The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Star Wars Outlaws

Thanks for the infos above!

But do we have informations about "things to do" beyond the main story, like repeatable missions (for different cartels as it seems to be the case) or mission boards like in AC Odyssey?

In one word, as it is an open world and you can regain lost reputations, can you continue playing freely and continue your exploration and life in the world virtually forever? (assuming ennemies respawn and if we're lucky forts, camps and such respawn too. The ideal being to have new random quests appearing after a while)

I ask that because it's what I'd like to experience and continue "roaming" in the game long after the end the main story, just like I do in most RPG I play (I hate facing a real "game over") but also because there a few RPG elements which seem to go in that direction in Outlaws, like the reputation system and other things like the passive income (moist farms in Tatooine?). Why implement such things if there is nothing to do when the main story is over? Doesnt make sense. 

It's the reason why, independantly from the main story quality or overall graphics/animation, I prefer AC Odyssey over Ghost of Tsushima.

Ghost of Tsushima is almost "dead" after the main story arc, AC Odyssey offers hundreds of hours of playing with the non-driven activities of the random contracts in each zones (note that I do not judge if it's "fun" or not, only talking about potential activities here)

Edited by Draksen
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

SW Outlaws: The Final Preview IGN video:

https://youtu.be/SSa9yBsLoIM?si=FRfi812kK7KvTvO0

The guy sounds like a shill and it's a little irritating but beyond that the video shows some cool stuff. I'm not getting "OMG, THIS IS SO AWESOME" vibes. In fact, it looks very safe if that makes any sense. Nothing exciting just average. 

Edited by TonyTricicolo

Have you guys seen infos on "job boards"? 

I rebound on my previous question concerning "respawning", and could it be the feature I was hoping for: 

Job boards with random and respawning quests (thus respawning mobs/camps).

Edited by Draksen
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Draksen said:

respawning quests (thus respawning mobs/camps).

Yes, there are dynamic encounters spreadout in the open world. For example, you can come across bandits attacking farmers and you can intervene in these type of scenarios. There is also speeder bike races against NPCs.  There is also "gambling" which consists of betting on Fathiers(Horse dogs from TLJ) and playing Sabacc(SW poker/blackjack)

Edited by TonyTricicolo

Posted (edited)

So this is starting to blow up on Reddit...

Ubisoft released the PC requirements for SW Outlaws and apparently you'll need a beast of a computer to run it

https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/1eh66sa/star_wars_outlaws_pc_system_requirements/?utm_source=embedv2&utm_medium=post_embed&utm_content=post_body&embed_host_url=https://fandomwire.com/star-wars-outlaws-pc-specs-revealed-and-its/

4igyi6eqwyfd1.jpeg

Edited by TonyTricicolo

1 hour ago, Rekar said:

trash game

unless your beta testing it how would you know? While I admit having 0 interest in it, I wouldn't call it bad until either A) I've tried it myself, or B) I've seen a lot of videos after launch of gameplay.

• Like 3

I come back to this topic after having done some research. I've tried to reply to my own questions concerning the respawning of mobs/camps, random missions and job boards. I've found a few things over the internet but nothing really clear, as most of the articles seem to focus on the main campaign. It's a good thing, but if some of us want to game to remain alive after it, we need more than a campaign or one-time-shot missions. I have Assassin's Creed Odyssey here in mind, which makes sense as it is the same developper. So I decided to ask ChatGPT and here what it says:

Concerning respawning: 

In "Star Wars Outlaws," it has been confirmed that enemies in camps do respawn. This means that players can encounter recurring threats in previously cleared areas, ensuring that the game world remains lively and challenging. The respawn mechanics contribute to the game's dynamic environment, encouraging players to stay vigilant and continuously engage with the evolving world around them.

Concerning random missions:

Yes, "Star Wars Outlaws" will feature random missions. Ubisoft, the game's developer, has confirmed that the game will include dynamic events and missions that are procedurally generated. This means players can expect a variety of missions that may arise unexpectedly during their gameplay, adding an element of unpredictability and replayability to the game. These random missions will complement the main storyline and help create a more immersive and expansive experience in the Star Wars universe.

Concerning mission boards:

Yes, "Star Wars Outlaws" will include mission boards. Players can use these boards to find and undertake various missions. This feature will allow players to select from a range of tasks and contracts, providing additional opportunities for exploration, earning rewards, and engaging with the game's world beyond the main storyline. The inclusion of mission boards is part of Ubisoft's effort to create a dynamic and interactive open-world experience.

And:

Yes, in "Star Wars Outlaws," missions from mission boards are designed to respawn after a while. This feature ensures that players always have access to new opportunities and challenges, keeping the gameplay experience fresh and engaging. By having missions that respawn, the game maintains a dynamic environment where players can continually find new tasks to undertake, adding to the replayability and longevity of the game.

I have no idea how ChatGPT managed to find all these (maybe I missed information myself while searching) but it's good news!

If some of you have the opportunity to test the game, and confirm (or infirm) those features, I'd happily hear more about them. Thanks in advance.

Edited by Draksen
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...