Eternity Vault

Cleared it tonight, my god...did anyone beta test this horrible raid? Recap of issues:

1. Master loot makes all gear un-lootable.

2. After a wipe on Gharj, raid members were randomly dropping dead. One raid member died standing in Carrick Station performing a respec.

3. During the Duel of the Fates, despite offering no outside assistance, certain boss mobs would randomly become invulnerable to damage requiring a reset of the entire raid to fix.

4. After the beginning turrets were defeated the first boss failed to spawn requiring an instance reset.

5. The chest after the two "puzzle" towers was un-lootable. (possibly due to master looter bug)

6. The floor underneath the Infernal One failed to respawn after a wipe requiring, you guessed it, another instance reset.

7. The infernal one randomly despawned during one attempt at the lowest level of the tower, required instance reset.

8. After defeating the Infernal One all raid members were stuck in combat, attempts to slip away and the like were only met with a immediate reintroduction to combat state which meant anyone who was dead was unable to be resurrected.

9. Quests for defeating certain bosses do not update if you are dead when the boss dies.

10. A raid member was in a mind trap when the Infernal One was defeated, when released from the mind trap they were unable to move/see any of the raid members. They were also ineligible for any loot drops (sad because the smuggler chest was for them).

11. Its probably not a bug, but the preassigned loot system is ridiculous, please allow alternative...or you know, FIX MASTER LOOT.

12. Crafting schematic drops allow the crafter to create items that are...BIND ON PICKUP? Way to ruin crafting.

I'm sure I am missing some, but wow....what a festival of bugs and resets that nightmare was. I can only assume it was beta tested by people who have no idea what an MMO raid should be like.

I hate to say it, as a raider myself and someone who loves the game. The game was not made for Raiding / PVP / or any standard MMO principles. This is a themepark MMO, for the more casual crowd. The selling point is the Story and the questing. Which is top notch and the best in the business. everything else.... lol

All in all, everything can be fixed in one patch. But will it?

Edited by FuzzyMuffins

My guild has been running into the exact same issues. This raid is horribly broken. You forgot the best one though:

Tank getting mind-trapped despite having metric frak-tons of aggro and being right in front of Soa.

The thing is, these encounters aren't particularly difficult. In fact, I'd say the normal mode is just right for pugging or undergeared raids, with the exception of RNG badness on Soa (In an 8 man if you get a DPS thrown and another DPS mind-trapped, you could very well fall permanently behind.).

But there are so many various bugs that waste time, prevent looting, and so on. I have a hard time justifying asking my guildies to spend time on broken content. We certainly aren't going to waste time on Hard mode until the bugs get fixed.

And since Bioware's customer service infrastructure is impotent, there is no getting loot restored or any of the other solutions that Blizzard, and Sony before them were quick to implement when we ran into raid bugs.

Edited by Ascendant

My guild has been running into the exact same issues. This raid is horribly broken. You forgot the best one though:

Tank getting mind-trapped despite having metric frak-tons of aggro and being right in front of Soa.

The thing is, these encounters aren't particularly difficult. In fact, I'd say the normal mode is just right for pugging or undergeared raids, with the exception of RNG badness on Soa (In an 8 man if you get a DPS thrown and another DPS mind-trapped, you could very well fall permanently behind.).

But there are so many various bugs that waste time, prevent looting, and so on. I have a hard time justifying asking my guildies to spend time on broken content. We certainly aren't going to waste time on Hard mode until the bugs get fixed.

And since Bioware's customer service infrastructure is impotent, there is no getting loot restored or any of the other solutions that Blizzard, and Sony before them were quick to implement when we ran into raid bugs.

As much as I agree with you on these issues, and have experienced much the same, we are the minority right now, and there are just issues that affect way more people that take priority.

I am sure they are aware of the problems, and that they will fix them soon.

Yeah, the game is unfinished ATM. I would have preferred they had just beta tested the endgame and released the finished product in February. But that would have meant less $$$$$$$$$$$$$ for EA. The upcoming reviews will reflect the lack of endgame polish and host of bugs, I can guarantee you that. Battlefield 3 would have been well above 9.0 metacritic rating if EA had only given DICE another three months to iron out all the bugs. Edited by Lord_Itharius

I hate to say it, as a raider myself and someone who loves the game. The game was not made for Raiding / PVP / or any standard MMO principles. This is a themepark MMO, for the more casual crowd. The selling point is the Story and the questing. Which is top notch and the best in the business. everything else.... lol

All in all, everything can be fixed in one patch. But will it?

This being a themepark MMO has nothing to do with the raid encounters being bugged. WoW is a themepark MMO, what is your point? It is very frustrating to encounter these things. We've cleared all normal mode content, but it was a p.i.t.a. to get it done. My favorite is not being able to invite "insert random guild member" to the raid because either they don't get the invite or when they do, they are unable to zone in. This has happened countless times and we have to go down the list until we find people that can actually zone into the raid without getting the "The owner of this instance must reset...blah blah blah."

Edited by Rathnell

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.