The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Legacy Name Woes

NO_Walking

Has there been any sort of announcement on if you will be able to change your legacy name in the future? I chose a very stupid legacy name and I want to change it now, as do MANY other people because the tooltip was kinda misleading. Any word on this at all? I hate that all my toons now have to have a lame name cause of a mistake I made within 30 seconds one day lol

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone have an example of why you want to change or what you are changing your name from and to?

If you are that guy that named your toon Tamponchokr (yes .. I've seen it) then no .. you should be stuck with that for the rest of your gaming experience.

If you 'misspelled' a name you've carried throughout your MMO 'career' .. then why didn't you fix it the first minute after you rolled your toon.

Just not sure the reasoning behind wanting to change your names.

:confused:

Anyone have an example of why you want to change or what you are changing your name from and to?

If you are that guy that named your toon Tamponchokr (yes .. I've seen it) then no .. you should be stuck with that for the rest of your gaming experience.

If you 'misspelled' a name you've carried throughout your MMO 'career' .. then why didn't you fix it the first minute after you rolled your toon.

Just not sure the reasoning behind wanting to change your names.

not his character name, his legacy name, which you get at around lvl 30. but i agree with the whole being stuck with stupid names because you were an idiot part.

I'd like the ability to leave mine blank. I have a 1 word name. Just like Chewbacca did. The pop-up is annoying. And someone told that after 30 days of not picking one, I can't close the pop up and must choose.

I guess mine will be "Legacysystemsucks"

I'd like the ability to leave mine blank. I have a 1 word name. Just like Chewbacca did. The pop-up is annoying. And someone told that after 30 days of not picking one, I can't close the pop up and must choose.

I guess mine will be "Legacysystemsucks"

Uhh, why not just hide the name after choosing one?

i would like to think BW has more important things to do then create features in a feeble attempt to fix stupid as history has proven this cant be done.

I am pretty confident that it would not take an army, nor months, to simply allow for a system to change your legacy name -- be it via account services outside the game, or some sort of in-game system.

Heck, they could even make it a little 'quest' (ala EQ2 Faction Betrayal questline).

Stuff like this has been around for YEARS.

I'm not using the last name. I haven't chosen one. Please explain why I should chose one to not use it.

...you do know it's not just a -name- right?

There's gonna be an entire system implemented around it for new character options and skills and stuff... The name is just the first step for it.

Edited by Taelin

...you do know it's not just a -name- right?

There's gonna be an entire system implemented around it for new character options and skills and stuff...

You do know that such a system exists in other games and isn't tied to a last name, but does the same stuff.

Having to choose one, not to use it is pretty dumb.

I bet 50% of people out there at least wish they could change their legacy name. I want a reset...or at least allow new characters the ability to create a new legacy. Is that possible at all? Anyone out there gotten 2 toons past Act 1?

this is prolly true, i would guess theyll get around to it when the launch rush dies down in a month or so

You do know that such a system exists in other games and isn't tied to a last name, but does the same stuff.

Having to choose one, not to use it is pretty dumb.

You do know this isn't other games, right?

If you don't want to use the last name, don't use the last name.

But, you have to choose a name for your Legacy, or you'll never be able to use it, and you'll have a pop-up in your face.

Your choice.

You do know this isn't other games, right?

If you don't want to use the last name, don't use the last name.

But, you have to choose a name for your Legacy, or you'll never be able to use it, and you'll have a pop-up in your face.

Your choice.

So in other words, you have nothing further to contribute and no real reasons.

No, in other words, you have no real reasons.

Choose a Legacy Name, if you don't want to use it as a surname:

Don't.

Choose a name so I don't use it. What a wonderful implementation. It's stupid. and bad design. No reaosn for it at all.

No it's not a dumb name, it's just a name I thought I would like and regretted it right after. I'm on an RP server as well so that doesn't help my situation. I would like a last name that means a little more to me than what I chose that's all.

I really want to know what you picked now...