The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

[POLL] Will you continue to subscribe?

Vitiatix

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I will.

Because this is the MMO Ive been waiting for for years.

There are some things I dont understand why they didnt include (like a Mentoring system so that characters of different levels could group together), but I think about 95% of this game is AWESOME.

And thats a pretty good ratio.

For now yes, I think they've made a reasonable start despite what many players may be saying.

However, with the amount of money behind this game (Both in terms of development and ongoing monthly fees) I think we as customers are justified in expecting bugs to be ironed out quickly, improvements to be made frequently to the core game and new content to be added regularly.

The next few months will be very telling.

M

Absolutely, yes! Although I have to agree that I find myself with the feeling that I'm playing a singleplayer rpg, with fabulous co-op of course, than I do an mmo, but I'm completely fine with this.

Theres alot to be disired with this one, but its still very new, alot will happen in the next year or 2, and who knows, with as open as the core game is shaped, we could very well end up with maaaannnny more worlds and systems to explore.

personaly where I think this game has a very good chance to shine is the pvp. If they can clean it up a bit and make it matter, WE should be fighting for control of worlds and star systems, not fighting for a huttball -.-!, It could really be a blast.

With the level of quality that was put into the pve part of the game, you would really hope the pvp component would be stronger, and hopefully it WILL get there along the way.

The building blocks are there and the future looks very bright for this one to me!

Also, I dont think GW2 will have a 10th of the impact on this games pop as Diablo 3 will, up side for EVERYONE tho, gonna be quite a few quality games suckin our life away for 2012

Edited by Konns

Heck yeah!

This is the first MMO in nearly 7 years that has felt fresh to me. It is also a fairly well polished product and the only a couple have been worthy of that term at launch (please realize that ALL games are going to have some bugs initially, I have suffered from a couple myself in TOR already).

I'm really not looking forward to hitting the level cap and getting stuck doing repeatable content though.... I don't see how any MMO can avoid that treadmill. At least I can create a character on the other side and have a mostly new experience (different classes too, but they still share a lot of the same areas which makes it less "fresh").

I've also enjoyed the PvP more than I expected.. particularly HuttBall =) As long as it continues to be expanded I think I'll continue to enjoy it.

Grymm the Corvair nut!

MMO's since EQ1 (too many to list)

5 Chevrolet Corvairs

Edited by Corvairnut

No.

Main reasons are following:

-Getting warning for saying something over a whisper to friend.

-Unresponsiveness of abilities, ie. delay when activating, having to wait animation to finish before recast, no consistent feeling if ability actually succeeded(ability plays, animation runs but ability was never really used)

-Bugs, dem bugs. Getting stuck in class quest for days due to bug. In balmorra heroic 4 droid q container works as stargate if you run against when when open(game freezes, you may or may not warp to location x meters away).

-Space battles first game nostalgic feeling of star fox, but after week it just turned boring.

-RailRPG feeling of leveling, constantly being held and pointed where to go with no real exploring.

-Sudden FPS drops and stuttering even with over avg gaming rig(intel i7 3960x lg2011 / HD 6970).

-Memleaks, dem memleaks.

-Hardcoded hotkeys overlapping with keybindings i've grown used to over the years, forcing me to change my habit of binding ctrl+wasd, § and alt+nums(glitched in windowed mode sometimes)

But then again there were some humorous bugs also. For example seeing my companion run behind my ship during space battle. And collision detection glitch in ship warped me to outside of my ship killing me. Also with bit of practice you can pretty much run down any steep or vertical cliff without taking any damage.

Before someone once again throws complain that "ITS ONLY LAUNCH!!", many of these bugs have been reported even during the beta. And saying that 7 year old MMO had them during its launch is even bigger reason why they should have been fixed already.

It's part of humanity to make mistakes, but idiocy is when you dont learn from mistakes others have made.

Overall I still liked the game and grinded to 50 just because of class storylines. Time used for this was bit over what normal singleplayer game with same price would have taken, but to me it doesnt justify paying extra in form of subscription. For that, I'd except actual customer support, some real endgame content in beginning, communication and some timetable when most critical bugs are planned to be fixed.

It's just plain annoying when theres no response from support for getting stuck in class quest and having to hunt workarounds from web for couple of days to get it working properly, and even then the quest completion doesnt register properly.

50/50 will I come back later when most annoying "features" to me are fixed, depends mostly how customer service works then as thats one of the biggest factors to me.

tl;dr: i got my moneys worth of playing from first month, current content and bugs are not worth the montly fee to me.

Edited by Murski

Yes. BioWare has made some of my favorite games since kotor. As a fan, I'm not going to abandon them because some people think the game is buggy. MMO launches are notorious for having issues. I was there for Age of Conan's launch and SWTOR doesn't have near the issues that game had. In fact, the game for me has been pretty stable minus some of the eyes/faces going black in cutscenes.

Yes i'll continue to subscribe.

Even when GW2 comes out i will continue to subscribe because GW2 will have no subscriptions.

The only reason that will make me end my subscription is if Tera Online, Blade & Soul or The Secret World are really good.

Subbed for 3 months. Should give me an indication for how well Bioware handles patching and bugfixes. It's a brilliant game for the most part, best mmo apart from wow I've played in the last 7 years (Very refreshing to have an mmo where the content doesn't just end after lvl 30), however, it does have issues I'd like to see fixed. Mainly fixing bugs in some of the endgame content. And adding hardmodes for the remaining half of the flashpoints.

Don't know. Probably will for a couple of months, but it depends on the changes BioWare is going to make.

First of all they need to quit being crypto-fascist American imperialists and should stop discriminating against Europeans (de facto we get less playtime in the regular hours). It´s ridiculous, we pay more (see exhange rate) and receive less (and to be honest, translation is a poor excuse to have it more expensive; I've got exactly the same English version as all the others - then it's just collective punishment (usually employed by fascist regimes) for the deviant behavior of the Germans and French).

And the bugs need to be fixed, though I find the obnoxious American-centric behavior by BioWare to be the most annoying.

still not sure but doubt it

1. It doesn't feel like an MMO so why pay subs for a decent single player?

2. It's way too linear

3. Way too much travelling from one hub to another

4. Horrible transport systems - having to go to spaceport to go to a new zone etc

5. Bewildering array of currencies etc

6. Guild's are currently redundant

7. Full of WoW trolls

8. Very little challenge

9. the promised "10 rats" quests are no more is nonsense it's all like that

10. PvP is ludicrously horrible oh please why should a level 10 with 3 spells fight a 50 - come on!

11. Bioware dont appear to listen to constructive feedback - see point 10 for example