Redeem code page don't work

ytrenor

I don't care that much for Malgus and can't wait to have an option to slit his throat once and for all (and have a decapitated Malgus  deco on following stream).

But, this stupid redeem code page don't work: https://swtor.checkout.ea.com/lockbox-ui/checkout/redeemCode?gameId=swtor

This stupid page is given when using the stupid Redeem link from this stupid page : https://account.swtor.com/en/account

And this Account page is accessed after login in through the Account Link onf the stu*** swtor.com home page.

I remember a different account and redeem pages in the past, but I guess they were "updated"

Yes, I used the "MalgusWhen" code (no quote...) and checked the mandatory, yet unnecessary, "If redeeming Cartel Coins..." checkbox.

The page just reload as if nothing had happen (and no, I don't get the email, even after relaunching the game)

Since I'm the only one to have posted about this... what should we conclude about people's interest about Malgus (or am I the only one to get fed the wrong redeem page?)

Posted (edited)

@ytrenor,

I can only speak from my personal experience and I'm not suggesting there isn't a bug b/c as @SteveTheCynic correctly notes -- several have posted about the Redeem Code not working. For example:

https://forums.swtor.com/topic/935114-redeem-code-malguswhen-doesnt-get-item/#comment-9814584

Several days ago, I attempted to redeem the code per instructions (MALGUSWHEN) and literally nothing happened. Same as you.

Then I paid more attention to the actual Malgus poster being offered and thought to myself...Hrm, that looks familiar. Turns out the exact same Deco Poster of Malgus was already available in my Deco inventory. In the above mentioned thread, someone noted that the current Malgus poster was a reward offered at some point prior, though they didn't specify when or how to obtain.

I'm not big into Stronghold decroating and only have one room decorated (first outdoor space on Manaan not that it matters or anyone cares) so my mind was fuzzy. I'm pretty utilitarian when it comes to that aspect of the game and use Manaan for banking, GTN, mailing, etc. All of my other Strongholds are empty but I acquired enough for 150% Conquest bonus.

As it turns out, I actually already had the Malgus Deco Poster currently being offered hanging on a wall in back. I have no recollection of when I acquired it.

So, three points:

1) Check to see if you already have it.

2) While I think it is fine to reoffer previous rewards, Broadsword should have mentioned this point when announcing this reward.

3) This is my personal experience only (and others who have posted in other threads); i.e.,  I'm not saying you don't have a bug.

:csw_jabba:

Dasty

Edited by Jdast
  • Like 1

Thanks @Jdast for the answer.

If they mentionned on the Stream it was a refurbished stream code out of lazyness, they didn't mentionned it in the recap article from which I took the code.

P.-S. I still want to slit Malgus throat once and for all though. The deco could be a beheaded Malgus statue, or a head in  bottle on a stand.

17 hours ago, Jdast said:

While I think it is fine to reoffer previous rewards, Broadsword should have mentioned this point when announcing this reward.

1 hour ago, ytrenor said:

If they mentionned on the Stream it was a refurbished stream code out of lazyness, they didn't mentionned it in the recap article from which I took the code.

They did mention that it was a second opportunity for those that didn't got it the first time it's on the VOD where the recap was at the 2:40 mark.

I guess the reason I had them in the decos inventory was because I got it the first time but it still doesn't explain those that don't have it at all even after using the code this time.

Same, it didn't work for me during the stream and when i tried it after the stream so i just was like ...ok maybe i have it already? But nice to find out it was fixed AFTER the deadline past...

Like Idk if the devs are aware we can't all log in and pay attention to this forum every day! (currently grouchy)

2 hours ago, GuigeekRhadamant said:

I very much doubt they fixed anything since, as previously mentionned, it is just the old malgus decoration from a previous livestream

What they fixed was for the people who *hadn't* had the decoration before, but nevertheless entered the code and didn't get it this time.