BUG/Tooltip: For Commando - Gunnery Ability Tree (43) Overclock & Merc - Arsenal differences.

Description: "Reduces the cooldowns of Concussive Round and Tech Override by 15 seconds each.  In addition, Tech Override grants a second charge, making your next two abilities with an activation time activate instantly."

PROBLEM/BUG: Overclock, is not granting the 2nd charge of Tech Override, it's only reducing the cooldown of Concussive Round & Tech Override by 15 seconds.  :( 

NOTE: Mercenary - Arsenal on IMP has Power Override, this provides 2nd charge for Imperial Characters just fine!  :) 

@CommunityTeam

image.thumb.png.9b3c9fe6ef70d43002df2ae4378714b9.png

Edited by Strathkin
Grammar & Image

• Strathkin changed the title to BUG: For Commando - Gunnery Ability Tree (43) --Overclock
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Well this always used to provide 2 charges, so perhaps they changed how this works; so I've updated the Graphic. 

Yet "technically" while we still get 2 instant casts for Grav Round &/or Plasma Grenade, we are loosing the ability to get another 6 seconds of immunity from pushback & interupts. 

It's just strange, also on Merc - Arsenal which is the Imperial equivalent class it does grant 2 charges of Power Override, which gains the chance to spread out their use so you gain not 6 seconds of immunity, but perhaps as much as 12 seconds.  So it's a bit less clicking on Pub side, yet it also comes with a cost of loss immunity.

Perhaps I'll list this a bug/tooltip error, yet if they did grant 2 charges as it did in 6.0 days just as Imp's still get we'd have 12 second of immunity not just 6.

image.thumb.png.72871b482b2069c9a9c746ca701c4f53.png

Edited by Strathkin
Grammar

• Strathkin changed the title to BUG/Tooltip: For Commando - Gunnery Ability Tree (43) Overclock & Merc - Arsenal differences.
3 hours ago, Strathkin said:

It's just strange, also on Merc - Arsenal which is the Imperial equivalent class it does grant 2 charges of Power Override, which gains the chance to spread out their use so you gain not 6 seconds of immunity, but perhaps as much as 12 seconds.  So it's a bit less clicking on Pub side, yet it also comes with a cost of loss immunity.

I've just tested this on my Merc, and it does not work as you describe. It provides two buff charges, not a second ability charge. This exactly how it used to work in 6.0 as well. There doesn't seem to be a difference between Merc and Commando here. For both it's: Click the ability once, gain two charges of the buff, the next two abilities with a cast time activate instantly and the immunity kicks in afterwards.

Posted (edited)

@AdjeYo

Then maybe they fixed it, yet previously for Commando - Gunnery in 6.0 it did give 2 charges of Tech override; I recall previously seeing 2 charges prior to 7.0 starting.

So before I create the BUG thread request, I'll just get a screenshot of "Tooltip" for when override is selected for Gunnery - Commando & Merc - Arsenal and suggest that selecting the appropriate 43 level buff, they just update the tooltip to just say the next 2 abilities...

*thumbs up*

image.png.304e31d9accf672d4f6707c2a66587d8.png

Edited by Strathkin
Grammar

Choosing a talent or not doesn't update the tooltips. That's why Tech Override still just says the next ability. They should probably update the wording somewhat, I believe this particular talent has existed in some form before ability charges were a thing (I believe they introduced that with 6.0?). So back then saying the ability gets an extra charge was pretty unambiguous.