Why was Hammer Station change a priority?

Saeten

On 9/22/2024 at 2:03 AM, cannibithobbal said:

I also prefer Hammer Station now that you have to kill the turrets.  I never minded skipping before if everyone wanted to, but you never knew what people were going to do, and sometimes there would be the awkward pause and literally having to ask in chat if we were gonna skip or kill them, whereas now everyone just kills them immediately and usually very quickly.  And before if people just bolted and you were low level and died because you couldn't get across the bridge (or some other poor soul had that happen) you were screwed and had to literally hope people come back to kill the turrets so you could finish the FP.

It is better now imo.  As is Athiss.  That platforming skip was so annoying and usually I couldn't get it, I'm glad no one expects me to do it anymore and you get more xp from killing the mobs anyway lol

I'm glad its better for you, but its not for the rest of us.

The Athiss change was definitely for the best. The jump was difficult for new players and it was easy to get stuck, and if it happened a 2nd time, you would have to wait out the /stuck timer, and at that point it would have just been quicker to fight. It definitely led to a lot of toxic situations.

I never saw the turret strat lead to any toxicity, but I have seen it confuse some new players who had no idea what was going on. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, DarthNillard said:

I'm glad its better for you, but its not for the rest of us.

Literally the only time this is objectively worse is if you used to stealth through the entire thing before and skipped the turrets via stealth, and now that's no longer possible.  For groups in group finder and for everyone else without stealth, this is better for a lot of people, and basically neutral for everyone else.  Most people killed them before anyway, and the people that didn't only have to kill 2 extra enemies.  With a group of four it takes less than a minute usually.  IMO it is a way bigger benefit to the people it helps (aka the people who would get left behind because of their team rushing or because they didn't know about the skip and died to the turrets) than it is a burden to the people who used to skip them.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1