Operative DPS rotation

Deaden

So, is there any insight yet into what our rotation is going to look like? Did a bit of googling but did not really find anything. Anyone out there with experience care to comment? I know I will figure it out long term, but would like to know ASAP so I can start getting the abilities plugged in as soon as I unlock them.

Typical rotation is:

Acid Blade>Hidden Strike>Backstab>Shiv>Laceration>(Open for CC/Poison/Acid Blade)>Repeat at Backstab

^ Pretty much this. You'll have 1 TA left over. If the target is close to dead you can either use Laceration again or Carbine Burst (if you need aoe for some reason). After the killing blow I usually pop Stim Boost and restealth, unless I need to Lacerate another fool.

^ Pretty much this. You'll have 1 TA left over. If the target is close to dead you can either use Laceration again or Carbine Burst (if you need aoe for some reason). After the killing blow I usually pop Stim Boost and restealth, unless I need to Lacerate another fool.

The extra TA I typically use for a Stim, but yeah it can also be used to quick finish if you had some early crits.

Typical rotation is:

Acid Blade>Hidden Strike>Backstab>Shiv>Laceration>(Open for CC/Poison/Acid Blade)>Repeat at Backstab

^ that, for the most part.

Near the end of beta, i was messing around with AB>HS> Corrosive Dart (optional)>Shiv>AB *it should have 1 sec remaining on target>BS>Lac, back to shiv. Stim during the same GCD as CD.

Mobs usually died after the backstab, or the dots with finish it in a second or two. Laceration+repeat goes to the next mob.

Edited by Verg

Why not Acid Blade, Hidden Strike, SHIV, Backstab, Lacerate?...your backstabbing with 1 TA (2% damage bonus) as oppossed to a possible 4% from having 2 TA's up, and are also giving your lacerate a 2% bonus too from your remaining 1 TA. Not only that but your getting your next Shiv off of cooldown 1 GC faster for yet another TA and a Lacerate with bonus damage. Edited by PapaSmur