Venture System and B3-S1

From what I saw from the livestream, the new Venture system sound quite interesting and fun and B3-S1 looks cute!

However I wonder what the "limited-time" will mean on the training missions? Will it mean that you must complete them very fast and be very fast while doing them, or does it mean that the whole system will be just a temporary thing and B3-S1 will become unobtainable like past Galactic Seasons companions?

It seems like a system for adding companions (that don't require much voice acting) by making you do old daily areas again. 

It's neither interesting nor fun, in my opinion, and likely that of many players. 

You'll enjoy it if you enjoyed playing FPs more than a decade old to... unlock areas in the new Copero Stronghold. 

B3-S1 does look cute! I think, having started the quest 2 Decembers ago, by the time my character goes through the process of 'Venturing,' he'll want B3 to shoot him in the face. 

31 minutes ago, Kristallia said:

From what I saw from the livestream, the new Venture system sound quite interesting and fun and B3-S1 looks cute!

However I wonder what the "limited-time" will mean on the training missions? Will it mean that you must complete them very fast and be very fast while doing them, or does it mean that the whole system will be just a temporary thing and B3-S1 will become unobtainable like past Galactic Seasons companions?

Seems fun to me, I've never done a ruhnuk daily in my life guess this will give me reason to go there and start doing them lol. 

Posted (edited)

I don't think it will be limited in actual time. His wording is kind of confusing, but I think he means limited time as in limited to the time it takes to finish the daily area. The companion won't be summonable anywhere else, so you can't just hold onto the mission and use the companion anywhere you want. You'll have to be in the designated area. I think they are weekly missions, so each week you will have 15-30 minutes with the companion doing the mission. Then you are done until the next week. After enough weeks, the companion is fully unlocked. It will function like any other companion and be summonable wherever companions are allowed. I'm thinking the missions will also give companion influence, so by the end your new basilisk is level 50, but I could be wrong on that.

Edited by ThanderSnB

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/2/2024 at 2:30 AM, Kristallia said:

I think you will have to do a series of missions to upgrade Bessie, then it will be fully unlocked, at least that's what i understood from the livestream. 

You get a module that you click to power up the droid.  It starts a timer that last for 60 minutes and you have that much time to do the missions before the droid shuts down and you need to use another module to continue.  I think the cap on modules was you can either earn up to 10 a week and hold 20 of them total before you max out or vice versa.  60 minutes is more than enough to time to get large chunks done with them if you are smart.  There are definitely some tricks and tips I picked up on right away to maximize that timer.  I got all 3 specs of stage 1 upgrades completed in 30 minutes.  I already saw a mission flaw that is not explained well but is easy to work around.... but based off of the majority of critical thinking skills that I see players using these days in gaming, most of the people playing will think that it's bugged until they figure it out.