Kessan's Landing "Lava Problems" is very bugged.

mosherec

In the "Lava Problems" datacron mission multiple bugs exist that seriously hamper ability to finish mission.

1) Getting stunned or knocked into lava turns off sprint. And I don't mean it temporarily slows you like getting stunned or slowed normally does in every other case. I mean it turns it off completely. And turning it back on is next to impossible when you stunned or being pounded by Savrips. Sprint should not be turned off, but only slowed, and should automatically return when the slowing condition goes away.

2) When reaching the top of the ramp where the big door is, activating the door controls to close it does nothing. The door will not close until some timer runs out at which point it does on its own. So what is the point of clickable door controls? Without being able to close the door, all of the 6-8 Savrip Stunners can just follow you in and knock you off the cliff into the lava. Make the door closeable by the player or reduce the number of Savrip Stunners to just 2 or 3 so they are manageable solo. 

3) The monitor droids down in the lava lake do not de-spawn when the player gets out of combat range. They keep the player locked in combat no matter where you go.

4) The Malfunctioning Probe droid keeps resetting when you get it below around 30% health. Have almost had it beaten multiple times only to have it reset in the middle of the fight. 

5) There needs to be a way to kill or disable the grapple droids that appear when fighting the Malfunctioning Probe Droid. Because when fighting it with a melee character, they grapple and hold you immobile far to long to be able to escape knock back ability of the boss droid before it knocks you into the lava below. The only practical way to avoid this is to fight from a distance, but that is next to impossible with a melee class.

6) Other players have stated that they cannot leave the area because the door won't open back up after getting the datacron. I can't confirm this because all the other bugs have made it next to impossible to get that far.

Overall this mission needs some work to make it smoother and completable without relying on just being lucky that everything works exactly as it should. 

1) Agreed,, lava should not turn off sprint.

2) Don't aggro both groups at once. You have lots of time to fight a group at a time. Mez, CC or stun one of the stunners if you can and focus down the other ones.

3) I don't recall having that issue when I did it.

4) As far as I know he only resets (like many mobs) if you move him too far from his spawn point at which point he deaggros and resets.

5) You can move the Malfunctioning Probe droid by ranging him more than 30m (like most ranged mobs). He will always move to be 30m or less from you. Just don't go too far or you run into point 4). Then the knockback doesn't matter and if I remember correctly you are  out of range of the grapple droids.

6) It used to be an issue but there was a patch note that they fixed it. Haven't tested since I got the Datacron before it was fixed.

• Like 1