Take Turns With US on Downtimes would this be better?

rushx

Where are the servers?

Where are the majority of players?

/apply logic

The EU servers? Ireland.

And I would hazard a guess that the majority of users are likely to be in Europe too, if you go by relative population sizes. Europe has a population of 731 million people, the US is only 307 million.

Edited by HELhikari

Where are the servers?

Where are the majority of players?

/apply logic

What evidence do you have that the majority of the players are in the US? If you look at the sub numbers for WOW (shudder) then the EU is almost equal to the US.

The EU servers? Ireland.

And I would hazard a guess that the majority of users are likely to be in Europe too, if you go by relative population sizes. Europe has a population of 731 million people, the US is only 307 million.

I doubt he will understand that,the response you will get is ' but but AMERICA IS BIGGER TAT UMPOSSIBLZ!'.

Can add that the wealth in the EU is spread a bit better than in the US so more potential costumers as well.

I doubt he will understand that,the response you will get is ' but but AMERICA IS BIGGER TAT UMPOSSIBLZ!'.

Can add that the wealth in the EU is spread a bit better than in the US so more potential costumers as well.

I once had a lecturer whose daughter studied in the US for a bit; during a class discussion someone stated that "The US is the world's largest democracy!", she went "Uh, no it's not. That would be India." There was quite a bit of incredulity until she pointed out that India has a population of over ~1 billion people, is a fully functioning democracy, and has been since Britain left in the 1950s.

Edited by HELhikari

id imagine most the players are in europe, but thats not the point

LOL oh that was a good one. See most of the users here won't get that you were being sarcastic. At least, oh god I hope you were being sarcastic. If not did I mis click and got to the forums for crazy land again?

LOL oh that was a good one. See most of the users here won't get that you were being sarcastic. At least, oh god I hope you were being sarcastic. If not did I mis click and got to the forums for crazy land again?

If you get the stats on WOW you will find that the numbers of US and EU players is fairly equal.

Thus, the statement is a little bit wrong, but hardly crazy.

Would you be less annoyed if took turns on downtime?

IE NA gets downtime through the night 1 week and then EU the next

Rinse and repeat?

This should not be the best permanent solution, but at least we would not feel like second rate customers.

You do realise that if they alternate the time periods to morning GMT to morning PST that this affects the EU FAR FAR WORSE than the current set up?

9am PST is 5pm GMT - thus an 8 hour maintenance would affect EVERY SINGLE PERSON who plays in the evenings in europe.