M1-4X question

LWMWEB

Open your companion full skill bar by clicking on the "-" in the upper right of their little circle window on your bottom right screen. This will pop their bar up overtop of yours. Each companion skill icon has a green/black square on it. Green = they'll use it in combat. Black = they won't use it in combat.

Cheers.

This seems to only work temporarilty. When I ue my speeder or log in or out it returns to active. It is something of a pain to continualy make the change. I am a commando and do not ever (ok) want him to use this. I want a permanent delete.

This seems to only work temporarilty. When I ue my speeder or log in or out it returns to active. It is something of a pain to continualy make the change. I am a commando and do not ever (ok) want him to use this. I want a permanent delete.

why are you having issues with his harpoon? Just stand about 10 meters from him.

While I can see why people would not want M1 to tractor in enemies while solo'ing, I have to say it is very handy when using him to tank for your group.

I usually use him when all I can find is a dps or two to do Heroic 2's. I stun other strongs and elites, while he ropes in the main target for everyone to start beating on. Another useful biproduct of this strategy is that your CC is almost never broken by players who cannot stop using AOE attacks because of the fact that you've seperated the current target from the rest of the group.

Think about this: Do you use EVERY SINGLE ONE of your skills while playing? Do you even use enough skills AND items to fill up more than 2 of the 3 available additional quickslot bars? If you answered yes to either of the above questions, don't even bother reading the rest of this.

For those of you still reading, consider utilizing the function to enable your companions skill bar as one of your 3 expanded quickslot spaces. Personally, I can barely fill half of a 2nd bar with skills, and I still have a few blanks spaces on my bottom 2. My solution has been replacing my right-hand quickslot bar with my companion skill bar. The reason I mention this is that it helps to almost completely negate the issue of how long it takes to enable/disable the hookshot skill for any class' companion(s). So for now, once you've accepted the fact that the problem will persist until BioWare officially fixes it, you can move on to getting into the habit of right clicking the skill whenever you zone in/out, speeder on/off, or whatever else.

I know, I know, the issue at hand is that it shouldn't be this way to begin with, but I, for one, have found a temp solution that is very easy to get into the habit of doing. Hell, you don't even have to enable their entire bar; just drag and drop the harpoon skill onto one of your quickslots and keep track of when it goes off or on.

Hope this helps a bit...Forex is an AWESOME companion outside of this minor bug and I am deeply saddened by the fact that people take other companions over him, for this or other reasons =P TBH, if anything they should completely remove the harpoon skill from the RANGED TANK companions and maybe give it to the melees as a shared cooldown with the jump/gap-closer? So if you wanted to hit from afar, you enabled the jump. If you needed to do melee damage, you enabled the hook. Simple solution imho.