Sniper, wow!

I've been playing SWTOR off and on for a very long time. Not long ago, I started playing it again. I had already completed my Legacy quests in the past, so I have full access to my Legacy. I mostly play republic side. For a long time, I have used HK-51 as one of my companions, whom you only can get via Legacy. I had bought his special armor for cosmetic looks, from the market console. He looks so cool. What I really like is his sayings, he has many, like (when he is in combat), "you are already dead, just lie down", or words to that effect. 

When I first started, I tried a sniper but left it. A couple of weeks ago, I decided to try a sniper again, wow!! So much has changed. I now prefer a sniper over a Commando. The sniper's AOE, Suppressive Fire, is so powerful! Also there use to be a penalty if a sniper used a blaster rifle instead of a sniper rifle, that penalty is gone! My alternate load character is an Operative. This is cool, because the Operative has stealth. My Sniper and Operative both use a blaster rifle and a Vibroknife. When I upgrade a weapon, they both get the upgrade, makes it so much easier. They also both share the same adaptive armor.

Oh, I was advanced enough that I was able to create my sniper on the republic side, normally a sniper is on the imperial side. :) I hope this info helps some with making decisions.

7.0 separated the class story from the combat style.  This is how you can make a sniper using the trooper class story.

I believe the sniper rifle extends your range attacks to 35m while the blaster rifle is shorter.  Also the damage is reduced IIRC.

On 6/8/2024 at 1:16 AM, ThanderSnB said:

You can have a sniper rifle equipped but use a blaster rifle in the outfitter. All of the benefit with no downside. :jawa_biggrin:

Yeah sniping with a shotgun it is:
image.thumb.png.d114f68a4581ed0034af1083efe8a450.png

Edited by The_Hightower
  • Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.