The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Why does everyone hate the prequals????

reaperkeepet

Thats actually not that uncommon, its called Broken Heart-Disease.

On Topic: I liked the prequels, I even liked JarJar Binks, and I grew up with the original trilogy ;-)

it might have been believable if they hadn't created the character of Padme to be a strong willed independent woman.

Nothing in her character leads me to believe that she wouldn't be able to go on especially after he force choked her.

In all reality there is NO reason to kill her. It fits in with the OT if she just went into hiding on Alderan.

edit: Also she didn't die of Broken Heart Disease as if you get Broken heart Disease it actually causes physical symptoms such as problems with your heart. The Medical droid said "there is nothing physically wrong with her she has just lost the will to live." oh and it's treatable it doesn't kill you in a matter of minutes.

Edited by jarjarloves

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it might have been believable if they hadn't created the character of Padme to be a strong willed independent woman.

Nothing in her character leads me to believe that she wouldn't be able to go on especially after he force choked her.

In all reality there is NO reason to kill her. It fits in with the OT if she just went into hiding on Alderan.

edit: Also she didn't die of Broken Heart Disease as if you get Broken heart Disease it actually causes physical symptoms such as problems with your heart. The Medical droid said "there is nothing physically wrong with her she has just lost the will to live." oh and it's treatable it doesn't kill you in a matter of minutes.

Your name says it all...

Or, you know, walking around them until you have the fabled high ground.

You idiots can't be this stupid. Oh wait you can be.

Yes walk on pebbles that will not support you walking over them.

And yes walk around because I'm sure Obi-wan would of just stand there doing nothing. Lol I love threads like this, the amount of stupid on both sides reach epic levels.

And yes walk around because I'm sure Obi-wan would of just stand there doing nothing. Lol I love threads like this, the amount of stupid on both sides reach epic levels.

You sound like you're 12 years old. I'll assume that, because the other options are more depressing.

In '99 the expectations were set unreasonably high. We had all conceived our own visions of how it was going to go down, and really, no movie could live up to the myriad of different backgrounds that had been created by thousands of fans.

In reality, we asked for it, we got it. Now we have to live with it.

Personally, I don't mind the prequels, there are moments that shine bright, but moments that fall flat. I view the saga as a whole, and not by individual episodes. It's like saying "This book is great, part of chapter 1 was awesome, chapter 2 was ok, things really started heating up in chapter 3, chapter 4 was really good, chapter 5 was unbelieveable, and it ended well with teddy bears in chapter 6. But I think I'm going to rip out a few pages, because I don't like them"

Anyway, I say keep on bringing on Star Wars, just look at the Clone Wars series. It's been great! There are numerous games that are great as well, this being one.

Just enjoy the saga.

-May the Force be with you

Umm their *********** jedi...why not make it so you are putting no weight on the ground you stand on cause you know their *********** jedi. They can levitate and ****. Nah I got to get fancy and flip over you obi and not even try to block the attack I could so easily have blocked. Why not just force throw some *********** lava or levitate the platform he is already standing on out of the lava and above *********** obi. Jesus you just don't even realize what a *********** cop out it is to say "I HAVE THE HIGH GROUND DERP HERP"

Umm their *********** jedi...why not make it so you are putting no weight on the ground you stand on cause you know their *********** jedi. They can levitate and ****. Nah I got to get fancy and flip over you obi and not even try to block the attack I could so easily have blocked. Why not just force throw some *********** lava or levitate the platform he is already standing on out of the lava and above *********** obi. Jesus you just don't even realize what a *********** cop out it is to say "I HAVE THE HIGH GROUND DERP HERP"

O_O...

Unfortunately the page does not show up....

Yes it does. And his second review of episode 2 is spot on as well. This guy NAILS every single thing wrong with these films.

They were awful. Can't believe Lucas actually put them together and thought they were "ok".

The prequel stories were decent enough.

It's just the acting and certain plot points were horrible.

Episode 1 the kid Anakin was so transparent and sounded so fake. I mean who rights "woohoo" into the script?

Episode 2...where do I even begin?

Episode 3 is a lot better in the acting department but by that point still having episode 2's taste in your mouth its just ruined.

I can name one thing that I genuinly liked about the prequels - The diversity in species, something I STRONGLY feel that bioware should have emulated, not just in SWTOR, but in KOTORII as well.

Seriously, the Star Wars universe has literally thousands of different species but what is the overwhelming majority? Humans. Good, GOD I'm sick of seeing thirty humans for every alien among NPC's. Hell, there wasn't a single non-human on the Jedi council in KOTORII! Am I the only one who finds that incredibly immersion-breaking? I even recall reading in a Star Wars book a long time ago that actually very FEW humans are able to become Jedi, meaning that they aren't particularly force-sensitive compared to other species.

Even if you factor in something silly such as humans breeding like cockroaches, the fact that there are so many different sentient species in the galaxy should'nt just easily counterbalance this, it should outright OVERWHELM the number of humans!

And don't even get me started on how stupidly racist they made the empire in general. Yes, they're supposed to be the bad guys but not all bad guys are racist and in a setting that holds so many different creatures, you'd THINK that diversity would be a given. Hell, humans outnumber even the Sith Purebloods in the empire!

And don't even get me started on how stupidly racist they made the empire in general. Yes, they're supposed to be the bad guys but not all bad guys are racist and in a setting that holds so many different creatures, you'd THINK that diversity would be a given. Hell, humans outnumber even the Sith Purebloods in the empire!

Finally someone else who gets it. I've been complaining about not being able to have a single conversation in the Empire without someone pointing out I'm a "freaky" alien since beta. The Republic's not much better: your Jedi Consular has a conversation where he has the option of agreeing that the Republic is racist against aliens. And of course, they never refer to my species by name, cuz that would require additional voice recording. I'm just a generic "alien".

Breaks my immersion every time.

I can name one thing that I genuinly liked about the prequels - The diversity in species, something I STRONGLY feel that bioware should have emulated, not just in SWTOR, but in KOTORII as well.

Seriously, the Star Wars universe has literally thousands of different species but what is the overwhelming majority? Humans. Good, GOD I'm sick of seeing thirty humans for every alien among NPC's. Hell, there wasn't a single non-human on the Jedi council in KOTORII! Am I the only one who finds that incredibly immersion-breaking? I even recall reading in a Star Wars book a long time ago that actually very FEW humans are able to become Jedi, meaning that they aren't particularly force-sensitive compared to other species.

Even if you factor in something silly such as humans breeding like cockroaches, the fact that there are so many different sentient species in the galaxy should'nt just easily counterbalance this, it should outright OVERWHELM the number of humans!

You realize KOTOR II wasnt made by Bioware? well but to the point i though a bit of fresh air without the alieans and all. Its not they arent there wich they are.. wookies jawas sand ppl, ithorians hutts, zabraks etc etc. Also about the sith empire the aliens are mostly slaves, besides the sith and humans( and even humans are second class) so its pretty normal that the empire ppl generaly treaten then without respect. And the sith mingled with humans so tehre is plenty of humans with sith blood.

All im saying all those stuff has reason to be so, you might not like it but they are there. Read a bit on the lore explain alot of stuff.

also a note about humans, on SW universe, im pretty sure you got that backwards they are the most predominant species in the galaxy...

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Humans