Stat Gear for Watchman?

FourTwent

Its hard to say until they give us combat log and parsing. I doubt force is better than crit and surge due to the bursty nature of watchmen spec.

The wathcmen spec in pvp is all about disrupting enemies as long as possible and being the anti-healer for your team by pressuring healers with interupts, CC, healing debuff and bursting down the main target with merciless + dispatch combo.

Crit provides higher survivability through dots along with stronger burst on that finisher, it seems the obvious choice.

Lots of these threads popping up these days.

We aren't at the point where accurate theorycrafting is taking place with this game yet so pretty much all of the responses you're going to get are going to be speculation and opinion based.

I don't have an answer for you, but I would just focus on stacking Str>Crit=Power until more factual information becomes available.

Its hard to say until they give us combat log and parsing. I doubt force is better than crit and surge due to the bursty nature of watchmen spec.

The wathcmen spec in pvp is all about disrupting enemies as long as possible and being the anti-healer for your team by pressuring healers with interupts, CC, healing debuff and bursting down the main target with merciless + dispatch combo.

Crit provides higher survivability through dots along with stronger burst on that finisher, it seems the obvious choice.

Sorry, but I don't see Watchman spec as bursty in any regard.

I do agree with your point about crit though. The more DoT ticks that crit, the more healing you will receive as a result of Watchman spec which translates into greater survivability.

Also to that point, by stacking Power, to my knowledge your force abilities will be more potent and for Watchman, this means that your each tick of your DoT-based abilities will hit for more damage.

Draw your own conclusions. Diminishing returns will come into play at some point here, just not sure were at the point where we've determined that threshold.

Edited by Dredknut

power is "attack power" and force power.

it increases melee damage, force damage, and burns/bleeds as well.

I'll be doing some real mathcrafting for people when I hit 50. I'm more casual in actual play, but I love to break down gaming systems behind the scenes. haha.

Basics. Str gives power and crit. Thus it scales with itself. the power component adds into skill damage. the crit multiplies into skill damage/power.

Power gives power. adds into str power, skill damage. multiplies into surge/crit.

Crit gives crit. adds into crit, multiplies in to power and surge.

Surge gives surge. adds into other surge, multiples into crit and power.

Accuracy. no defense players have 5% dodge. no resist. A pvp set tank has about 10% dodge/parry. force moves have 100% hit innately. normal moves 90% mh, 60% oh.

How much is needed in pve? no clue. 115% hit is probably more then enough.

so consider what talents you have. watchman runs around with 15% crit chance on burns, and 30% surge on burns. As well as can have a pretty high uptime on 100% burns with zen. While more crit=more heals, you're inherently high crit rate with str and talented crit, you do probably want more focus on power, and surge. Which will both magnify that high crit rates value.

end for watchman. for a pvp watchman, probably want a pretty high focus on end as well. Thanks to healing based on Max hp %, any hp gain is a compounded survival gain.

Focus.

30% crit damage on force attacks.

15% crit chance on slash, 7% crit chance on force attacks.

The crit chance on slash and force attacks, as well as 100% force sweep crits means surge is very welcome here.

Needs less accuracy due to focus on force attacks.

since majority of damage is force, crit itself is still quite valuable.

I tend to value power less.. but being magnified by talented crit% and damage, I might be wrong in doing so.

Focus is fairly well rounded. Grabbing all stats is a good idea.

combat will want crit most. it has no talented crit% gain on prec strike, or blade rush. While it does have a talented crit damage for them. yes. 100% crit bladestorms. but that is only a portion of your damage. you need to get your ataru procs, and bladerush's to crit more.

Skills here in Tor scale based on %.

Edited by MBirkhofer

Sorry, but I don't see Watchman spec as bursty in any regard.

I do agree with your point about crit though. The more DoT ticks that crit, the more healing you will receive as a result of Watchman spec which translates into greater survivability.

Also to that point, by stacking Power, to my knowledge your force abilities will be more potent and for Watchman, this means that your each tick of your DoT-based abilities will hit for more damage.

Draw your own conclusions. Diminishing returns will come into play at some point here, just not sure were at the point where we've determined that threshold.

Power increases damage to everything, not just force abilities. (Healing as well).