The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

More 'Reforged' Sets, Instead of Focusing Entirely on Current Star Wars Shows

Using the Reforged Mandalorian Hunter armor as an example, I think players would appreciate an effort that offers 'reforged' versions of other gear from the original 8 base classes in the game. 

CM armor updates have almost entirely been new designs from the most current television series for some time now. This approach, while producing armors that might appeal to enthusiasm for a given series, in some ways ignores SWTOR, its lore, and the established universe player characters inhabit. 

There are certainly iconic looks from the base game, or from 2.0 and 3.0, for all 8 classes that can be 'reforged,' as the Mandalorian/Bounty Hunter class armor was in 2022. 

Though I've considered suggesting this before, it came to mind again this week with the release of the Imperial Commando armor set, which was drawn from the base game. It was refreshing to see a new option offered to players that was taken from SWTOR's own timeline. 

• Like 4

The Old Republic Era should get more love in Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Some of the elements of the new armours based off of the shows are nice, but mostly just faddish.  I agree with OP, reforging old sets or using older aesthetics would be most welcome, especially to those who have been around since launch and haven't gotten much new armour love lately.

• Like 1

I definitely agree with all of this- why did it take this long for us to get an Imperial Commando armour set...?! I'm firmly against any Disney things being shoved into the game, as Vendettus said, as more of fad items rather than things actually related to the game. The new Imperial Commando armour set is pretty much the most recent new Cartel Market item we've gotten since the Darth Nul Lightsabre and Duelsabre (from what I can remember) that hasn't been based off Disney's rubbish creations. Can we please get more Cartel Market items actually inspired by the game, rather than continously getting endless Disney marketing...?

I honestly have wanted and petitioned for a Reforged havoc squad set. 

Honestly there is still sets they can do, What about a Reforged Darth Revan Armor with a cape? 

Honestly though I just wish we could get original CM content again, tired of getting these essentially carbon copies of stuff from the TV shows. It was okay for a little bit but they just have dragged it on for so long.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SentinalMasterWW said:

I honestly have wanted and petitioned for a Reforged havoc squad set. 

Honestly there is still sets they can do, What about a Reforged Darth Revan Armor with a cape? 

Honestly though I just wish we could get original CM content again, tired of getting these essentially carbon copies of stuff from the TV shows. It was okay for a little bit but they just have dragged it on for so long.

Yes it was annoying they released the Havoc set with no emblem. Puzzling choice since other armor sets have Rep or Imp emblems on them.

Doubt many people use the Havoc set on Imp characters anyway, omitting the Havoc or Republic emblem was an annoyingly strange choice IMO.

• Like 1

I'd love a Republic Trooper Set like the one the troopers wore in the "Return" trailer with the Republic emblem.

From what I can tell it's the same armor as the Havoc squad armor just with different emblems. They could reforge that Havoc Squad set and give us two chest pieces like they've done with some of the newer sets for options. Or just release two different sets, one with Havoc, another with standard Republic Emblem for non-Havoc squad trooper characters.

• Like 1

On 9/4/2024 at 5:08 AM, Abmong said:

Doubt many people use the Havoc set on Imp characters anyway, omitting the Havoc or Republic emblem was an annoyingly strange choice IMO.

While I agree that a new Havoc Squad set would be nice (plenty of helmet and chest options to make it pricey if they wanted) I disagree with this part. I've seen plenty of Havoc Squad sets used on Imp characters with black or dark gray dyes (or at least pieces)... 😉

• Like 1

Well, adding new items inspired by the shows and movies isn't really my issue. I welcome them wholeheartedly. I gladly use the gloves that come with Defiant Maverick armor. However, I would like to see devs go back to older assets and potentially reimagine/modernize them to be up to standard with new items. I have already made a post regarding this. Some old armors have broken vertexes and outdated models and texture is lacking in quality due to game's progression in development since its launch. For example, Relaxed Jumpsuits and Unfettered Trench Coat, etc. - These are some of the most versatile and most popular assets in the game and I would really like devs to do a proper rework on those. Maybe not to make an exact copy, but to keep main aspects of those designs in mind and give them fresh new textures that'll make it a bit different from the just "reforged" assets. Remember the trench coat and techy design on it? It can be simplified and just have proper leather texture for the coat and some new textile for the cloth that goes with female characters. Honestly, game is kinda lacking in the casual/simple department with new items they keep giving us. There are also some assets on NPC's that we don't have access to, one of them being over the knee deep boots which have been requested by other folks in the past. The closest thing to that piece are the ones from the Satele Shan's armor set. Let's be honest, most of us love to combine pieces to make our own unique outfits. :)

• Like 1