DPS Sorcerer / Sage needs a hard nerf

dexvx

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what a Balance Sage has.

I'll list the skills for you since you are too lazy to do it yourself.

Instant Force Speed - This comes natural

Instant Dispels - This comes natural

Instant Force Stun - This comes natural. 4 seconds.

Instant Force Lift - This comes in the balance tree. 2 points. 8 seconds.

Instant Sever Force Snare - This is the last skill in the Balance tree called Sever Force. 2 Second snare.

Instant Force Slow - This comes natural.

Instant Bubble for you or teammates - This comes natural.

Instant Ranged Interupt - This comes natural.

3 instant DoTs through the use of talents - Weaken Mind and Sever Force are instant. Mind Crush can become instant if telekinetic force makes it proc. This skill is in the balance tree.

Instant channeled damage that slows players by 50%. Spammable. - This skill comeis natural.

Instant Project - This skill comes natural.

And for the rest, it is obvious that it comes natural. I'm sorry you are too ignorant of sages to understand that these are indeed Sage skills.

And for that sir, you fail. And um... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA - or whatever childish thing you want me to put there to get you back for doing it to me.

No one is talking about the basic skills. What everyone is talking about is the ability to have enough points to get the kind of DPS that you're claiming they're capable of. This magical but non-existent ability to burst people in the course of one stun. You're not fooling anyone with your tear filled trolls. Lots of classes have great mobility, cc, and DPS.

All classes have a stun break and everyone has access to cc. It's part of the reason why people are begging for something better than resolve.

Actually, that is 4400 guaranteed plus another 1000 - 1600 depending on crits and procs of Project. That is 5400 - 7000.

And what class 2 globals for 8/9k please? Show me how it is done since I know you are spouting a big pile of ********.

Are you kidding? Mercenaries can cast tracer missile > travel time > heatseeking missile > rail shot. The first 2 spells land in the same second. Tracer missile crits for 2600, Heatseeking missile crits for 3800, Rail Shot crits for 2500. That is 9k damage.

That's just one example. As I have noted many times on these forums, the only way someone can consider sage or sorc damage high is if they just don't understand other classes at all.

the problem is this can be said of any of ranged dps classes... thats issue here...

CC wise every dps class has same number of holds, and stuns available to them, and BH or sniper can actually do more damage then we can outright, the key factor and ony thing we get over other ranged dps classes is force speed... and if force speed is causing melee to lose they are terrible.

Sorry but pretty basic stuff here... game is not based around 1 vs 1...and never will be, and in a group setting any 3-4 ranged dps are working together can chain CC, keep enemy away and kite people with out issues.

REALY issue is resolve not working right, and CC having no DR...people face facts its not sorc/sage it is pvp in general needs work...so stop trying to pin it all on one class. Should i gripe because a sniper 2 shot me? mean hardly fair right? inside of one rotation a good sniper will destroy his enemies... how about a BH? yea can do same basic thing to...

is not one class doing it but many and ya know sad thing? sage/sorc actually has less mitigation then a BH or trooper yet they have all same stuns, CC and escapes we do pretty much...

• 6 months later...