DoTs preventing from capping objectives

Keistown

You are, once again, implying that one of those 3 out of 8 classes will be around and that their dispel is going to be the one that you need. What if a sorc loses to a warrior in 1v1 combat and leaves a dot on the guardian as he dies in Alderaan? He can just fly back and continue the process and the warrior will never be able to cap.

Its an awful mechanic that other games have figured out a long time ago.

The issue you are proposing is with the bikes, not the Sorc/Sage. Edited by Herculieas

I agree. Anything that doesnt require direct actions, shouldnt inyerupt you while caping an objective. Its fine if the application of a dot interupts the capping, but the dots themselves just shouldnt do it. Its downright stupid to kill someone and still being unable to cap just cause you got a dot on you.

No, I am not. But if there is one, they have an enormous advantage at cap prevention.

As a sage, I literally have a 21 second instant DoT.

Gratz. You can prevent the enemy from capturing a point for 21 seconds. You don't need to whine about getting 5-10 seconds DoT when you are trying to capture. And if it really hurts you so bad, respec to healer. Try killing people then fast enough to capture the point before they come back.

Is it to hard to understand that this game is about teamplay, and not doing everything by yourself?

Do you see people whine when they are CCed and pushed into a firetrap and their CC break is on CD? Well, they do, but they shouldn't. That's the way it's meant to be. If you are CCed in a firetrap you are screwed unless you have a healer healing/purging you.

What's the point of healing in this game if you just need to DPS to kill everyone? Healers have their job, dpsers have theirs. DPSers clear the area, healers support the capture. You lack dps, you can't kill fast enough and are unable to capture in time. You lack the healing, you die or are unable to capture because no one can purge you.

legit issue, obviously needs fixing. anyone who doesn't think this is silly is just wrong. there's really no need to discuss it further.
You: my opinion is right because everyone who disagrees with me is wrong.

Logical.

Edited by Herculieas

"stop being oblivious"

Yeah, I'm sure you can tell when other players have a DoT on them from the utterly horrible raidframes.

Pretty much all dots have some kind of visible appearance. Purple coloring, flames, ect. I just....look directly in front of me, at the guys trying to cap. I don't use a mod, I don't look at the UI. I just LOOK at the guys in front of me.

Gratz. You can prevent the enemy from capturing a point for 21 seconds. You don't need to whine about getting 5-10 seconds DoT when you are trying to capture. And if it really hurts you so bad, respec to healer. Try killing people then fast enough to capture the point before they come back.

Is it to hard to understand that this game is about teamplay, and not doing everything by yourself?

Do you see people whine when they are CCed and pushed into a firetrap and their CC break is on CD? Well, they do, but they shouldn't. That's the way it's meant to be. If you are CCed in a firetrap you are screwed unless you have a healer healing/purging you.

What's the point of healing in this game if you just need to DPS to kill everyone? Healers have their job, dpsers have theirs. DPSers clear the area, healers support the capture. You lack dps, you can't kill fast enough and are unable to capture in time. You lack the healing, you die or are unable to capture because no one can purge you.

I play a sage and do it to others. I can dispel myself btw so I don't suffer from this problem. I also occasionally switch specs to heal.

Pretty much all dots have some kind of visible appearance. Purple coloring, flames, ect. I just....look directly in front of me, at the guys trying to cap. I don't use a mod, I don't look at the UI. I just LOOK at the guys in front of me.

Because there's not a metric ****ton of graphical effects going on at all the time in warzones?

Oh, wait.

I love DoTing people so they can't take objectives. Being a Dirty Fighting Scoundrel allows me to secure so many victories for the Republic for the simple fact I can keep every single Imperial from completing objectives, unless they chose to deal with me.

I play a sage and do it to others. I can dispel myself btw so I don't suffer from this problem. I also occasionally switch specs to heal.

Then you know how valuable a healer is in any party. No one should try a capture without a healer and expect an easy win. This just gives healers a reason to stick to healing instead of respec'ing to DPSers. I have been tempted to respec to DPSer too, but I stick to healing because I think it's one of the most important parts of PvPing and healers aren't common in this game because they are hard to play. If they reduce the need of healers, add that to the crappy reward system and no one farming valor will play a healer when you can get 100-200 more valor points every WZ by switching to DPSer.

And unless you are heal spec'd, as a sorc/sage your purge is half as useful. Still useful, but that difference can change the whole game. That's why I think it's good the way it is. It's my opinion tho, and everyone is entitled to theirs.