badjezus

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No it won't.

What he said.

OP.... *shakes head*

You know by the 20th noone will CARE about what happened today?

Well, maybe just the people that get banned for exploiting. So be glad you didn't get in today, you get to keep your game!

From what I've heard, this launch is going fairly smooth...

And I'm not in yet.

Didn't expect to be, having redeemed my key on 4th August...

I really don't get people ************ about the staggered launch - if you were paying ANY attention, you should be expecting this.

Say that were all QQing, but when you make PAYING CUSTOMERS angry (Like many of us are), SOMETHING IS NOT GOING RIGHT FOR YOUR BUSINESS. Why is this so hard to understand. I don't care if I was or was not entitled to 5 days of EA or not. Hundreds of thousands of customers are Pissed Off and this IS BAD FOR EVERYONE, For us and Bioware. This will hurt Bioware in the long run. Many of us will continue to reluctantly wait to play the game, but we won't forget this day and the impression it has given us.... and this launch could end being a costly mistake by Bioware down the road.

you should wear shoes if you are gonna stand on that weathered old soapbox, i don't want you to get splinters.

I preordered on like, the third day, and still got in today- they made it crystal clear when the brought it out, you'd get in based on when you preordered- if you waited too long to preorder... well, you snooze you lose, as the proverb goes.

I would have to wonder why a company would be 'scarred' by doing exactly what they said they would do- staggered release isn't new news, this isn't something that came out of nowhere, we knew this the moment you could pay for the game.

Say that were all QQing, but when you make PAYING CUSTOMERS angry (Like many of us are), SOMETHING IS NOT GOING RIGHT FOR YOUR BUSINESS. Why is this so hard to understand. I don't care if I was or was not entitled to 5 days of EA or not. Hundreds of thousands of customers are Pissed Off and this IS BAD FOR EVERYONE, For us and Bioware. This will hurt Bioware in the long run. Many of us will continue to reluctantly wait to play the game, but we won't forget this day and the impression it has given us.... and this launch could end being a costly mistake by Bioware down the road.

Who are 'many of us' Why do people refer 'us' instead of 'I,me,myself' nowadays? Do you know those people personally? I mean those 'us'? I doubt so.

What are you afraid of? staying behind? Game isnt even launch yet people talk about a bad launch. It isnt a launch, its early access, you need to understand this first!

But if you are after the server first thingie, you are free to moan and I will enjoy this.. I mean seeing you moan over such a little nonsense.

Get over it guys. You try to threaten them by using 'us' term which indicates a certain of people who would cancel their pre-orders and quit the game? yet it's not launched yet?

Funny... really. Try to relax. Go out, have fun with your friends for another 5 days and then come back. SWTOR is here, going nowhere.

Really.. get over it.. And trying to threaten them by using such line like ' this launch could end being a costly mistake by Bioware down the road' is not even a good drama.

Please, get over it..

Edited by Joshbonrise

Why? I payed for a pre-order, $65.09 x2, I didn't get in today either and I'm not upset. I don't hate bioware, and I don't feel entitled to EGA just because I pre-ordered.

I preorder to make sure I have a copy at release, the color stones and other in-game perks are the bonus for pre-order, I don't even remember hearing about EGA until a month or so after I put in my pre order.

The general discussions level of whining is of herculean proportions.

My favorite part is that the whiners keep tossing around the "paying customer" line. Last I checked, all we've done is pre-order. I'm sure there are some cases where people could be considered paying customers, but in most circumstances the pre-orders aren't paid for yet.

Why? I payed for a pre-order, $65.09 x2, I didn't get in today either and I'm not upset. I don't hate bioware, and I don't feel entitled to EGA just because I pre-ordered.

I preorder to make sure I have a copy at release, the color stones and other in-game perks are the bonus for pre-order, I don't even remember hearing about EGA until a month or so after I put in my pre order.

The only in game perk u get is a color stone

The only in game perk u get is a color stone

CE gets pet, mount, vip room etc....yes the stone is my only in game perk, but that was all that was advertised for pre-ordering the SE/CE, I didn't hear anything about EGA until a month or so after I put in my pre-order code.

god im sick and tired of all the winers look the game ant coming out till 20th i think bioware has been very kind by given us a chance at 7 days early start also it free too these 7 days so be bloody greatfull all i hear all over twitter and forums is little 8 yr olds complaining that they did not get email asoon and preorder's start one word "Patience" i pre order on day one and i did not get in but o well its free game time i can wait and saying this will scar bioware give me a break keep that up and bioware going to turn into another Blizzard and WOW and then their would be no good MMO out their:mad: Edited by orberon

CE gets pet, mount, vip room etc....yes the stone is my only in game perk, but that was all that was advertised for pre-ordering the SE/CE, I didn't hear anything about EGA until a month or so after I put in my pre-order code.

Yeah i know i got the DD version free mount woo hoo anyway a mount is cheap to get only 8k creds

My only issue for today was that I couldn't get in because of some technical issues between the game client and my cpu. That being said I was really frustrated untill I talked to tech support. They gave me some hints and ideas of what to do and if that didn't work out I could email my DxDiag and launcher logs to them and they would try to find a solution to the problem. I'm a 8 year vet with SWG and never got that kind of customer service with Sony. I say give Bioware some time and they'll make it right. Even if you have to wait on hold for an hour.

Considering I've heard "Rift launch was smooth as silk with no queues" about 1,000 times today when you can just google and find all sorts of old info that in fact they DID have login queues on Day 1 of early access. My point isn't to bash Rift at all, it's to point out that people will forget about this down the road. Just like they have with other games. It will not scar Bioware.

3 weeks later:

A-Remember swtors release day?

B- No not really. Wanna go do a lv 50 flashpoint?

A- Sure. Let me get a drink first

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.