Items from cartel Market staying bound after timer.

Jessious

I have quite a few of the armor boxes from opening a hypercrate. I let them sit in my bank until the timer expired with the intent to sell. Yet after the timer finished the boxes are all bound to me. I have NOT tried to open them, look in them, or anything of the sort. If they instantly bind after the timer is up now how does anyone sell anything they get? Below is an example from an armor box that the timer has finished.

Screenshot 2024-04-01 213942.png

I had a similar problem several months ago.  I decided to enrich my characters by "playing the Market" only to discover that when I tried buying popular items from the CM, ones that were going for hefty prices on GTN, the items would be perma-bound to my character as soon as they claimed them.  Didn't matter what character I used, or how many copies of the item I claimed from my Legacy, they'd all be Bound to me, and therefore useless for reselling on the GTN.

Not sure why this started happening, but it's been going on for several months, at the very least. 🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, ReKabNad said:

Didn't matter what character I used, or how many copies of the item I claimed from my Legacy, they'd all be Bound to me,

Copies claimed from Collections have *always* been bound to the character that claimed them.  Well, except for the recent-ish addition of legacy-bound items to Collections (GS armour/weapons, Remnant sets), where they are bound to legacy.

5 hours ago, Jessious said:

I have quite a few of the armor boxes from opening a hypercrate. I let them sit in my bank until the timer expired with the intent to sell. Yet after the timer finished the boxes are all bound to me. I have NOT tried to open them, look in them, or anything of the sort. If they instantly bind after the timer is up now how does anyone sell anything they get? Below is an example from an armor box that the timer has finished.

Screenshot 2024-04-01 213942.png

Are all the items in question non complete sets? I don’t recall seeing partial sets on the GTN for quite some time.

12 hours ago, SteveTheCynic said:

Copies claimed from Collections have *always* been bound to the character that claimed them.  Well, except for the recent-ish addition of legacy-bound items to Collections (GS armour/weapons, Remnant sets), where they are bound to legacy.

So then how do people get the desirable Weapons and Armor Pieces to sell on the GTN?  Are they just dropping tons of Real World Money on randomized loot crates to get the items to sell?  🤔

Other players on these Forums are all like "make money by selling Cartel Market items on the GTN" but they don't tell you anything more than that in the way of an explanation! 🤷‍♂️

11 hours ago, AFadedMemory said:

Are all the items in question non complete sets? I don’t recall seeing partial sets on the GTN for quite some time.

There are lots of part sets on the market right now and the ones I have are not bound. 

2024-04-03.jpg

3 hours ago, ReKabNad said:

Are they just dropping tons of Real World Money on randomized loot crates to get the items to sell?  

Sadly, yes.

Hence why the "Free" To Play game model is totally bogus , since it's really  Free-To-PAY .

24 minutes ago, Jessious said:

It is not only boxed items, even the weapons, color crystals, and other items are staying bound after the timer runs out.

Stop putting them into your BANK.   Just leave any Cartel  'timer' items you don't want in your main inventory, untouched,  and just wait for the timer to run out. ( 36 hours i believe )  Then & only then will they become  sellable. ( un-bound )

6 hours ago, Nee-Elder said:

Sadly, yes.

Hence why the "Free" To Play game model is totally bogus , since it's really  Free-To-PAY .

With the referral program, monthly CC and security code. My buddy was able to save like 30,000 cc for the price of the paid subscription. (It was possibly much more since they spend some on unlocks and other thing as they went.) this was collected in like two years. Now imagine credit sellers who spammed chat with codes and were farming in game currency since launch while working the gtn. 

Can imagine why BS/BioWare might nerf exploitable farming mechanisms.

I should mention my buddy did not login in to the game and was not subscribed to the game for most of that time, and was still collecting the cc. because it only required the referrals to be subbed, and the key doesn’t need anyone to be subbed.

Edited by AFadedMemory
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Nee-Elder said:

Stop putting them into your BANK.   Just leave any Cartel  'timer' items you don't want in your main inventory, untouched,  and just wait for the timer to run out. ( 36 hours i believe )  Then & only then will they become  sellable. ( un-bound )

I have done so since the hypercrates were first released with no problems. So you are saying you know for a fact that they changed it so you can't put anything into your bank so have have to sit there with a full inventory until the timer runs out?

Edited by Jessious

6 minutes ago, Jessious said:

So you are saying you know for a fact that they changed it so you can't put anything into your bank so have have to sit there with a full inventory until the timer runs out?

Not exactly, but i am saying that everytime i've ever gotten a Cartel item  that i don't need/want , i just leave it idle in my main inventory for 36+ hours and then i sell it on GTN just fine.   And the one time i accidentally placed item into my BANK , it  borked the timer and bound the item.

Therefore,  i'm saying that you should  TRY  leaving the Cartel  'timer' item  in your main inventory , untouched for 36+ hours , and then see if  it un-bounds properly to sell.

Like, as a test.

• Like 1