Iokath Daily Area Woes. Phases and Companions

Traceguy

The Iokath daily area is a mess. 2 main complaints:

1. Phases. The phased daily areas are marked as story/personal, so they cannot be done with a group. Group members can opt to join your "story" phase if they both allow for same-class story phases in settings, but nothing they do in your phase contributes towards their objectives.

2. Companions. Companions keep getting removed half the time, requiring you to keep resummoning them. At least one mission I know of will not only remove your companion, but summon Theron Shan. Not ideal unless Theron Shan was your companion you were already using.

It seems to me like the Iokath daily area is treating the player as if they're going through the War on Iokath story. It shouldn't be this way, because as far as I can tell, Ossus, which has a similar daily/story area works fine.

Iokath has always had bugs in part because of the attempted cross faction. The failure to get it to work correctly or without massive workarounds under the hood is the reason why we ended up with the Saboteur stuff for Ossus and beyond.

But they certainly should be able to make the phased areas group after completion of the story component in the way that the heroic instances of Ossus are personal during the story play through and then group for the heroic.

On 5/15/2024 at 2:43 PM, Traceguy said:

Companions. Companions keep getting removed half the time, requiring you to keep resummoning them. At least one mission I know of will not only remove your companion, but summon Theron Shan. Not ideal unless Theron Shan was your companion you were already using.

OMG, I literally thought it's me imagining things when this happened couple of times. So it's not just my imagination nor my Theron obsession summoning the guy out of the blue instead of regular companion! Annoying, yes, but thank you for confirming there are still sanity leftovers within this old lady 🤣

On 5/15/2024 at 1:43 PM, Traceguy said:

At least one mission I know of will not only remove your companion, but summon Theron Shan

And if he is dead you get to fight the droids alone because you have no companion.

• Sad 1

On 5/17/2024 at 12:50 PM, KyraMalakai said:

And if he is dead you get to fight the droids alone because you have no companion.

Or just summon a companion prior to clicking the console.

On 5/15/2024 at 2:43 PM, Traceguy said:

2. Companions. Companions keep getting removed half the time, requiring you to keep resummoning them. At least one mission I know of will not only remove your companion, but summon Theron Shan. Not ideal unless Theron Shan was your companion you were already using.

The mission summoning Theron is "Powering Up the Weapons Factory"

And the missions despawning companion and(!) deactivating the sprint passive are those missions which require controlling an Iokath Monitor, a Mouse Droid and an Iokath Walker, i.e.:

- Detect and Destroy

- The Meek and the Mighty

- Walking the Walk

22 hours ago, The_Hightower said:

True but even though I only have one character that has Theron around more often than not I forget to do that.
But I was not refering to that case I was talking about after you finish the core part of the mission you spawn in the middle of some droids they are not hard to kill but is annoying.

Posted (edited)
On 5/18/2024 at 12:21 PM, The_Hightower said:

If you're aggro'd the nearby group, you can't summon or unsommon anyone.

Edited by Traceguy

1 hour ago, Traceguy said:

If you're aggro'd the nearby group, you can't summon or unsommon anyone.

That's true. Therefore kill the group where you respawn after leaving Iokath Monitor form and use the console there.

• Like 1