The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Space Combat Suggestions - Movement Controls, Weapon Functions, Etc.

Bald_Haliaeetus

Here's a suggestion:

Scrap the whole thing. Go free-flight, with guild-controlled capital ships and semi-explorable space with conquerable objects like stations, etc., along with planetary bombardment that assists with terrestrial RvR objectives.

Yeah, gonna go with that. The current 'minigame' is garbage.

Here's a suggestion:

Scrap the whole thing. Go free-flight, with guild-controlled capital ships and semi-explorable space with conquerable objects like stations, etc., along with planetary bombardment that assists with terrestrial RvR objectives.

Even though I enjoy the current minigame this would be so much more fun.

Here's a suggestion:

Good plan. Why don't you get right on that and let us know when you're done.

Here's a suggestion:

correct me if I'm wrong, isn't that what you get in Allods?

that said, I personally wouldn't want them to scrap current mini game. I enjoy it very much. I wouldn't be doing the RvR guild version. if they could implement both, then why not, but you getting what you want at the cost of me losing what I already have and like... doesn't sit well.

Here's a suggestion:

No need to scrap it altogether... the rail shooter -is- fun. I agree that devotign the entirety of space to a railshooter is a blatant waste of potential... it's like buying an industrial sized warehouse so that you can make a "gaming center" and then placing a chess board in the center of it and and calling it good... That's not to say there's anything wrong with chess, you'd just be wasting the potential that your massive warehouse has to offer.

Anyway, I wouldn't expect to see all that until a later expansion, so for now lets just focus on fixing the starfox sim.

Edited by Bald_Haliaeetus

If they want to keep the rail shooter (I'm hoping that they don't ) they should at least make the following changes that should be relativly easy:

1. Mouse to move: right and left click at the same time moves ship forward. Increase speed: "W" "S" to slow down. Mouse movement as it is now ! Space bar to "roll" (if it actually does any thing!

2. Weapons fire: "Z" for ship blasters "V" for missles or "1" for blasters and "3" for missles.

Over all I am hoping that it will be revamped or expanded at a future time complete with missions. All in good time.

If they want to keep the rail shooter (I'm hoping that they don't ) they should at least make the following changes that should be relativly easy:

1. Mouse to move: right and left click at the same time moves ship forward. Increase speed: "W" "S" to slow down. Mouse movement as it is now ! Space bar to "roll" (if it actually does any thing!

2. Weapons fire: "Z" for ship blasters "V" for missles or "1" for blasters and "3" for missles.

Over all I am hoping that it will be revamped or expanded at a future time complete with missions. All in good time.

I personally wouldn't opt for those controls, but all the more reason to make them customizable.