The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Level 10-50s together in a warzone is the dumbest thing in MMO history

TheMove

You do realize you get buffed to have similar dps/health as the 50's right?

You do realize that a 50 has about 25 more talent points then a 15 right which makes them MUCH MUCH MUCH LESS POWERFUL i can always tell when im not fighting another 50cause there HP ticks down very quickly. Heres my problem what if ohhhhhhhhhh you have more people on one side then the other like in Ajunta Pall right now when i join a WZ there are maybe 1-3 50s including myself where as the other team has 5-7 50s................proceed to get facerolled and try to make sure i get as many shields as i can so i can. So it would be a good idea if they gave the low lvls the abilities that they dont have the talent points they dont have and keep the boslter where it is.BTW im not saying i want it easy all im saying is i want it EVEN and me with 7 people Lvls 11-19 agenst 7 50s and 1 11 isnt even is BS.

Edited by HanSollo

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The biggest problem i have against 50s is their gear with expertise which really makes a huge difference. Try killing a 50 with full pvp gear where you are in your 30s or even 40s, you will understand why people are complaining. Either lucky that the 50 player can't play the class and spend 1 minute damaging his/her expertise gear or die in 5 seconds against a pro 50. 10 - 49 Yeah.. 10-50 NO

That's my 2 cents.

The biggest problem i have against 50s is their gear with expertise which really makes a huge difference. Try killing a 50 with full pvp gear where you are in your 30s or even 40s, you will understand why people are complaining. Either lucky that the 50 player can't play the class and spend 1 minute damaging his/her expertise gear or die in 5 seconds against a pro 50. 10 - 49 Yeah.. 10-50 NO

That's my 2 cents.

It would be the same outcome as taking a fresh 50 and going against a fully PvP geared player.

People in PvP gear will beat people not in PvP gear in PvP.

Brackets don't work, countless other games prove.. brackets don't actually work.

rift, wow, Warhammer online

All had brackets, all had dead spots...

Warhammer Online - Tier 1 popped decently/Tier 2 slowed down/Tier3 was dead/tier 4 popped back again, and what did people whine about "Realm Rank 80's and Premades are killing us, bracket them off" all the while increasing the queue time for pops.

Rift - Exactly the same, brackets, slow queue times and they bracketed off Premades (instantly going from 5 min pops to 40 min pops with groups) and rank 8 players (now 15 min queue's while solo)

WoW, Brackets - Twinks.. Slow pops, nuff said.

They don't work, the people who whine they get killed now, will whine when they're 50 and still dying.

They won't be happy till they get a game where they don't die, and everyone is waiting an hour for pops.

I like that the game pops fast

I like that I can roll an alt, and play with my level 50 Friends, I like that i can play my levle 50 with my level 30 friends.

The only people who complain about this system are E-thugs who frankly get butthurt when they die.

I've only read the first 2 pages of this thread, but I just can't believe people like eloco actually exist. "Oh they buff you up to level 50", "If there were brackets, soon no one would be able to pvp."

Are you serious? First of all, bolstering doesn't do jack squat. Higher levels have better gear and more abilities, and deeper talent trees to use on you. DERP.

Secondly, this is an MMO with a HIGH reroll factor. Every base character class you roll will have a totally different story, so chances are there will ALWAYS be people with low level characters. Never mind the fact that the part of the point of a company making an MMO is continually draw new costumers in.

THERE WILL ALWAYS (theoretically) BE NEW PLAYERS TO FILL OUT LOWER BRACKETS MORONS!

Edited by Egliap

I can't even believe people that make such a big game can be this dumb. Its really a joke when you hit level 10 and can't wait to do some low level warzones and when the warzone starts you see a team filled with level 50s. Ive been playing since first day early access. I rerolled a few times. Now every warzone I get thrown to the wolves. Not even fun.

My last warzone last nite here was the results because it blew my mind. This was the attacker, and defender warzone. I was level 12 sage. Ended up with 41 kills, 150k damage, 50k healing. You would think I did well but there was two level 50 shadows on my team. 61 kills each, 400k dmg. 11 awards each. other team had a bunch of 50s as well.

Im not greedy and don't ask for much. I would settle for just letting level 50s have thier own bracket. Just a joke. Whoever thought this is ok should be fired asap.

This is just out an out hubris on the point of Bioware. They absolutely hate that players bypass all their glorious voice over content to level a bit at level 10 in warzones. After all that is their pride and joy, and players basically didn't buy into it. That's why they hit the spacebar so often.

This game needs cross server PVP, bam problem solved. The way WoW did it with battlegroups is kind of hard to improve upon and it ensures there is a much larger player base to pull players from. It allows you to have lower level pvp brackets but even more importantly it speeds up pvp queue times and also allows you to have a more balanced match making system. Currently it's literally always one side rofl stomping the other horrendously.

Hi!

I'm 50. I'm good at PvP. I own the current system (its not very hard to).

That being said, it is so terribly awful I can't even describe.

You think gear, talent trees, bolstering, skills or whatever matters? Maybe to a degree, but the biggest factor is actually LEARNING TO PLAY.

If I get in a bg with other 50s who understand concepts like PASS or DEFEND then it's an easy win. If I get in a bg with over half level 10-20 it's a total loss no matter what I do.

Playing in the same BGs with 50s essentially means that 1 idiot (who gets passed the hutball for instance) can ruin an entire BG for 7 other ppl. I've lost multiple PvP matches this way. Some people don't even know how to pass, some try to score in the wrong goal, some don't even realize they have the ball. . . .

It's ludicrous. If you don't want to play against 50s while you are underleveled then you can just not queue till 50. If you don't want to play with 10s. . . you can just not queue ever.

Get some brackets. Seriously. This is pathetic.

Re-posting half of my original post from the Top Issues/Wishes thread for the sake of discussion and feedback.

Solution:

My simple solution to the warzone problem.

Split player vs. player warzones into three brackets.

1. Players (Level 10 - 29)

2. Players (Level 30 - 49)

3. Players (Level 50 Only)

Maintain the boost in brackets 1 and 2, naturally.

Do this, and you will adequately avoid all problems regarding what I've stated (and others similarly stated) above.

Edited by Tikiti

Re-posting half of my original post from the Top Issues/Wishes thread for the sake of discussion and feedback.

Solution:

My simple solution to the warzone problem.

Split player vs. player warzones into three brackets.

1. Players (Level 10 - 29)

2. Players (Level 30 - 49)

3. Players (Level 50 Only)

Maintain the boost in brackets 1 and 2, naturally.

Do this, and you will adequately avoid all problems regarding what I've stated (and others similarly stated) above.

Perfect solution, I thoroughly endorse this. If the queues become too long then add in cross-server functionality. The 'community' aspect isn't worth the imbalance it causes.

Again. . . I am level 50. This system is garbage and imbalanced (in my favor). All I want is fair competition.

Also, I should mention that I have been 50 2 days and have accumulated 5 champion pieces so far, and have enough badges to buy a centurion piece. This is also rediculous.

they could always go cross server, get a large pool of players and then make it so both teams have an even amount of levels and gear quality.

And then make a separate bracket for level 50 premade groups, because honestly that's the most annoying thing about BGs is premades steamrolling PUGs just trying to have fun.

No, this is the WORST idea ever in the history of mmos. Cross server pvp and cross server raiding and cross server instances absolutely without a doubt destroy the community in mmos. WoW messed up hard with xserver queing, and that was the main reason I quit.

You don't get to know the people on your server and you care less about helping your team because you reputation doesn't suffer as you will most likely never even see any of your teammates again. I know quite a few people who just go into bgs on wow now to afk farm honor and troll their own team because they will never see them again or even if they do its not like it matters because they aren't on their server.

The system in place is fine as it is, if you have a problem in PvP atm you are bad. I get on my level 12 commando and heal my team which usually contributes to a win, EVEN against level 50s. There is no reason why you shouldn't be able to help your team win even against 50's.

What most people here are complaining about is getting steamrolled by a 4man premade, which they will get steamrolled by even if the premade group weren't 50.

Currently the system in place is working as it makes que times not long at all, and gives the lower levels a glimpse of pvp before they level up to 50. Those who want to twink should just get over it or go back to a mmo that allows twinks.(last time I played wow they were doing everything they could to hurt twinking, like removing certain enchants)

TLDR: Stop your qq, get better, level up, or don't pvp. No matter what you do though just know that the system in place is fine.

I agree, they need to have level brackets. It would make for a more overall funner experience on the whole. It would basically level the playing field for each team... a group of level 10-19 going against other 10-19 would be fun, not as many 1 hit kills. Here is my PVP level brackets.

10-19

20-29

30-39

40-49

This would somewhat help level the playing field...

yes, it would be so awesome sitting in queues for 30 min

No, this is the WORST idea ever in the history of mmos. Cross server pvp and cross server raiding and cross server instances absolutely without a doubt destroy the community in mmos. WoW messed up hard with xserver queing, and that was the main reason I quit.

You don't get to know the people on your server and you care less about helping your team because you reputation doesn't suffer as you will most likely never even see any of your teammates again. I know quite a few people who just go into bgs on wow now to afk farm honor and troll their own team because they will never see them again or even if they do its not like it matters because they aren't on their server.

The system in place is fine as it is, if you have a problem in PvP atm you are bad. I get on my level 12 commando and heal my team which usually contributes to a win, EVEN against level 50s. There is no reason why you shouldn't be able to help your team win even against 50's.

What most people here are complaining about is getting steamrolled by a 4man premade, which they will get steamrolled by even if the premade group weren't 50.

Currently the system in place is working as it makes que times not long at all, and gives the lower levels a glimpse of pvp before they level up to 50. Those who want to twink should just get over it or go back to a mmo that allows twinks.(last time I played wow they were doing everything they could to hurt twinking, like removing certain enchants)

TLDR: Stop your qq, get better, level up, or don't pvp. No matter what you do though just know that the system in place is fine.

Yup, I too loved 4 hour BG queues before cross server BGs. I'm sure the Alliance on my server loved winning AV once a month too.

Yup, I too loved 4 hour BG queues before cross server BGs. I'm sure the Alliance on my server loved winning AV once a month too.

Yeah you only had those ques because of the bracket system. That is why this system works. Did you even bother reading what I wrote? Or are you just a simpleton who reads the first line or two?

Also, I would rather wait in a 4 hour que for same-server warzones than have cross-server clusterf**k games. Cross server anything is a terrible idea as it utterly destroys community, which is the only reason to play mmos in the first place.

The biggest factor is Expertise. A level 50 in Expertise gear will crush someone who's not. Anyone levels 1-49 is at a huge disadvantage going against a stacked team of 50's in purple gear.

There only needs to be two brackets.

Levels 1-40 and 41-50.

I'm lvl 50 and I have a Sith Juggernaut. I currently have 2 piece champion gear in PvP and I still can get killed by a lvl 20-40 character. You are bolstered to match health and dmg, but not gear.

If you hate the fact that a lvl 10 can queue with a 50 then you must also hate the fact that a lvl 19 and 10 can queue together. A lvl gap will always exist. The point is to make it quicker for ppl to play the game. If you are losing at a low lvl, then quest some more and try again in a couple of lvls after you get more skills and talents.