About Focus tree.

Edmorte

As I have read a lot about this and as I am a Level 28 Focus spec, I feel I can offer a view- that does not mean its correct, its just my view based on my playing style. I really wanted to feel like an iconic Jedi. Although having two sabers sort of threw me at first, if you're a Sent you've already made peace with that and now, I love my two saber look and feel. The focus spec allows me to throw in some fun Force abilities (Stasis and Blase Storm- mainly, occasionally Saber Throw- not called that now), with some Acrobatics (Kick for the interrupt) and Master Strike and Slash can just look cool. So I feel like a Jedi when playing.

Generally speaking, Watchman can solo a whole lot, while a focus spec is less powerful (until about 40 I have read) on tough gold/white elites but great on group and trash mobs. I most definitely found this to be the case. The battles, the tougher ones, are not something I can just jump into- shot rotations need to be clear, depending upon what I am facing. But for your every day leveling, you can cut through most mobs like butter, by the time you get mid teens in terms of your leveling work. And its just flat cool with a focus spec to crit and instant kill or almost instant kill trash or even some silvers, just from your Force Sweep ability.

I think one area all Sents are gimped, that has been documented, is the degree to which we get nailed by CC but our CC doesnt nail bosses. I believe the patches will solve this down the road. Also focus spec is a very different kind of cc, then what Im use to in playing other MMO's and RPGs= which I like.

The morale of the story, only from my playstyle: if you want to solo high level elites and group smash doesnt rock your world, then level with Watchman. If you like flying through trash and even some silvers, are willing to work a lot harder with Golds and White/Golds- then Focus is a lot of fun to play. Wish I was a Focus spec at 40, could give you more, but thats whats it been like for me so far.

I think Focus is THE best spec all around. Especially for PVE and soloing. The raw AE potential it has REALLY helps you while doing missions, and you can gain up to 7% damage absorption through it as well, which leaves you slightly tanky. It's great in Warzones since you can charge up Force Sweep alot, and easily get that 2.5K hit medal right away also.