PvP Gear Progression....

Noctournys

I'm a bit confused looking at the PvP gear vendors for how progression is supposed to work...

One vendor has level 40 PvP blues.

The next vendor has Level 50 purps .. rating 126 (Centurion), The next guy has Rating 136 (Champion), and the last guy has Battlemaster gear (Rating 140).

Where is the level 50 blue armor (is there any?)

The Centurion armor and above require tokens - (not Warzone or Merc Commendations, though sometimes these AND the tokens) - where do these tokens come from?

The PvP gear path is stupidly confusing...

I am trying to find a vendor that will trade warzones for mercs too. I only see vendors in battlegrounds, seems strange to pick something in 30sec before the game starts. I am a little confused as well about the currency on pvp vendors.

I am trying to find a vendor that will trade warzones for mercs too. I only see vendors in battlegrounds, seems strange to pick something in 30sec before the game starts. I am a little confused as well about the currency on pvp vendors.

There is a vendor near the armor vendors, standing in the hallway, that trades merc for warzone and vice versa. Found that guy. But the rest of it is just.. really confusing...

and lets hear it for Bioware making PvP gear for certain specs only. I dont really care about power.. why is it slathered all over the Agent gear? Or at the very least, why isn't there another set that has a different stat?

There is a vendor near the armor vendors, standing in the hallway, that trades merc for warzone and vice versa. Found that guy. But the rest of it is just.. really confusing...

and lets hear it for Bioware making PvP gear for certain specs only. I dont really care about power.. why is it slathered all over the Agent gear? Or at the very least, why isn't there another set that has a different stat?

Actually the primary stats for all dps classes are crit/surge/power, while healing favors alacrity instead of surge. Also there are different sets, and you can change out mods and what not to tweak the gear into what you'd like. The only problem with pvp gear is that you have to rely on RNG to attain it, which can be very fast or horrendously slow.

I'm a bit confused looking at the PvP gear vendors for how progression is supposed to work...

The next vendor has Level 50 purps .. rating 126 (Centurion), The next guy has Rating 136 (Champion), and the last guy has Battlemaster gear (Rating 140).

The Centurion armor and above require tokens - (not Warzone or Merc Commendations, though sometimes these AND the tokens) - where do these tokens come from?

I feel the same way its not a matter of learning what they have set up, its a matter of how confusing and all over the place their terms are.

Hoping for changes i love pvp and progression with armor weapons etc from only pvp that look awesome.

I just answered to another thread about the same thing so here's my post

The pvp loot system is really confusing but I'll try to explain it.

Lets start with the different tiers of gear going from worst to best:

- There's blue rarity gear sold for warzone commendations in Dromund Kaas and Coruscant near the class trainers

- There's centurion gear sold at the fleet

- champion gear also sold at fleet

- and the best tier battlemaster gear also sold at the fleet

Only the blue rarity gear can be bought straight with warzone commendations and for the others you need to either buy Champion Loot Bags from the PvP vendors or get them and Battlemaster Loot Bags from warzone and ilum dailies and weeklies.

Champion loot bags cost 200 warzone and 200 mercenary commendations and contain either 3 centurion commendations or 1 centurion commendation and one champion equipment token which can be switched for equipment at champion gear vendor. I don't have an idea about the drop% for equipment tokens but I myself have looted 18 bags and only gotten one token so thats about 5% for me which is horrible.

Battlemaster loot bags can only be opened after Valor rank 60 and contain 3(?) champion commendations or 1(?) champion commendation and a battlemaster equipment token. I haven't opened any of these yet so I'm not entirely sure about the amounts but you get the idea.

There's a lot wrong with the system and you can't even see the set bonuses for the gear before buying a piece and because of this new players might end up buying the wrong piece for their class or spec. Also the randomness of the bags is plain wrong and is in no way good design no matter how someone says it's fair in an overall faction perspective. (Yes I've seen this argument.) With the farm I've done (note that its my experience, others might be luckier) it would've better for my gearing if one piece would cost 1000 warzone and 1000 mercenary commendations. That way I'd have more pieces than I have currently.

In average you need to open about 10 champion loot bags to be able to buy a centurion piece with commendations and if you get lucky you get a token for a champion piece. It's not rewarding for a player and not balanced in any way as some people already have a full set of pvp gear and are rolling over warzones with their amounts of expertise.

I really hope that they will change the system but while it exists I hope my post helps people to understand the way it works.

I feel the same way its not a matter of learning what they have set up, its a matter of how confusing and all over the place their terms are.

Hoping for changes i love pvp and progression with armor weapons etc from only pvp that look awesome.

The trade ratio is 3:1. 30 of one for 10 of the other.