GALACTIC SEASON ENDS?

Posted (edited)

I'm reading the forums and I see that season 6 ends on May 13th, so in a few days. Which doesn't add up to me, since the season rewards table says there are 80 days left (you can see it in the image). Can anyone clearify that for me?

postscript: the image is taken on the night of May 10th, Spanish time

IMG_20240511_005412_055.jpg

Edited by rafarodrod

8 hours ago, ThanderSnB said:

May 13 is not right. The correct day is July 29, 2024.

So why does it say in all the posts that it ends on May 13? Please have someone responsible for both the game and the page clarify this.

Thanks.

8 hours ago, RyvickTheFirst said:

OP is confusing PvP track season with GS track season.

I'm not confusing anything, "galactic" and "PvP" are different sections within the rewards table as you can see in this image.IMG_20240512_151859_466.thumb.jpg.83375a7d37aa4bef8bf19c54cb8a1ef5.jpg

I don't understand your confusion. The screenshots you provide show the Galactic Seasons and PVP Season tracks are, indeed, two completely separate tracks with different ending dates.

They are two separate creatures and have no relation to one another with respect to start dates, ending dates, objectives, content you engage in, and rewards.

:csw_jabba:

Dasty

• Like 1

Just now, Jdast said:

I don't understand your confusion. The screenshots you provide show the Galactic Seasons and PVP Season tracks are, indeed, two completely separate tracks with different ending dates.

They are two separate creatures and have no relation to one another with respect to start dates, ending dates, objectives, content you engage in, and rewards.

Dasty

I almost mentioned this.

I wasn't sure how the GS season ends in a few days when the screenshot clearly shows it ends in 80 days.

34 minutes ago, rafarodrod said:

So why does it say in all the posts that it ends on May 13? Please have someone responsible for both the game and the page clarify this.

Thanks.

What posts?  Can you link them?  Are you sure you're not confusing it with the Diablo 4 season which ends on May 13th?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, absolutetristan said:

The 80 days from the first image is correct for Galactic Seasons.

PVP ends in the 7-8 days.

Can you copy/paste/quote where you saw that the Galactic Seasons ends in 7-8 days?

https://www.swtor.com/info/news/article/20240408

https://forums.swtor.com/events/event/62-galactic-seasons-6-building-a-foundation-saison-galactique-6-fondations-galaktische-saison-6-ein-solides-fundament/

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, rafarodrod said:

Notice the word "objectives" in both of those articles. Both specify the activities / content available for you to advance your GS 6 progression during Weeks #5 through #9.

It does not mean the conclusion of GS 6.

If you thought GS 6 ended on May 13th that would also imply you thought that GS 6 began on April 9th -- but we know that is false since GS 6 began on March 12th.

Note too when it lists the specific activities available it even identifies that April 9th is the beginning of Week #5.

Broadsword has alway been clear the actual end of of GS 6 is July 29th. This is true both in-game (see the screenshot you provided) and in every social media outlet, including these forums.

Dasty

Edited by Jdast
Stupid Typos!
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, rafarodrod said:

These are just the weekly objectives.  They will post a new one for the upcoming weeks.  This is just the objectives for the time period stated.

SWTOR Galactic Seasons Objectives: April 9 - May 13

Galactic Seasons lasts a bit longer yet.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BulbulusTheGreat said:

the GS story has also ended on a cliff hanger for some reason....

We started cutting up the story progression content into tiny pieces long ago. Why not start doing the same for GS, stretch it out as long as possible (two, three, or maybe more seasons). I guess we'll have to wait until the next GS starts to continue the story.

On 5/12/2024 at 9:40 AM, rafarodrod said:

Don't mean to add on to the several posts below the quoted post here. But yeah, those are just the schedule for the objectives. 

The devs also posted the upcoming objectives for May 14 - June, which the poster above me posted.