Which Datacrons need multiple People to collect?

• memo_DB changed the title to Which Datacrons need multiple People to collect?

The fleet datacrons you need at least 6 people iirc. Other than that I think you can do most of them solo. The Rishi datacron is faster if you have more people but it's not completely necessary. Although I would definitely advise getting at least 3 for Rishi because you have to farm grophets in 3 seperate locations and it's an all day long thing to find the one you need. So having 1 person at the 3 diff locations is going to save you a lot of time. 

Off the top of my head those are the only ones I can think of that require more than 1 person. I did all of the other ones solo. I might be forgetting something tho so maybe someone can chime in and tell me I'm wrong lol. 

Edited by Samcuu
  • Like 1

Fleet one has to be done by 4 people minimum. Few people do it nowadays so better join a team if you see people LFM on fleet. It's probably best to be on a toon with teleport (sorc and/or sniper, preferably sorc for force speed and sorc pull) for fail safe because there will be a lot of fall damage. There is a cool animation when you get it so do wear your best outfit if you're gonna record it.

• Like 1

I just got the Meksha one as well it does help to have extra ppl for that because gold mobs keep spawning repeatedly, again probably not necessary but helpful to do it with a few friends. 

Quesh is doable solo. If you stand inside the chamber and angle your camera out the door you can click the force field button, sealing you inside the room. Then you just need a speed boost ability to move between the two pillars in the center of the room with the buttons and click the second one before the first stops beeping.

Balmorra has one that also requires you speed click two buttons if you’re solo.

Taris has one where you click a button that launches a second character up onto the pipes near the ceiling. That can’t be done solo as the pad and button are too far apart and there’s no delay after the button push. That’s just a matrix shard though I believe. Not sure it counts for the legacy datacron chart.

11 hours ago, Samcuu said:

The fleet datacrons you need at least 6 people iirc

10 hours ago, eabevella said:

Fleet one has to be done by 4 people minimum.

You can actually solo fleet. Imp side with  a lv 65+ Sith Marauder if I remember correctly. It’s been a few months since I did it. Couldn’t find a group.

Balmoria has a non stat datacron that needs two peeps

Quesh has one that was designed for a group but can be soloed.

Edited by AFadedMemory

The Republic Fleet Datacron is solo-able if you have a 'leap to an ally' ability:  You just need to get your companion to spawn on the landing that you can't quite reach and 'leap' to him/her/it...

Generally speaking, Datacrons fall into the following categories:

1. Intended to be solo-ed,
  2. Intended to require a group, but solo-able by characters with the right abilities, and
  3. Intended to and actually requiring a partner or group.

It's that second category that makes answering this question a bit complicated...

There are tons of guides on datacrons, TONS, so just look them up as you decide to search for a certain planet. As to the question, in addition to the ones others have mentioned, I think there is one on either Belsalvis or Balmora that takes two players (to hit something at the same time, though I've seen vids of people managing it solo).

There's also one on one of the Pubside planets (my memory wants to say Taris, but I don't trust it any more) where one player stands on a grate in an underground room, then another player presses a button which releases a blast of wind from the grate that shoves the player on the grate up onto some pipes that let the player get to the datacron.

23 hours ago, AFadedMemory said:

You can actually solo fleet. Imp side with  a lv 65+ Sith Marauder if I remember correctly. It’s been a few months since I did it. Couldn’t find a group.

But it's a pain in the [redacted] to solo it.

A random stranger helped me with the Balmorra one after seeing me jumping up and down there a few years ago. Thank you random Sith Lord.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, eabevella said:

But it's a pain in the [redacted] to solo it.

A random stranger helped me with the Balmorra one after seeing me jumping up and down there a few years ago. Thank you random Sith Lord.

Truthfully, I enjoyed claiming it solo. It is difficult, but I think the hardest part is the jump at the very start. There are definitely other datacrons that are a bigger pain to deal with.

On 4/23/2024 at 12:34 AM, AFadedMemory said:

9 hours ago, AFadedMemory said:

Truthfully, I enjoyed claiming it solo. It is difficult, but I think the hardest part is the jump at the very start. There are definitely other datacrons that are a bigger pain to deal with.

Pub side I knew could be done with 2 players, or two toons, if you knew how.

Imp side?

How?   There's a bridge with 3 clickies that you have to use to cross over, and that's even before any platforming you have to do.  That means a minimum of 4 people.

27 minutes ago, Darev said:

Pub side I knew could be done with 2 players, or two toons, if you knew how.

Imp side?

How?   There's a bridge with 3 clickies that you have to use to cross over, and that's even before any platforming you have to do.  That means a minimum of 4 people.

There are YouTube videos that explain it much better than I could. Simply put you need to jump to ledge not intended to be used for the datacron. Use mad dash to get to another ledge grapple, jump down to another place exploit “jump to companion” ability.

Posted (edited)

Thank you for your answers guys!

The fleet datacron I did solo, with my sith juggenaut, it worked, and I spent about 1h to complete it.

The green matrix shards on balmorra (imp) and taris (rep) you can't do solo, but with a second player I managed to get the quesh one (not able to solo anymore) and the balmorra matrix shard.

Thanks for helping!

regards

Edited by memo_DB
  • Like 2

You do see people in General asking for help with these datacrons on various planets, and since I'm usually just doing Heroics or rampaging, I go ahead and help. But then, I pretty much always help out when someone asks for it unless I can't (am in a FP or am about to log for work or life).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.