Update Bounty Hunting Event

arunav

If I recall corrtectly, the Bounty Hunter Week/Event first launched in summer 2013. 

Many new areas have been added to the game since, but nothing has ever been added to this event. In fact, bosses on 2 starter planets were actually taken away from those at higher levels. 

Since the basic event has already been created, I can't help but imagine adding more targets and kingpins on new planets is feasible, even for the now smaller team. Updating the reward vendor would also be welcome. 

• Like 7

Yeah, they took away the hunts for lieutenants on Hutta, but left the Kingpin fight. If there were any on Ord Mantell, I never saw them.

Maybe a neat thing for that is to make them a "boss rush" for higher-level players. You have to fight the whole gang on the Starter Planet hunts before you can getthe quest to fight hte Kingpin.

8 hours ago, arunav said:

In fact, bosses on 2 starter planets were actually taken away from those at higher levels. 

That was done before 4.0 made the point largely moot by introducing Level Sync.  The problem was that before 4.0, *all* BBA foes spawned at the player's level, not at the planet's level, and this did tend to lead to some spectacularly ... abrupt ... deaths suffered by "ordinary" level passers-by (including at least one of my own characters) when highbie characters triggered the summoning device.  On Hutta and Ord, the level discrepancy was even worse.

Of course, with Level Sync, the "impact" of the sudden appearance of a level 10 BBA lieutenant is far less painful to new newbies who have the misfortune to be simply passing by, so it's reasonable to suggest those lieutenants could be brought back to Ord and Hutta for all levels.

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
On 6/3/2024 at 5:00 AM, arunav said:

If I recall corrtectly, the Bounty Hunter Week/Event first launched in summer 2013. 

Since the basic event has already been created, I can't help but imagine adding more targets and kingpins on new planets is feasible, even for the now smaller team. Updating the reward vendor would also be welcome. 

Yes this is very similar to the ask here:

New 'Gree' and 'Rakghoul' Event Weapons, Armor, and Other Rewards - Suggestion Box - SWTOR | Forums

I was surprised they added a new Seasonal Event, while greatly appreciated by many; this (below) would help keep interest in ALL EVENTs high:

• Nice to see slight improvements, introduce a few New Reward's over time, perhaps a few additional Lore objects, or even new weekly missions? 
  • Only Event that (sometimes) get's slight reward enhancements is Anniversary, with Art of Planets Contest...  ...yet very little changes otherwise!
  • In fact, most others haven't seen any Reward updates in almost 10+ years; which seems really odd as other games slowly expand on those! 
  • They could create, or expand on few new Decos / Companion Customizations / Rewards to slightly refresh older Events... 

:sy_star::classic_smile:

Edited by Strathkin
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

I don't understand why they keep higher level players from Ord Mantell and Hutta. They've made it to where all players reduce their level to the level of the planet, so why not add these back in so that all characters can complete this bounty?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AmyWright said:

I don't understand why they keep higher level players from Ord Mantell and Hutta. They've made it to where all players reduce their level to the level of the planet, so why not add these back in so that all characters can complete this bounty?

They did it because bascially each and every player only did the bounty missions on Ord Mantell and Hutta. One of the reasons was that these planets have been designed to be done on foot, i.e., as a high level player with a mount they could be done much faster compared with the bounty missions on any one of the other planets. Another reason (at the time) was, as already mentioned above by SteveTheCynic (https://forums.swtor.com/topic/935529-update-bounty-hunting-event/?do=findComment&comment=9817363), that the targets spwaned at the players level initiating it, i.e., very often simply one-shotted toons which just have started their story there. Although one-shotting will no longer occur due to level sync now in place, these planets would be crowded as hell for the first reason mentioned above.

As regards rewards, new missions, etc. I totally agree that this event needs some love, especially since you get bounty contracts as login rewards. However, also the other non-seasonal events should be updated at least once every 1-3 years (please no new swoop courses to be done 200 times...)

Edited by The_Hightower
  • Like 3

On 6/28/2024 at 2:50 PM, The_Hightower said:

please no new swoop courses to be done 200 times...

I’d be okay if the swoop event never got an update. If it “had” to, updated rewards would do just fine.

In my opinion the BBA quests should reward more than one Completed Contract per quest, OR revert the change that made the Contracts into currency, I mean it would be great to be able to buy/sell those like in the past.

I also think this event should be updated, like adding some more difficult and more rewarding bounties to complete.

• Like 1

On 6/30/2024 at 5:18 AM, Girmor said:

In my opinion the BBA quests should reward more than one Completed Contract per quest, OR revert the change that made the Contracts into currency, I mean it would be great to be able to buy/sell those like in the past.

Yes, I mean 1 per Day is very limited, even with the 1 Weekly you you also get.  While I wouldn't suspect they increase the Daily allowance, I am however surprised the [Weekly] Missions don't award 2 Bounty's given their Kingpins. 

OR

It might also be nice if they at least added 1 additional [Weekly] Mission to Events, as a lot of missions are 10 years old, so be nice to add something new!

Especially adding a few new Rewards every few years, doesn't require them all updated; just choose 1 event each year to slightly update / enhance! 

On 6/28/2024 at 1:50 PM, The_Hightower said:

...also the other non-seasonal events should be updated at least once every 1-3 years (please no new swoop courses to be done 200 times...)

That's a very similar point to mine (above) and I know many others also agree, every few years they should add a few enhancements; keep Events refreshed so they offer something new.   

Though Bounty Hunting Event is probably the worst for earning currency, so that's one I'd like to see perhaps addressed first!

:classic_smile: 

Edited by Strathkin
  • Like 1

On 6/30/2024 at 7:33 AM, Strathkin said:

Especially adding a few new Rewards every few years, doesn't require them all updated; just choose 1 event each year to slightly update / enhance!  :classic_smile:

As I've been playing the event this past week, I had this thought to enhance the BBA event:

They could either give Lvl25+ players the Ord Mantell Lieutenant fight back, and allow us to grab all the missions at the same time, or...

For players that meet a certain criteria (level and rep rank, completing missions a certain number of times, something like that), they can trade in both the basic Lieutenant hunt and the Kingpin hunt to unlock a new "Full Gang Hunt" Weekly mission. It'd start with the Contact offhandedly mentioning a bonus for taking the gang members alive or dead (it could cycle between four options "I don't care about the small fry, I just want (Kingpin) alive", "I don't care about the small fry, I just want (Kingpin) dead", "I want them all alive", or "Wipe them out. All of them"). Then you hit up 5 informants and send out 5 drones. After you send out the drones, you have to hunt them down across the entire map (and it cycles between set locations each time). Once in a general area, you scan for a single drone, and it marks a random Lieutenant lure in that area (provided there's more than one). For each of the 5 Lieutenants you hunt down, they drop an info item, and using all 5 info items unlocks the Kingpin fight.

The reward would be 6 contracts, a purple rep item, and a purple credit case; plus 4 contracts, a blue rep item and blue credit case if you successfully complete the bonus mission.

At 60 Contracts per event, it'd be a lot easier to grind up each time the event came around.