This is just plain lazy

Can we not, in this day and age, figure out how to re-scale, or heaven forbid completely retexture, resized geometry?

This looks just plain gross.

https://file.garden/ZdDDzgIVGzlYE8YL/SWTOR/Lazy Odessen graphics.png

...and don't dare call it efficient use of resources for low-end computers. It's 2024. It's time we grew beyond graphics like this. Luckily, the powers that be soon will no longer support DirectX 9 in any way shape or form, so either the game gets a new DX11 / 12 API, or the game is yanked once the level of support is yanked.

A new DX application programmer interface is not a magical fix, someone still must go in and fiddle after it's upgraded, but at least it opens the door to better graphics.

Devs did great on the KOTFE/KOTET chapters, Onderon, Ossus... what the hell happened here?

Edit: I'll have to say this, just to be fair. There are moments in cut scenes and just traveling around where sometimes I suspect that the DX API has already been upgraded because some of it looks really, really good. And then... some things... don't.

...and then I remember that people would be burning down the forums complaining their ancient boxes can't play the game any more because DX11 does have higher harder requirements.

SO.

DX aside, there's still plenty that can be done with the current geometry and textures to fix the eyesores.

Edited by xordevoreaux