The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

So, about Shae......

BeyoBijan

18 minutes ago, MadPreacher said:

Not in a million years (my romanced) Lana Beniko will let this betrayal pass by, so yeah, Shae is basically done for. 

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.3ed943afe87486c155584f8995507f31.png

Ironically I'd use those same words to describe Lana.

At this stage I hope we get as BH to replace her and become Mandalore ourselves or for non BH characters to side with either Heta or one of the Ordo's as new Mandalore.

Do you really think they'd give a kill option for a companion that was a subscriber reward, and others used Galactic Seasons tokens on?

No chance.  Not without a way to get her back as a companion at least. To many people would be furious if they lost that companion.

9 hours ago, Toraak said:

Do you really think they'd give a kill option for a companion that was a subscriber reward, and others used Galactic Seasons tokens on?

No chance.  Not without a way to get her back as a companion at least. To many people would be furious if they lost that companion.

So it's Quinn all over again?

• Sad 1

Currently I'm on the fence with Shae.
She wants to use Malgus to point her to Heta - fine, that I can understand to some extend; but Malgus going off imp leash won't ever return to being a tool, instead he'll play Shae exactly as he wants to. 
Like Theron said, he had run off as a traitor at some point too, all for greater good. But, Theron was at least a friend to my chars, not to mention being love of her life to my smuggler - Shae is just an ally, and she won't get off the hook that easily. Depending how the story goes further, there's a high chance she won't make it through final encounter with my chars. Possibly not even consular, and def not BH.

For me it will vary by character. Not faulting any player who has a monolithic / uniform view of Shae across all of their characters, but I don't. I enjoy seeing the different dialogue options, even if the end result is mostly the same. 

If there is a kill / banish option for Shae, some of my characters will avail themselves of that opportunity and do so. Most probably will not.

I did the same with Theron, Arcann, Koth, Quinn and choosing b/t Torian and Vette.

I'm quite good at head canoning the role-playing aspects of the game vs. my real life inclinations. For example, I even have a pyschotic Imperial Agent who romances Kaliyo. I assure you, for several reasons, that would never happen in my real life. 😉

:csw_jabba:

Dasty

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jdast said:

For me it will vary by character. Not faulting any player who has a monolithic / uniform view of Shae across all of their characters, but I don't. I enjoy seeing the different dialogue options, even if the end result is mostly the same. 

If there is a kill / banish option for Shae, some of my characters will avail themselves of that opportunity and do so. Most probably will not.

I did the same with Theron, Arcann, Koth, Quinn and choosing b/t Torian and Vette.

I'm quite good at head canoning the role-playing aspects of the game vs. my real life inclinations. For example, I even have a pyschotic Imperial Agent who romances Kaliyo. I assure you, for several reasons, that would never happen in my real life. 😉

:csw_jabba:

Dasty

Same, I think I tried out every major option at least once across my different characters, though there are a couple options I really like taking and do it 95% of the time like killing Arcann, Senya, or Saresh.

Shae would be 50/50 but I only have one character now and he’ll punish her at first opportunity.

• Like 1

On 6/30/2024 at 7:02 PM, JakRoanin said:

Ironically I'd use those same words to describe Lana.

While not a fan of Lana, I will state that Lana has never betrayed my characters like Shae so I would not compare Lana to Shae.

• Like 1

I don't like that Lana kept the fact that the SIS was trying to contact us for *years* she uses us, and just in my opinion that is a form of betrayal. What else has she decided we don't need to know?

On 7/5/2024 at 1:11 AM, Toraak said:

Spoiler

Any comp killed is retrievable.  Go to your bedroom at the alliance base and use the galaxy terminal.  After you accept all the warnings, any companion you accepted and killed, is missing, etc. you can claim. 

This was introduced in KOTFE Chapter 9 for those who wanted their original companions before they were returned in the story or, although they couldn't have certain charatcers in the story anymore, could still fight and interact with them outside of cutscenes.

If you are a RP player, like me, I advise you never touch it.  It shatters the involvement and impact you made.  If you play the game for enjoyment and don't care, use it.

They'd probably end up continuing to use this system as they have with all dead/missing companions post-KOTFE.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, wursta said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Any comp killed is retrievable.  Go to your bedroom at the alliance base and use the galaxy terminal.  After you accept all the warnings, any companion you accepted and killed, is missing, etc. you can claim. 

This was introduced in KOTFE Chapter 9 for those who wanted their original companions before they were returned in the story or, although they couldn't have certain charatcers in the story anymore, could still fight and interact with them outside of cutscenes.

If you are a RP player, like me, I advise you never touch it.  It shatters the involvement and impact you made.  If you play the game for enjoyment and don't care, use it.

They'd probably end up continuing to use this system as they have with all dead/missing companions post-KOTFE.

Spoiler

AFAIK that terminal only works for companions lost during KoTfe, and KoTeT. Doesn't mean it'll work for a companion lost 2 expansions after that era. 

11 hours ago, Toraak said:
  Hide contents

AFAIK that terminal only works for companions lost during KoTfe, and KoTeT. Doesn't mean it'll work for a companion lost 2 expansions after that era. 

But that's what I am saying.  Thats the system they could easily use as a way to "restore" dead characters.  I do think they'll have a kill option and I think for those who want her back this is the way (no pun intended) they'll get them back.  To directly answer your initial thoughts.

Btw, no idea what "AFAIK" means.

6 hours ago, wursta said:

But that's what I am saying.  Thats the system they could easily use as a way to "restore" dead characters.  I do think they'll have a kill option and I think for those who want her back this is the way (no pun intended) they'll get them back.  To directly answer your initial thoughts.

Btw, no idea what "AFAIK" means.

AFAIK= As far as I know. 

On 7/9/2024 at 11:25 AM, Toraak said:

AFAIK= As far as I know. 

Thank you for your explanation bro.  I appreciate the clarification.

Spoiler

I'm pretty sure it works after as well since Elara, Quinn, Theran, etc. can be recovered after killing/denying them.  I can't think of any main comps that can die post Traitor Arc..........