[POLL] Will you continue to subscribe?

Vitiatix

Yes. Subscribed for 3 months & sure I will enjoy those months as well. Only thing I don't like so far is lack of variation in PvP arena's & all the crappy chuck norris "jokes" & whatever in the general chat. Saw that **** in lotro when it was out too, but beside that I been "lucky" with general chats in mmo's I guess or just getting "old" & "picky".

Basicially minor complaints which will probably get sorted when I get in the right guild as well with content updates. So not too much worries here.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

never seen so many people cancel subscriptions for so few reasons. somebody in the crew skill forums says he unsubbed because of the nerf to slicing, like... really!??!!? because they nerfed one thing. you guys are all "ZOMGWTFBBQTHISGAMESUCKSIQUIT!!!!!! NEEEEEEEEEERRRRRDDDDRRRRAAAAAAGGGGGEEEEE!!!!!"

I guess some people only say they are going to cancel subscription, in fact they are not going to do so.

Yes and no

If there coming a Big patch really Big patch that fix the some of the problems

Small bugs ok

1 LFG tool

2. Pvp resole now its a darn joke

3. Bugs

3 and what the People saying om the forums

So if there a Big patch really Big patch like you see in wow

Then yes and if they Devs and BW are giveing us more Info yes

Right now we don't hear Jack from them bad bad bad Way

I guess some people only say they are going to cancel subscription, in fact they are not going to do so.

Some people think if they whine and complain as loud as they can that they will respond to them.

Edited by Crash-X

Not a chance. I think the MMO product life cycle has exhausted my real life thrill cap.

Good Job Bioware, it's not all your fault. Many of us are just getting too old for this I

guess.

I think I am with you.

I have been playing these games since UO was realeased than moving to Asherons Call for many years and I can say I am not excited anymore about these games. The community is different and the studios that make them are hell bent on making money fast.

They need to fix the queue issues so that a queue is not the norm but the exception at least. The world size combined with low #s of players in each instance does make worlds a little on the smallish size. They also need some sort of self perpetuating open world pvp system. Ilum is large and all but there is really no reason to go there other than to farm gear from what I've heard at least. A relic system akin to DAoC where players stole relics back and forth which had a direct effect on performance in pvp and pve would be very cool and it is self perpetuating.

Depends how long till GW2

Same here.

Guild Wars 2 won't be out until 3rd or 4th quarter 2012, so I will enjoy SWTOR until then.

Once Guild Wars 2 is released, I will be cancelling here immediately. Not because SWTOR is bad, I think its a great game, I really do. I just think its a year or two too late to the stage, and Guild Wars 2 is the future.

Maybe "some" but you act like this game is addicting at all. people claim they quit and stay anyway only when they are addicted to the game. While it's only my own opinion, even runes of magic, a F2P game with barely any support at all is more addicting.

Guild Wars 2 won't be out until 3rd or 4th quarter 2012

You'd be surprised. The closed beta is supposed to be short since alpha took care of the major problems and the open beta will follow not long after closed beta. a Q3-4 release mean something went terribly wrong

Edited by mastersloup

I signed up for 6 months. I think this is about how long it will take me to play through all of the content I want, so it seemed a worth-while purchase. I've basicly payed for the cost of 2 full price Single-player rpgs. As I'm playing this game like that, and there is certainly more content here of a SPRPG style then 2 normal full-price games of that sort, I think it's money well spent. I'd have bought kotor 3, 4, 5 and so forth and am basically doing so now.

Long term however? MMORPGS do not appeal to me, at least not the MMO part of it. I don't like wasting an evening being spammed by little kids, or having to justify my skill level to someone 15 years younger then me, who has 10+ extra hours in the day to devote to playing a game which I, as an adult, do not, and so forth. That is not a complaint against this game specifically, but is the general reason I don't have any interest in/play WoW, Rifts or etc. As such unless I end up stumbling my way into a like-minded guild of people or something (possible but not likely) I likely won't be remaining in the game beyond that time frame. SPRPGs happen to be my hobby, thus I don't come equip with friends who I'd naturally play the game with. I'm just glad this turned out to be enough like a SP game for me to enjoy it for as long as it will take me to complete all the content I wish too. That's likely a major issue it has for some other people, but its what I wanted out of the game, so I'm happy at least.

Edited by BladedEdge

Answer: NO

Obviously I canceled my subscription, 30 days of play time are more than enough for a single player game, when developers will turn it into an actual MMO I'll definitely come back.

You'll definitely come back. That goes without saying.

To answer the OP's question ... Yes .. I will.

I was adamantly against SWTOR (anyone in SWG that knew me knows how much of an understatement that is coming from me).

I decided to try it out though since LA pulled our license.

I have to say that I am really enjoying SWTOR.

I'm not going anywhere anytime soon.

Same here.

Guild Wars 2 won't be out until 3rd or 4th quarter 2012, so I will enjoy SWTOR until then.

Once Guild Wars 2 is released, I will be cancelling here immediately. Not because SWTOR is bad, I think its a great game, I really do. I just think its a year or two too late to the stage, and Guild Wars 2 is the future.

Watch out with hyping a game like this. The same thing was done for this game...

Most likely not. I only bought the game in the first place because it started up right after finals and I have 1 month christmas break. So it was perfect to use the free month and that's it.

If I wasn't going back to school I could see myself playing this game for another month or two but not much more than that. Once I've seen all the story I don't see any reason to keep playing it. They won't be able to create new story as fast as we consume it, that's guaranteed.

I'll probably stay subscribed another couple of months, but that's usually my tolerance limit for most MMOs nowadays.

I think this game will be successful, the second-biggest "proper" MMO, and stay that way for a good few years.

It's added sufficient novelty to the standard "themepark" formula, in the form of a deep and involving single-player game component, that it subtly influences the way players interact in-game (they roleplay more, in a minor sense).

At the very least, this makes for more of a sense of being someone else, in a virtual world - i.e. more immersion, BioWare's classic strength. And that's bound to influence, a bit, how you interact with other people. That's the game's true innovation.

Edited by gurugeorge

Answer: NO

Obviously I canceled my subscription, 30 days of play time are more than enough for a single player game, when developers will turn it into an actual MMO I'll definitely come back.

Lets see,

You never intended on staying with this game to begin with, so no loss!!

Watch out with hyping a game like this. The same thing was done for this game...

I'll bite, The difference between guild wars 2 and SWTOR/wow/other mmo is Arenanet did something different for once.

Dynamic events and personal storyline instead of quests

No holy trinity

Power plateau

NO GRIND!

Sidekick system(which allow you to play with your friend no matter what level)

dynamic event applying to dungeons aswell

Cross profesion skill combo

dodge bar

Weapons skills

Game completely change underwater(your whole skillbar change) so as a fire elementalist, instead of casting fireball you'll boil the water around your foe or attach a rock to its foot sinking him to the bottom etc)

etc...

So if Guild wars 2 end up being a huge success, yes it will be the futur because more MMO will use their system instead of the old quest/holy trinity/grind we all know. I think guild wars 2 is the only game people don't call a wow clone.

Edited by mastersloup

Yes, have subscribed for 6 months.

What KEEPS me playing is:

1) No addons

2) No arenas

3) Fun PvP

4) Easy raid content

So far, thumbs up from me :)

1)This game needs addon/mod support period.

2)If you don't like arenas don't play them I like they would be fun especially arenas with companions allowed would be cool.

3)PVP is fun but they need to expand the open world pvp scence.

4)Raid content should not be a faceroll.

Although I to will continue to subscribe no other MMO out there has my interest for the next year or so.

Edited by kotorspartan