Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Can't login to Star Forge server

Hi. Ever since Friday morning, June 14th, i have been unable to login to my main server Star Forge. I am able to connect to other servers fine, but whenever i try to join Star Forge the game freezes for a bit before giving me the msg that i can't connect to it. I have tried updating my drivers and restarting my computer a few different times. No luck. It was working fine last night and every day before, but suddenly its no longer functioning 

I reset my router, restarted my PC a few times, made sure all my drivers were updated, uninstalled and did a fresh install, tried both Steam and the independent launcher, tried reducing all my graphic settings and framerate options, and still I can't login to Star Forge. I've done everything the help line suggested and everything I can think of to no success. And again it's only Star Forge

Try a VPN if you can, if it works then its a net routing issue and will eventually resolve on its own 

If possible you can ask your ISP for a different IP address in a different class/range as that may help if it is a routing issue

3 hours ago, OwenBrooks said:

Try a VPN if you can, if it works then its a net routing issue and will eventually resolve on its own 

If possible you can ask your ISP for a different IP address in a different class/range as that may help if it is a routing issue

Ok yeah a VPN worked. So that would just resolve itself on its own then yeah? I can just wait it out. Sorry never had this kinda issue before so just making sure before doing anything

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OptimusprimeTwen said:

Ok yeah a VPN worked. So that would just resolve itself on its own then yeah? I can just wait it out. Sorry never had this kinda issue before so just making sure before doing anything

Yes if a VPN work its a routing issue , should self resolve eventually 

7 hours ago, OptimusprimeTwen said:

Still unfixed much to my annoyance 

ask your isp to issue a ip address in a different range , can try to leave the modem off for 15 minutes it may grab a different ip at that point, but you would need to check what is being assigned

• 2 weeks later...

Same here. I was doing a DF SM this morning and was experiencing bad lag. I got to the last boss and when I went to use the portal to go onto DP SM, the portal wasn't doing anything. I then DC'd and tried to log back in but the loading screen just kept going till I go the connection lost message. I tried logging back in 5 times to no avail.

Just now, dunkythecat said:

X (Twitter) update:
https://x.com/SWTOR/status/1805922224685072618

We are aware that players are unable to access Star Forge and are currently investigating. All other servers are avaliable. When we have more info, we will update this thread

Good. :ph_love_this: Very glad they're on top of it so quick. It's definitely just SF server. Just tried all the others and they are fine :D 

:ph_thank_you:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, melindahatt said:

I reckon it's because they are messing with stuff for the 7.5 release

Yeah the 7.5b for the adjustments for bessie but we still get that update tomorrow and it's only 1 server. My guess is they tinker with SF a little bit before they apply things sometimes on the backend early. But just a guess.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.