I fixed Sentinels leveling.

Sagidu

Not to derail or anything...

But am I the only one out there who just doesn't use Doc at all?

Personally, I find that Scourge and Kira provide much more flexibility while solo, whereas Doc is just a, "jump on in and hope you don't die" kind of companion.

Not to derail or anything...

But am I the only one out there who just doesn't use Doc at all?

Personally, I find that Scourge and Kira provide much more flexibility while solo, whereas Doc is just a, "jump on in and hope you don't die" kind of companion.

playing dark side you get a companion that can heal you. I was playing through my immortal jugg toon, and only used him for long drawn out fights where I needed the heals. I'd keep the DPS heavy and keep Jaesa with me for 90% of the content though.

i've been a big fan of kira for the sentinel, but have grown to enjoy t7's tanking ability which keeps me from taking so much damage. . .he dies every fight, but who cares right? :p

I've used doc since I got him, even after being extremely partial to Kira. Dead on right about the least amount of downtime with him.

T7 is also a good choice as well, just instead of healing yourself after fights you'll be healing him instead.

Patch Notes 12/31/2011

- Now you get Doc as your first companion.

Patch Notes 01/01/2012

- On Patch 12/31/2011 Doc became your first companion.

- Now we changed all other companions to just be working horses on the defender, since noone used them for anything beside crew skills.

Well, give us something to heal ourselves, probably at the cost of offensive power, another use for the Zen or so.

Edited by MaceSW

This sentiment really confuses me, and I hear it all the time. If you *must* have a healing companion before Doc, C2 is perfectly adequate (give him all of T7's gear, save for weapon and focus). The only issue is that he can't equip a weapon which hurts his stats.

That being said, this hasn't noticeably affected my progression rate. Whether you a spend a few extra moments in combat because your companion is just a healbot or you spend a few seconds instrospecting afterwards because your companion is a kickin' saber chick, the speed of leveling is basically unchanged. It's all preference.

How do we get Doc?

I played today and he was not on my level 20 sentinel's companion list

There are 50 levels. You get companions as part of class quests that you do as you level. You do the math.

Edited by Wazooty

I like Kira, I just got doc and haven't got him much gear yet, but don't like the playstyle with him boring, I run lower health with kira but I kill sooo much faster.

I've been using kira just to prove it can be done, if nothing else.

Also Doc is a creeper. And the constant hitting on me is annoying.

Using Kira over Doc does lead to more "downtime", as it were, but the fights take a lot longer with Doc, so I don't think it's much slower overall (if at all).

I like Lord Scourge too, but I always lose affection when he's in my party.

With my profs, Kira and Lord Scourge get slight buffs to a couple of them, so I do use Doc some while they're gathering/crafting.

I haven't used the droid since I got Kira, and I haven't used Sgt. Husk yet either.

I've used doc since I got him, even after being extremely partial to Kira. Dead on right about the least amount of downtime with him.

T7 is also a good choice as well, just instead of healing yourself after fights you'll be healing him instead.

what is 'down time' in you opinion though?

if it takes you 30-60 seconds longer to kill a pack of mobs with doc than with kira. . .aren't you causing more 'downtime' than pausing for 5-10 seconds to heal yourself up?

it might 'feel' more fluid with no 'downtime' to have doc heal you. but you're probably spending more time going through a dungeon

what is 'down time' in you opinion though?

if it takes you 30-60 seconds longer to kill a pack of mobs with doc than with kira. . .aren't you causing more 'downtime' than pausing for 5-10 seconds to heal yourself up?

it might 'feel' more fluid with no 'downtime' to have doc heal you. but you're probably spending more time going through a dungeon

If your companion shows an obvious difference in the rate you kill things then you should probably look at yourself because I can obliterate things compared to my companions. Even on my Healing spec Sorc I can still put out WAAAY more damage than my dps companion.

I'm just sayin, I carry the 2 man group of me and my companion. It doesn't matter what companion I use, I am the work horse and a monster in the fight. However I rather easily stay alive then actually have to worry about it.

Vote for Doc 2012.

Doc is awesome until he decides he wants to be a DPS companion (which he does, every now and then) and you're stuck with no heals and a crap dps companion. If this happens when you're taking care of a challenging group of mobs or an elite, this almost certaintly means death if you don't spam all cooldowns + a medpac (and sometimes even if you do).

I use Doc because most of the time he does good, better than the others with much less downtime... most of the time. Before Doc I used T7 and he did a fine job, but he died on atleast most strong/elite mob packs, even though I made an effort to keep his gear in good shape.

Edited by Bigbazz

If your companion shows an obvious difference in the rate you kill things then you should probably look at yourself because I can obliterate things compared to my companions. Even on my Healing spec Sorc I can still put out WAAAY more damage than my dps companion.

I'm just sayin, I carry the 2 man group of me and my companion. It doesn't matter what companion I use, I am the work horse and a monster in the fight. However I rather easily stay alive then actually have to worry about it.

Vote for Doc 2012.

:rolleyes: yeah dude, you're so awesome. Even if you do 5 times Kira's dps, she's still helping you kill things ~16% faster. I'd rather have that and recuperate after every third pull than end every fight at 100% health with Doc which amounts to overhealing while taking longer to kill stuff.

Edited by RawlsRorty

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.