The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Blitz.....Another broken trooper skill?

asdfgasdfasd

Blitz isnt completely useless and at very first its not bad at all...unfortunately it scales terribly bad and by 50 its still only doing around 800 damage for such a situational skill...making it...pretty useless...

Mine often hits for 2k+

Maybe you arent geared right? =/

Edited by Deffer

Blitz is useful for soloing silver mobs as a tank; it is one of the 3 abilities that can hit above 1.5k reliably for me. The 45sec cooldown lines up with neural surge, but I usually use it with cryo grenade instead.

If it worked on elites, it would be a good way to break CC on a mob (as a tank) and get a nice threat lead. Alas...

My smuggler has a skill that is very similar to what you guys are describing (stun required, not usable in pvp, high damage). I think every class has a version of this skill, and they're all not usable in pvp? Just presuming. Edited by Faims

• 1 month later...
Other classes have the same ability. It's meant to be used as an easy trash killer, not much else. Just every 45 seconds I can one shot questing mobs.

Of course you have to waste your stun on the trash mob before you can use blitz. But why should I waste my 1min cd stun to one shot a trash mob?. Very strange lvl 36 ability.

Of course you have to waste your stun on the trash mob before you can use blitz. But why should I waste my 1min cd stun to one shot a trash mob?. Very strange lvl 36 ability.

Its not like anyone has an aoe stun or skills that incapacitate normal and below mobs.

Blitz could very suitable for PvP. Strange, that it does not work in PvP. This is bug and should be fixed.

Smuggler/ ops even get 2 of these. A melee one and a ranged one. Getting smashed for that much dmg every time I'm cc'd, for no energy cost, even from range and from all the players around me since they all have the skill. No thanks.

Full auto and sticky work on weak mobs to incapacitate mobs. Elara has a CC without a cooldown. Mobs survives mortar volley and still knocked down? Finish him off for free.

And that's just you in a group there be more chances. Mobs held in place by a sages force throw, mob hit by smugglers dirty kick, Mob knocked out by commando concussive round.

Edited by SirHaggis

Full auto and sticky work on weak mobs to incapacitate mobs. Elara has a CC without a cooldown. Mobs survives mortar volley and still knocked down? Finish him off for free.

And that's just you in a group there be more chances. Mobs held in place by a sages force throw, mob hit by smugglers dirty kick, Mob knocked out by commando concussive round.

If you need blitz after full-auto to finish off a trash mob you're doing something wrong. Especially considering your are a ranged dmg dealer. In the time it takes to walk next to the mob he should be already finished off by your standard attack.

Useless ability, even more considering you get it at lvl 36. Since it has already a CD of 45 seconds and requires a incapacitated target it should be allowed to be used against any mob including elites and champions.

Edited by Dragoon-

I tried Blitz for a good while but it so rarely available (meaning the conditions for it's use create too narrow an availability window).

When it is available, it does a big hit on weak mobs, which I don't need, they are cake anyway, what I need is a big hit on BIG mobs.

It became a waste of a slot and so I don't use it at all.