The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

How is this an mmo

Beevman

Yeah, but...

You can get in a squad in BF3 and that's not an MMO, is it?

You can group with your friends. Do an instance/map. The whole nine yards. But... that's not an MMO. Even though those 64 player maps might have more people in them than an entire planet here.

Not sure I understand your definition of MMO. By your way of thinking, any online multiplayer game is an MMO. Including: BF3, COD, Assassin's Creed Multiplayer, League of Legends and so on.

The first M in MMO refers to the number of people playing the same game at the same time. It does not refer to the number of players that you are currently interacting with.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Massively Multiplayer - tons of people playing Check

Online - yep

RPG - role playing game - yep

OP is a pathetic troll that has failed tremendously. WoW's forums are that way. ----->

:rolleyes:

/thread

And I don't give a darn if the mods like to hand out infractions for saying so but until them get rid of the trolls this forum is nothing but a toliet.

LOL Op is mad cuz his fav game is gonna go f2p soon. It's not an MMO, get over it.

It's a MSO, massive singleplayer online game (with huge deserted dead planets might i add, mob / npc / player wise).

Edited by Skeelol

IMO this is not an MMO.

But neither is WoW, WAR, EQ, or any other supposed MMO that splits its playerbase up into multiple servers.

To me the only real MMO on the market is EVE Online. I don't know if any other online game has everyone on one server.