The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

My Dream: Choices that aren't between Good and *******

Conundrum-NSA

It seems that "pragmatic" always means "evil." Give medical supplies to the soldiers who own them instead of refuges who aren't fighting a war? You evil bastard.

Actually it wasn't as simple as that, you seem to have forgotten the crying child saying he was in pain... :rolleyes:

On the Sith Inquisitor starting planet, quite a few of the choices seemed to be (1) Be a jerk. (2) Meh. (3) Group Hug. Next planet, there was even: Kill them all (light points), or leave them be (to slowly die) (dark points). I guess that's not far from being a Jedi and killing everything that moves for XP and credits. :)

Lately on SI I'm getting a little annoyed that it's trending towards killing someone in every quest. I suppose the game *is* "TEEN", and with hack/slash/slaughter the norm for both Jedi and Sith, and all classes, the lines they'll draw for "good" and "evil" will be blurry and curvy.

Pretty much. Although I argue against Witcher as every choice is basically: "This will screw you over now" or "This will screw you over later" ... or both!

But isn't that kinda the point there? I mean, I at least got the line "I am sick and tired of always having to choose the lesser evil", so I think that just follows Geralts mindset, he always has to choose between two bad things.

I would like to see more options in SWtOR. Or at least options that made sense. And while I have played mostle empire and most of the idiotic choices come from that side, there is one early in the republic side (Trooper/Smuggler) that has me perplexed still. This is still on Ord Mantell, but I'll put it in spoilers:

Some medicine has gone missing from the Republic, and you find out that a bunch of refuges has stolen it, just to have it stolen from them by a bunch of rebels. So you kill the rebels and get the medicine. Now comes the choice. Do you give it to the refuges? Light side. Give it to the Republic? Dark side. So, you withold medicine from your trooper friends, allowing them to die in pain, and that is a Light side choice? Really? I think this should have been a neutral one, you are basicly just choosing who's life is more valuable.

My biggest complaint on these choices though are that the Dark Side are so irational. We are just being evil for the sake of being evil. And this is not really how evil works. There have never been a single person alive that thought that he himself was evil. Never. No one has thought that about themselves. The reason for this is simple, we dont do things we think are wrong. For us, our actions are always justifiable. There is always a reason behind it, even if other people cant see it and call us evil for it. And that's what's missing in this game, and in most games to be honest. A justifiable reason for being Evil.