Maintenance - EU/USA

Cripplik

Sorry, i have not been online for couple of days, but i was really upset during the last maintenance: We have been told - its gonna be off peak hours - "ok for the US mb(proly weak european & asain & russian community)," not only it is during our peak hours, it also degrades our game enjoyment due to the fact that players on american servers have better conditions for operations finishing, since they have the servers on during the peak hours, after the maintenance

As long as you proclaimed this game to be challenging, such advantages should not appear: Either, preset time for us and eu maintenance, off peak hours or maintain the servers in both european and american peak, such solution will be way more challenging than the option presented(probably for easier patching).

Also: regarding extended maintenance - have you considered rewarding non-american server players in any way, since they were unable to play nearly whole day of prepaid time(id say, sending ppl 2 read eula isnt the proper way....).....?

Maintenance happens. I'm sure they're working towards being able to do it on offpeak times for the EU but that involves adjusting schedules and/or hiring new staffers to be around when that maintenance happens. It takes time. They know its an issue - continuing to complain about when there are existing threads on the topic doesn't help anyone.

its gonna be off peak hours
Off-peak is a combination of two things. It is non-business hours for the operating company (ie: they are in CST) which means that is off-peak for them. Off-peak also means when the lowest amount of subscribers aren't online, unfortunately that usually means EU users.

Want to change it? Get more EU customers. So instead of wasting more time trying to change maintenance, try getting more subscribers.

Also: regarding extended maintenance - have you considered rewarding non-american server players in any way, since they were unable to play nearly whole day of prepaid time(id say, sending ppl 2 read eula isnt the proper way....).....?
Why should only non-American server players get some 'reward'? Not all players in the US play during normal US hours either. In fact I would be playing normally during that time. How exactly do you supposedly fairly rewarding someone who loses access? You don't and can't. The only real fair way to do it is where it effects the least amount of customers, it has nothing to do with geo-graphic location or US vs EU.

That unfortunately means we can't play during those times. We agree to those terms in the EULA.

Edited by DarkSeverance

Want to change it? Get more EU customers. So instead of wasting more time trying to change maintenance, try getting more subscribers.

Are u suggesting eu base isnt strong enough? id willingly argue, since we have more crowded servers than americans....

Edited by Cripplik

Are u suggesting eu base isnt strong enough? id willingly argue, since we have more crowded servers than americans....
I didn't say that at all. Also without knowing what hardware is devoted to each server, if that hardware is equal for every server... the assumption of crowded doesn't mean anything. I said what off-peak means a combination of two things typically as I already defined.

Edit: Although I should of stated get more players during that time frame vs other times and not directed it at just EU players.

Edited by DarkSeverance

08:00am - 16:00pm on a weekday is offpeak in the EU as most of the player base is either in work or at school! all this bloody crying makes me laugh.

My perm rosta days off are a tues and weds every wekk am i crying and asking for a hug from mummy no lol

08:00am - 16:00pm on a weekday is offpeak in the EU as most of the player base is either in work or at school! all this bloody crying makes me laugh.

My perm rosta days off are a tues and weds every wekk am i crying and asking for a hug from mummy no lol

*9-17 for some people AND the moment they go extended maintanence it will be on peak times.

And Yes as I called it 2 times before, It will go to extendend maintanence. I don't trust the hamfisted people.

Oh the horrors once a week its hard to find a group because of maintence!! ...Honestly you would still complain even if it was during your off peak hours because then ON NO those blast North America's / Canadians got the patch first. Atleast they're doing them all at the sametime.

*9-17 for some people AND the moment they go extended maintenance it will be on peak times.
That is unfortunate but it is also that sometimes happens and can't be avoided. I was home from work the last extension and up but couldn't' play. It really sucks I know but it happens. It isn't like they sit in a room thinking of ways to make people miserable. Those people want to be done with the maintenance like anyone else and go home.