B3-S1 Bessi and RNG of training modules

On 7/16/2024 at 8:22 PM, DarthBryn said:

I have 2 weeks of just waiting for the Systems Data weekly caps to reset, I used too many to get past the RNG mission stage

So done for this week after the opening of some 16 i think collected research. Now another 7 days until i can open another 16 ish so i can get to repair level 11. Plesse have a think about the weekly caps and how you want to limit play time, its already on a max of 20 hours via memory chips so why then cap all the other currency associated with this venture, it is leaving players with a week or 2 of doing no quests/ point to work on getting the comp.

1 hour ago, RyvickTheFirst said:

Minor correction on the final 3 researches for the Bessi "Skin":

The final 3 researches are 200/300 each which means the final total is 200/200/200/900 AkA 3 weeks not 2 weeks for the "skin".

The storage numbers are 200/600 so shouldn't that mean that once a player is going for the customization they have two weeks of currencies to acquire and spend?

I will hit lvl 11 today with a small balance of currencies left in storage (doesn't matter). Next week (week #1), I'll have 100+/300+ but not able to turn in. The following week, I'll have the remaining balance acquired (now at 200 for ea plus 600 prototype) and turn in for customization. Today is 07/23 and I should be done with customization on 08/06 - 2 weeks.

Am I missing something?

20 minutes ago, HypSpec said:

The storage numbers are 200/600 so shouldn't that mean that once a player is going for the customization they have two weeks of currencies to acquire and spend?

I will hit lvl 11 today with a small balance of currencies left in storage (doesn't matter). Next week (week #1), I'll have 100+/300+ but not able to turn in. The following week, I'll have the remaining balance acquired (now at 200 for ea plus 600 prototype) and turn in for customization. Today is 07/23 and I should be done with customization on 08/06 - 2 weeks.

Am I missing something?

Yes, you are missing that each research on the terminal takes 200 role /300 non-role, it would take two weeks to get the 200 role tokens because the weekly cap on those is 100 however the weekly cap on the Non-role tokens is 300 so it takes one full week for each research getting just the non-role tokens. In other words you spend nothing on week 1, buy 2 researches on week 2, and buy the last single research week 3.

Edited by RyvickTheFirst

While I wouldn't mind having a higher cap, it's not like you can't take 1 day a week to do Ventures, and spend the rest of the week playing the game however you want. Whether that is achievement hunting, PvP, GSF, FP or Raiding.

Less if your stockpiling the Heroic Research rewards.

• Like 1

Minor correction on the final 3 researches for the Bessi "Skin":

The final 3 researches are 200/300 each which means the final total is 200/200/200/900 AkA 3 weeks not 2 weeks for the "skin".

This.  I just cashed everything and finished level 11, so now I have BESSI as a companion.  Is there any actual benefit to doing the additional "More Research" quests outside of achievements?  Does it make her actually better at anything?

As person above said who I quoted, its going to take an additional 2 weeks to finish this upgrade.  I'm left with 50/50/50/150 after the cash in, but none of that helps me since the final missions are 200/300 each.  But I digress.  That said, I don't know how hard this is for Biosword to understand, but they've got it wrong for going on 12 years now:

ALL DAILIES SHOULD BE COMPLETABLE IN ONE DAY - aka no daily section should take more than 1 day to complete (cough cough IOKATH cough cough)

ALL WEEKLIES SHOULD BE COMPLETABLE IN ONE WEEK - aka there should be no missions/upgrades for any weekly that takes more than 1 week to complete

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Toraak said:

While I wouldn't mind having a higher cap, it's not like you can't take 1 day a week to do Ventures, and spend the rest of the week playing the game however you want. Whether that is achievement hunting, PvP, GSF, FP or Raiding.

Less if your stockpiling the Heroic Research rewards.

I have a big problem with it when the cap is an artificial thing implemented for the sole purpose of making this take a long time because instead of giving us more new content, they are giving minimal content and gatekeeping it.  To add insult to injury, its a system that also requires us to do the OLDEST of the old end game content for the millionth time.....

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, DarthNillard said:

I have a big problem with it when the cap is an artificial thing implemented for the sole purpose of making this take a long time because instead of giving us more new content, they are giving minimal content and gatekeeping it.  To add insult to injury, its a system that also requires us to do the OLDEST of the old end game content for the millionth time.....

That's more of we NEED actual NEW content issue. I agree with that, but as for this taking a week or 2 longer, not really that big a deal. It's not like it takes all week to cap.

Edit: Now if they extended the last level or 2 by 2 months +, I'd have an issue with that, but 2 weeks really isn't much.

Edited by Toraak

Yes, you are missing that each research on the terminal takes 200 role /300 non-role, it would take two weeks to get the 200 role tokens because the weekly cap on those is 100 however the weekly cap on the Non-role tokens is 300 so it takes one full week for each research getting just the non-role tokens. In other words you spend nothing on week 1, buy 2 researches on week 2, and buy the last single research week 3.

OK, still do not see it. Let's talk dates. Today is 07/23 and I have her as a full-time comp now. This week I will do missions to restock collected research and cash 100ea/300 on 07/30 hitting the cap (but not able to turn in at the 100+ea/300+ I will have at that point). That week I will do more missions as needed to have enough collected research to cash in another 100ea/300 (actually less than that to hit storage caps of 200ea/600 with the extras I have). That means on 08/06 reset I turn in for customization. That is two weeks from today.

Also, for those wondering, this is only for the customization and will not upgrade her functionally. 

Ok, I think I see the issue now, duh. The requirement for each on prototype is 300, not 200 (I think this is the first level where the amount differs between one component and the prototype number required?)

@JackieKo - is this as intended? 300 prototype X 3 = 900 with a storage max of 600. That means we have to take an extra week to get to 200ea (combat, defense, support) to turn in, but will have to wait a third week for enough prototypes? Why would this be by design unless the team was intentional about adding yet another week of time-gating where we keep doing missions for a third week just for the protype part of the collected research?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, HypSpec said:

Ok, I think I see the issue now, duh. The requirement for each on prototype is 300, not 200 (I think this is the first level where the amount differs between one component and the prototype number required?)

@JackieKo - is this as intended? 300 prototype X 3 = 900 with a storage max of 600. That means we have to take an extra week to get to 200ea (combat, defense, support) to turn in, but will have to wait a third week for enough prototypes? Why would this be by design unless the team was intentional about adding yet another week of time-gating where we keep doing missions for a third week just for the protype part of the collected research?

Yep, just hit that too. After 10/11 the currencies are 300 proto and 200 systems for each of 3. So, minimum of 3 more weeks or 4 since the caps and prior RNG and buying 1 module with Proto causes you to delay even further.

This is beyond maddening and just hurtful. :(

Yes, I can have Bessi on all my alts now, but what's the point if not level 50 (should be once the initial is trained).

They need to relax this and cut it back at the end. Why make it a painful grind for currency at the end :(  Just let us have a higher currency cap please.
@JackieKo @EricMusco @KeithKanneg

image.png

image.png

image.png

ALERT! ALERT!

Sorry to rain on everyone's parade but I have even worse news for everyone going for Bessi's Skin for researching the last 3 researches. It may be entirely possible to get to a state where a player CANNOT open boxes for tokens if they reach 200/200/200/X (where X is less than 300 tokens) I had previously completely forgotten about the fact we NO LONGER have a way to spend any of the tokens. If we cannot spend tokens when we get to cap then we cannot open token boxes for new tokens we may be short on, and the only way to get Non-Role tokens is through opening the Role token boxes.

This is a MAJOR PROBLEM considering if you cannot open Token Boxes at Max Role tokens there will be a point where players may not be able to progress due to being short Non-Role tokens and further will be unable to gain Non-Role tokens.

This needs to be addressed ASAP by the DEVs by putting 3 purchasable items on the droid in Lanes room that takes ROLE TOKENS (1 Role token each for each item would be fine to get below the MAX Role Token Cap)(This droid used to have items to purchase for tokens but when Bessi becomes a permanent companion costs change to Credits and NO Token options available.)

Edited by RyvickTheFirst

8 hours ago, RyvickTheFirst said:

ALERT! ALERT!

Sorry to rain on everyone's parade but I have even worse news for everyone going for Bessi's Skin for researching the last 3 researches. It may be entirely possible to get to a state where a player CANNOT open boxes for tokens if they reach 200/200/200/X (where X is less than 300 tokens) I had previously completely forgotten about the fact we NO LONGER have a way to spend any of the tokens. If we cannot spend tokens when we get to cap then we cannot open token boxes for new tokens we may be short on, and the only way to get Non-Role tokens is through opening the Role token boxes.

This is a MAJOR PROBLEM considering if you cannot open Token Boxes at Max Role tokens there will be a point where players may not be able to progress due to being short Non-Role tokens and further will be unable to gain Non-Role tokens.

This needs to be addressed ASAP by the DEVs by putting 3 purchasable items on the droid in Lanes room that takes ROLE TOKENS (1 Role token each for each item would be fine to get below the MAX Role Token Cap)(This droid used to have items to purchase for tokens but when Bessi becomes a permanent companion costs change to Credits and NO Token options available.)

Couldn't you in theory spend role tokens on missions? Some of them at least at earlier levels you can spend Defense, Support, and Combat tokens to buy a random mission of that type.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Toraak said:

Couldn't you in theory spend role tokens on missions? Some of them at least at earlier levels you can spend Defense, Support, and Combat tokens to buy a random mission of that type.

I believe his point is that once you start level 11 you cannot buy training manuals with tokens any more as the vendor starts charging credits for them instead. 30k for specific and 5k for random. Though I had thought that if a reward box was going to reward prototype data and you weren't at your limit for prototype data you could still open it. At least that's how I took the dev post about the change, I may be mistaken as I can't check until next week now. 

Edit: It wasn't a Dev post, it was the patch note. This one

• The Collected Research Item for the Basilisk Prototype Venture can no longer be used if all granted currencies are capped.
Edited by khamseen_air

11 hours ago, khamseen_air said:

I believe his point is that once you start level 11 you cannot buy training manuals with tokens any more as the vendor starts charging credits for them instead. 30k for specific and 5k for random. Though I had thought that if a reward box was going to reward prototype data and you weren't at your limit for prototype data you could still open it. At least that's how I took the dev post about the change, I may be mistaken as I can't check until next week now. 

Edit: It wasn't a Dev post, it was the patch note. This one

• The Collected Research Item for the Basilisk Prototype Venture can no longer be used if all granted currencies are capped.

This is true.  As long as you are under the cap, you can open the items to get you to the cap.  Meaning if you are at 98/100 for weekly against the cap for Defensive ones lets say, it will let you cash in one to get you to 100/100.  You lose the extra amount because you can't go over the cap; but the items only gray out and cannot be cashed when you are AT the cap each week.

On 7/25/2024 at 9:31 AM, DarthNillard said:

This is true.  As long as you are under the cap, you can open the items to get you to the cap.  Meaning if you are at 98/100 for weekly against the cap for Defensive ones lets say, it will let you cash in one to get you to 100/100.  You lose the extra amount because you can't go over the cap; but the items only gray out and cannot be cashed when you are AT the cap each week.

So if the issue is your capped for support, defense, and combat currencies, and you still need the prototype, couldn't you then buy missions for credits that have heroics (Like CZ, Mek-sha, Ossus, etc) for credits and open the bonus boxes? those aren't specific to any of those 3 types your capped at, so you should be able to open those as long as your not at the prototype cap for the week.

On 7/27/2024 at 7:29 AM, Toraak said:

So if the issue is your capped for support, defense, and combat currencies, and you still need the prototype, couldn't you then buy missions for credits that have heroics (Like CZ, Mek-sha, Ossus, etc) for credits and open the bonus boxes? those aren't specific to any of those 3 types your capped at, so you should be able to open those as long as your not at the prototype cap for the week.

I guess, but that just adds to the ton of completed mission items I will never be able to cash.  Unless we can use these in the future for whatever the next venture is.  But knowing how Biosword gets down, watch it be something completely different....

Here we are at another reset for the weekly, and I'd like to re-reiterate just how awful this whole process has been.  To quickly catch up:

- At last week's reset I was on level 10/11 but had to wait for that reset (from the previous week) to cash in the missions to finish Level 10 because of the utterly ridiculous mission caps.  I did that, finished level 10 and the last mission to "get" Bessi, and that left me at 50/50/50/150 (because the last missions required the 150 of each). This was all done within 20 mins of the weekly reset last week, leaving me with NOTHING TO DO FOR THIS for the entire week.

- At today's reset, I had more than enough items to cash in to hit the STILL RIDICULOUS weekly caps immediately.  And that now has me at 150/150/150/450, and it is AGAIN leaving me with NOTHING TO DO FOR THIS for the entire week.

So a week from today I will cash in my still vastly compiled hoard of completed mission from past week I'm sitting on because of the goofy caps - immediately at the reset again - and that will let me complete 2 of the 3 missions. But I will be forced to wait ANOTHER week to get back to the 300 Prototype datas needed to finish the 3rd and final one.  All for what, a Bessi skin????  4-5 weeks to complete the last mission for a skin?????

I mean this as sincerely as possible.  Whoever is making these decisions should be reassigned to a job where they cannot destroy your product.

Edited by DarthNillard
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

Well, yeah. another two weekly resets for me to finish. so two more weeks of time gatekeeping because of currency caps. Boring stupid and just a let down.

image.thumb.png.8c75e2a868d13dbf4f0d1f113be48f10.pngimage.png.8d7b91817793a221d7c0be74d5f41cd8.png

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 7/18/2024 at 7:32 AM, JackieKo said:

Hey again. As B3-S1 is a companion, she functions the same as all other companions do. Her influence would still need to be raised to 50 per character.

Impacted players can expect a refund within the next couple days.

Still the disappointing fact seems, if you've have increased her Influence to 50 on more than 1 Character: 

• Only the Character who claims her once Level 10 is complete, will keep her at Influence 50.
  • If you unlock her in Collections, on Character's who had her at 50 Influence; she resets back to 1
  • They saw this after you cross the "Green Threshold" into Lane's Lab...  ...others saw this too!

UPDATE: See note from @Bar-Da-Voya below in thread!

All other Companions be they HK-51, or others doesn't do that, they also don't allow you to increase influence before you've unlocked them either.  It could have been better had they forgone the Collection unlock, with an achievement to remove Memory Stick Requirement; provided you've talked to Lane to Claim her at least once.

-- Given it's only 10 coins, which I thought was nice, yet now you'll loose your Influence invested.  :(

A guild member wiped out Commander's Compendium yesterday, when unlocked as Permanent via Collections.  

Hopefully someone tells me this is incorrect, as I'm only hearing this 2nd hand... 

On 7/16/2024 at 5:30 PM, DarthNillard said:

Thank you Jackie!!!  What about having to get it to 50 affection on each toon though? Since this is a legacy-wide system, its only right that this should be a 1 time thing to do and then its max affection across your legacy.

Now I'm starting to think your right...  ...even though I was fine before increasing them individually; yet I also wasn't aware you'd potentially loose influence either.  So that's likely what I'll find out next week? 

:jawa_confused:

Edited by Strathkin
Grammar

7 hours ago, Strathkin said:

Now I'm starting to think your right...  ...even though I was fine before increasing them individually; yet I also wasn't aware you'd loose influence either.  So that's likely what I'll find out next week, having a Companion I can only use on 1 Character, or be faced to choose Memory Sticks; or loose the Influence of 50 they've invested on 2 of the 3 Character's!

I can confirm you can level Bessi with the jawa junk that works on other droids.  Not ideal, but at least Jawa junk is easy to obtain if you play the game enough (I'm sitting on 3 stacks of each type in my legacy bank).

All this said, at the end of the day BESSI is just Shae Vizla's animations on a big robot dog.  So all of this ridiculous work over literal MONTHS of time, spent replaying old outdated otherwise useless content, just to unlock a rip-off of Shae that I will also have to use jawa junk and waste time bumping to 50 on any character where I want to use her.  Again, who thought of this whole idea?

Edited by DarthNillard
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Strathkin said:

Still the disappointing fact seems, if you've have increased her Influence to 50 on more than 1 Character: 

• Only the Character who claims her once Level 10 is complete, will keep her at Influence 50.
  • While she remains 50 initially on Alt Character's, you'll be forced to use Memory Sticks to summon.
  • If you unlock her in Collections, on Character's who had her at 50 Influence; she resets back to 1

The B3-S1 you claim from Collections is a temp one. If you previously took her to Influence 50, go to Lane's Lab and as soon as you enter, your old B3-S1 will replace the Collection B3-S1 and you will get your Influence 50 B3-S1 back.

Conversely, DO NOT give Collection B3-S1 any gifts or compendium as you will lose all Influence given to Collection B3-S1 if you enter Lane's Lab afterwards. Always claim B3-S1 from Collections inside Lane's Lab or immediately go to Lane's Lab after claiming B3-S1 from Collections to ensure the permanent B3-S1 writes over the temp Collections B3-S1 and then it seems safe to level B3-S1's Influence.

Edited by Bar-Da-Voya
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

On 7/31/2024 at 11:15 AM, Bar-Da-Voya said:

The B3-S1 you claim from Collections is a temp one. If you previously took her to Influence 50, go to Lane's Lab and as soon as you enter, your old B3-S1 will replace the Collection B3-S1 and you will get your Influence 50 B3-S1 back.

Conversely, DO NOT give Collection B3-S1 any gifts or compendium as you will lose all Influence given to Collection B3-S1 if you enter Lane's Lab afterwards. Always claim B3-S1 from Collections inside Lane's Lab or immediately go to Lane's Lab after claiming B3-S1 from Collections to ensure the permanent B3-S1 writes over the temp Collections B3-S1 and then it seems safe to level B3-S1's Influence.

Well that's good to know, I'm at that point next week; hense trying to find a solution!  :eek:

Then people just need to try hard to:

1. Be in Lane's Lab when you claim B3-S1 or "Bessie" from Collections, rather than outside; or  
  2. If you do claim her outside, immediately enter Lane's Lab on Ruhnuk quickly; without giving her any Gifts. 
  3. Yet it doesn't help those who didn't realize, and why would they, other Companions aren't like this.
  • The guy in our guild claimed when he crossed the green threshold all her influence was lost, I never asked too much more details I just started asking around...  ...I found several others in similar situation, confused, upset, or disappointed.  While he later claimed to have written to Customer Service, he was worried having 4 others fully at 50 Influence, and was worried about loosing them as well if he claimed from Collections.  

-- Still they should issue a patch so it informs what to do, or resolves this; go to Lane's Lab to claim this item.

Then others aren't running into this unexpectedly, and loosing influence with her as perhaps some have.  

Thank you very much in explaining your experience, at least there is perhaps some hope! 

Edited by Strathkin
Grammar
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bar-Da-Voya said:

If this is true, its another terribly rolled out part of this process. Why would anybody think to do this?  All biosword has confirmed (from the Jackie post responding to me in this thread about the incorrect cc coin price and that I requoted a few times) was to confirm after you "unlock" BESSI you can get her in collections for 10 cartel coins on other characters. She also doubled down in that same reply to my other question about how getting her to 50 should be the reward for this bogus, long, drawn out leveling process and she basically just confirmed each character you get her on would need to level up to 50 affection like all other companions.  So all and all this is just antother cluster F....

I have already pulled her out of collections on all my 80's, and wasted 2 compendiums and unlimited Jawa Junk on maxing her out a few times.  Real $$$ and in game currency wasted apparently, AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

22 hours ago, DarthNillard said:

If this is true, its another terribly rolled out part of this process... 

I have already pulled her out of collections on all my 80's, and wasted 2 compendiums and unlimited Jawa Junk on maxing her out a few times.  Real $$$ and in game currency wasted apparently, AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I quoted her statement, I believe she like all of us weren't told any differently...  

Yet I saw someone in Guild claimed they lost influence after claiming them from Collections, when they crossed the green border into Lane's Lab.  Perhaps similar to the quote above, it's why I started asking around yesterday, and found a few others who perhaps had something unexpected occur.

-- It's why I said DEVs need to find a fix for those who may have lost influence.

Give @JackieKo some time to dig into this, and get answers from the team. 

UPDATE: They should require you to be in Lane's Lab, as said above to claim her from Collections!

Edited by Strathkin
Grammar

2 hours ago, Strathkin said:

Well I quoted her statement, I believe she like all of us weren't told any differently...  

Yet I saw someone in Guild claimed they lost influence after claiming them from Collections, when they crossed the green border into Lane's Lab.  Perhaps similar to the quote above, it's why I started asking around yesterday, and found a few others who had perhaps had something unexpected occur.

-- It's why I said DEVs they need to perhaps try and find a fix for those who may have lost influence.

Give @JackieKo some time to dig into this, and get answers from the team. 

I think I might have been confused on what you said, and/or are trying to say.  If you used a compendium on Bessi while she was still in the process of being acquired on one of your toons, and then after you finish leveling her you then pull her out of collections on that same toon, you would lose the progress?  That actually makes sense (but is still something Broadsword needs to make sure players are aware of, or find a way to safeguard and prevent this from happening).  I was at least smart enough to finish her on the character where I had used the original compendium a few weeks ago, so she's good to go and still 50 on that character.  All my alts though I've pulled her out of collections.  I think I have at least 1 or 2 characters that didn't grab her yet from collections, let me go try to get her from Lane and see what happens.

But in any case, I stand on my main point here.  The completely unnecessarily long grind to unlock Bessi should end with you having her as a companion at level 50 affection, and pulling her out in collections should include her coming out at 50.  What is the entire point of the grind to get her if at the end, you just end up with yet another level 1 affection companion???  She does nothing special, actually quite the opposite since she kirby'ed all of Shae's moves and isn't even original in how she tanks/heals/dps's.  Just flaw after flaw after flaw in how this whole thing was built, designed, and rolled out :(

Edited by DarthNillard
  • Thanks 1