Galactic Starfighter PVE?

Undraxis

Even on the new asiapac server, starfighter queue doesnt pop often enough making farming of fleet comendtions difficult to say the least.  I know the original space missions are supposed to be the pve style content for space combat, but they are too on-rails to be done long term before going mad and the rewards are lackluster at best (5 fleet commandations avg per run?).  I think its a waste of assets for the galactic starfighter not being used enough, i think pve content using it would do well especially if more rogue-like.  I'm not sure if the current devs have the resources to make such a thing, but over the long term Broadsword should consider it.

It'd  be so great. I'm sure they don't even consider it, but would be lovely to see regardless. People always mention Jump to Lightspeed expansion of Galaxies at this point, and wish GSF would have been more like that.

Star Citizen became a thing right around the time when EA/BW was busy working on GSF and deciding how much to invest on it. , It is strange they looked on as  Chris Roberts made(and still makes!) hundreds of millions of dollars by selling people promises of fancy looking space ships in a game that prolly never even releases...and while oggling at that literal insane money rain, EA/BW  didn't see the potential their very own TOR&GSF  had in taking  some very lucrative steps in this regard. 

Imagine if they had invested little bit of devving time in making an actual, personal in-game hangar for GSF. As in, a tangible place where your character can actually enter. You see your starfighters there, can admire the costly CM  ship customizations you just bought. Can buy fancier versions of your ships for cc. Can climb on them and queue for GSF by clicking on the actual ships. Some of the stats of your pilot end up earning you unique decorations and little custom touches on walls of the hangar, on wings of the ships etc. Even tiny things like this would have made them so much money I bet. Would have brought GSF " closer" to the rest of the TOR, making moving back and forth between the two feel bit   more seamless. 

Selling CM ships that aren't ugly as sin would have been another interesting idea to explore.

Edited by Stradlin
  • Like 1