The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Space missions

This has probably been brought up before, but why were the PVE space missions abandoned? Like you can still do them but I don't think they've added any new missions or anything since I started playing on and off back in 2012. Anyone know why they seem to have abandoned that idea?

Edited by Hoodedcanine

Because it is something that was always a placeholder until Galactic Starfighter was to be announced.

It is still a great way to make some extra credits and once your ship is upgraded, you an sell the high level parts for easy 15-20 mil. 

It is fun for what it is, but I do it maybe once a week now.

I would rather that they replace them with new missions using the GSF engine. Free flying single player story missions could be a lot of fun. They could also do co-op missions with story, something like flashpoints but in space. Aside from lack of resources, they probably figure other games focused on that are a lot better, so it's not worth the effort.

Edited by ThanderSnB

On 8/24/2024 at 4:08 PM, ThanderSnB said:

I would rather that they replace them with new missions using the GSF engine. Free flying single player story missions could be a lot of fun. They could also do co-op missions with story, something like flashpoints but in space. Aside from lack of resources, they probably figure other games focused on that are a lot better, so it's not worth the effort.

This would be a great idea.

They could even do timed "training courses" similar to (WAY WAY back in the day) the original Star Wars Space games, X-Wing and TIE Fighter as part of this...for flight training.

But please, please, build in flight stick support.   My Saitek X-52 is literally gathering dust from the lack of Star Wars space games

• Like 1