forgot how lame it was to be a non-member

Trebor-droffig

speaking as player of 11 yrs and a member for 10 of it .. i couldn't believe they charge you for literally everything as a free player now..i don't remember not being able to chat my first year. and im pretty sure i had a ride by the time i left drommund kaas , after being booted out of the game on the last update i tried to start a new free character but this is ridicules..EVERY SINGLE thing you pay for now or you have to sub...i sure ain't paying for 2 accounts i can't play..i really don't see how any "NEW" player would even get passed DK without being forced to be a sub it just cost so much for everything and the payouts have become very lame for drops

It's just that you've become very used to certain conveniences. I certainly am used to those too, not being able to unify outifts for example always bothered me until I bought the account wide unlock. But SWTOR is actually very kind to its f2p players, you can play just fine without ever spending a dime.

22 hours ago, Trebor-droffig said:

i couldn't believe they charge you for literally everything as a free player now

Waddaya mean "now"?  It's been like that ever since the F2P option was added.  In fact, it's less bad now than it was before 3.0, when they added what was, for the time, a seriously expensive-to-train set of new abilities between levels 55 and 60(1), and the player-base squarked but good.  The studio's response was to eliminate a credit sink(2) by removing *all* training costs from *everybody*, including non-subscribers.  The most important ones were the various levels of Speeder Piloting - SP1 went from 35K for non-subs (297 for subs) to zero for everyone.

(1) 3.0 added levels 56-60.

(2) Don't discuss that aspect further here, if you please.

Yeah, it's tough to imagine a company trying to make money, the nerve. 

If someone can't afford fifty cents a day, or in this case, one dollar a day, perhaps reprioritizing things might be of interest. I've been here since the beginning, thought I'd throw that out there considering someone's longevity was used, and their FTP model is just fine. As mentioned above, it's actually been vastly improved from the earlier iteration, one of the only things that stands out is their Ops passes are no longer available via the CM, which if people were around back then, know exactly why. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Pirana said:

If someone can't afford fifty cents a day, or in this case, one dollar a day,

When did SW:TOR get per day pricing?  (It didn't.  It's 15usd whether you play one day or 30 days)

4 minutes ago, PlasmaJohn said:

When did SW:TOR get per day pricing?  (It didn't.  It's 15usd whether you play one day or 30 days)

The joke obviously went over your head, which isn't surprising. 

• Haha 2