The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Help in PvP, i suck as PT

TristQueloon

So im running this ST/Pyro build http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301hRGrboboZ0MZfhMbdh.1

Im only level 25 at the moment and have all my points in the pyro tree.

Im just not sure whats going on. I seem to do pathetic damage (this may be in my mind as my other main is a smuggler that just destroys people). Also I feel like my level 26 smuggler is alot more durable and dies less.

Basically I use Ion Gas Cylinder for the armor buff. My standard rotation is Incidi missile, explosive dart, rail shot, rocket punch, FB till rail shot proc, repeat

Also im wearing the full lvl 20 PvP set, with up to date mods in the orange slots.

So is it just im still lower level? I just honestly feel like my smuggler can take more of a beating and do about double the damage.

I know alot of people are doing well with this setup, so it must be something "I AM DOING"

any help would be appreciated.

So im running this ST/Pyro build http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301hRGrboboZ0MZfhMbdh.1

Im only level 25 at the moment and have all my points in the pyro tree.

Im just not sure whats going on. I seem to do pathetic damage (this may be in my mind as my other main is a smuggler that just destroys people). Also I feel like my level 26 smuggler is alot more durable and dies less.

Basically I use Ion Gas Cylinder for the armor buff. My standard rotation is Incidi missile, explosive dart, rail shot, rocket punch, FB till rail shot proc, repeat

Also im wearing the full lvl 20 PvP set, with up to date mods in the orange slots.

So is it just im still lower level? I just honestly feel like my smuggler can take more of a beating and do about double the damage.

I know alot of people are doing well with this setup, so it must be something "I AM DOING"

any help would be appreciated.

You're too low to bother using Ion with that spec. ST/Pyro is an awful lot of fun, but it is a late-game build. You would be better off going either straight ST or straight Pyro and using the appropriate cylinder until 48.

Jet Charge, Flame Shield, Superheated Rail, and Prototype Particle Accelerator are why that spec works. They are non negotiable and the spec is really half-assed until then. You can't get all of them until real late game, so unfortunately you're SOL on ST/Pyro for now.

I'd recommend just sticking with Pyrotech. ST can be decent for PvP when not max level, but only after you have Jet Charge and Flame Surge. Pyro is arguably the best PvP damage we get. It is definitely the best burst damage we get.

If you do stick Pyro (probably the best idea for now), definitely pick up Bursting Flames and Sweltering Heat, which aren't a part of the ST/Pyro build but are necessary for Pyro PvP.

Edited by chainsawsamurai

Pyro pvp becomes a lot of fun to play around the time you can start investing in Prototype Particle Accelerator + Superheated Rail. The free resetted rail shots offer strong burst, while alleviating some heat problems. Just try not to stack up too many commands in queue so that you don't waste the free rail shot procs.

Your smuggler dying less can be attributed to their ability to choose engagments. Gunslingers have range on their side, unlike powertechs which operate best at <10 m. Scoundrels have the luxury of choosing when to engage due to stealth.