The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

[POLL] Will you continue to subscribe?

Vitiatix

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've already cancelled mine. The game is mediocre and the community of rabid fan boys is horrible when it comes to criticism. As well as the reports of people being banned for whispering to friends.

http://i.imgur.com/6olMm.jpg

Not to sound like a fanboy, but I'm really not going to just take his word for it.

People like to drum up as much drama as humanly possible, and I don't see any sort of screen shot of an e-mail or conversation with a GM.

And this doesn't just pertain to TOR. Situations like this happen all the time.

Also, I'll agree that fanboys exist. They really do. But when people defend the game or argue against a point that is simply "GJ BioWare for putting out a broken game. The grafix r horrible, and I don't want a single player game in my MMO. This game will be F2P (and / or) dead in 6/mo because I didn't enjoy my experience" I'd say they aren't fanboys.

They're just tired of people who bash this game for the most asinine reasons.

Edited by Jhonen

It's the best MMO for a while and although lacking some features they have a solid base for improvement.

I'd like to say yes, but bugs are killing the game for me. I'm talking some game breakers like guild/party chat not functioning, target switching lag, and UI suddenly becoming unresponsive to all mouse input. Then annoyances like certain keybindings not working, missing required UI functionality, memory leaks degrading performance, companion abilities deactivating just to name a few of a very long list.

Finally there is the error 9000 frequent disconnect issue which plagued me since launch - I have now worked around it using a VPN connection but it's still wrecking the game for many people. The fact it's been happening for 2 weeks with no resolution doesn't fill me with much optimism.

For these reasons I have my account unsubscribed and will decide whether to reactivate it depending on how hard Bioware works on moving their game out of beta state during the first month.

Already canceled. I will activate it if the combat responsiveness is improved.(Don't think its going to happen til they start working on a expansion tho. Game engine stuff)

i'm not sure if you are aware of this. But the game default setting puts in a (0.5 sec) queue on all your actions key (allow you to queue up an action 0.5 seconds before it is available).

You will need to turn the queue to (0.0) sec. That means you will see your action bar light up when it is available to use instead of lighting up 0.5 sec before it is available.

If it still delay after changing this then... Bioware need to fix it.

Not to sound like a fanboy, but I'm really not going to just take his word for it.

People like to drum up as much drama as humanly possible, and I don't see any sort of screen shot of an e-mail or conversation with a GM.

And this doesn't just pertain to TOR. Situations like this happen all the time.

That's understandable. The sad part is that in that thread people were defending BioWare even if it were truth. Any time you bring up a criticism against the game, even if it's a known bug it'll be called a "innovative new feature by BioWare".

That's understandable. The sad part is that in that thread people were defending BioWare even if it were truth. Any time you bring up a criticism against the game, even if it's a known bug it'll be called a "innovative new feature by BioWare".

Also, I'll agree that fanboys exist. They really do. But when people defend the game or argue against a point that is simply "GJ BioWare for putting out a broken game. The grafix r horrible, and I don't want a single player game in my MMO. This game will be F2P (and / or) dead in 6/mo because I didn't enjoy my experience" I'd say they aren't fanboys.

They're just tired of people who bash this game for the most asinine reasons.

Nope, already uninstalled. Probably not going to play MMOs ever again. Disappointing purchase tbh. Going to concentrate on school/work instead.

And happy New Year! Hope you all don't spend all of 2012 in front of a computer screen! :p:p:p:p:p:p

It has it glitchs and some downfalls here and there but all games do... over all I think this game is doing Great, sure they dont have level brackets for PvP just yet but i'm sure once more people reach level 50 they'll add brackets, I know I wouldn't want to sit in a que all damn day waiting for a battle simply cause there's no level capped ppl to Fight :/ overall this game is doing great for it having just launched, if they will fix the accelerated mouse and depending how end game content feels and plays I may unsub from WoW and make this my MMO choice but it'll also depend if blizzard fixes their game in MoP and if this game fixs the few MINOR issues :) but they are minor after all

I will most definitely be continuing to sub to this game! It isn't perfect, true, but no game is and so far I am loving the direction this game is taking. The story, voice, gameplay, everything is great. Only thing I don't like about the game is *cough*Nar Shaddaa*cough*.

No i will not be resubbing at the end of free time.

I will resub when BW gets up to speed with common current mmo tools. I am not talking content i am talking in game tools like

dye system

target of target

Moveable scalable ui

appearance tab

lfg system

guild banks

The list could go on and on!

Answer: NO

Obviously I canceled my subscription, 30 days of play time are more than enough for a single player game, when developers will turn it into an actual MMO I'll definitely come back.

if you say so. i think the class stories alone could keep me busy till the first major patch... and by then i'd have plenty of 50's to choose from.

Probably not, depends on when gw2 comes out, the fact that swtor shipped without vital must have features for modern mmos like a cross server looking for dungeon feature (qq all you like but that was a dreadfull failure from a purely business perspective, when other competitive mmos have this..)

Not to mention shipping with just 3 miserable warzones where if your sith you will be stuck with endless runs of the abominable epic design failure that is huttball, not sure what they were thinking when competitive games like rift & wow have multiple fun battlegrounds that are well designed & can be selected individually..

Probably not, depends on when gw2 comes out, the fact that swtor shipped without vital must have features for modern mmos like a cross server looking for dungeon feature (qq all you like but that was a dreadfull failure from a purely business perspective, when other competitive mmos have this..)

Not to mention shipping with just 3 miserable warzones where if your sith you will be stuck with endless runs of the abominable epic design failure that is huttball, not sure what they were thinking when competitive games like rift & wow have multiple fun battlegrounds that are well designed & can be selected individually..

...and nothing of value was lost.

Nope.... they still need to touch this game up quite a bit still... I already have a lvl 50 so I will probably re-subscribe when I read better patch notes.

Side note: I dont know how they mess up the most important title (Darth) and not hot fix it... its unreal.