Another Meh update

I want to state, I'm not surprised with this recent update. The hyped up Date Night, is literally just a 3-5 Minute Cutscene lol. Like I expected a tiny bit more, but no its literally a 3 minute cutscene. Sooo for those of you waiting for Vette or Kira date night, enjoy the 3 minute catch up I guess. 

Seriously is it too much to ask for an update with some substance in it, like anything at all? Even fixes for the game? 

I get they have limited resources, and staff. But they can still do some basic changes to the game or QOL stuff to improve it, The new Legacy GTN Droid is a neat idea they added, I still preferer going to my Stronghold and doing my business there but its a nice QOL of change. We need more things like this! More Stuff to improve the player Experiance. 

For me, I've stated time and time again but I think it rings true, 7.0 drove off a vast majority of the player base if not alienated it. 

Here is the quarrel though for SWTOR, 8.0 while not announced yet when it is dropping is more than likely a confirmed thing. 8.0 based on the previous track records of past expansions it would not be out until 2025, It would probably be announced spring of 2025 and be out for holiday that year. But the thing is, think of how many games are coming out that year including GTA 6, so why would people come back to a meh game when all these great games are coming out both this year and next year. I'm sure even other MMO's like ESO or WOW, etc will have some form of new expansion released. 

I'm going to be honest, I think I'm suffering SWTOR Burnout, the game just doesn't offer much to me. It ruined PVP, one of my new favorite modes I discovered many years back after mainly just being a story player, by letting Premades farm Solo pugs 24/7, horrible class balancing, and a lack of incentive for me to put up with playing huttball for the 298th time. One of the massive missed opportunities was using PVP seasons to draw in more players to play PVP and in turn perhaps getting more Players in the door for ranked PVP. Season 4 the last season was the last season I cared about and actually trying, this season not even bothering, the rewards look like something out of Anthem, and overall is just something they should've given to the GSF community same with last season, Who thought Pilot stuff should've gone to ground based PVP combat? 

Can we get things like these instead for an update? 

-Undoing Pruning

-Better incentive for PVP, by adding some form of Ranked/ or a leaderboard system for those to opt into to get special rewards. 

-Fixing PVP as a whole by limiting Premades back down to 4 for warzones, and two for Arenas. 

-GSF Season, and or new reputation rewards. 

-New Operations

-Nim Operations for older ones, including R-4 as well. 

-New Augments for Crafters. 

-Added Gear from launch back into the game (I.e something like the Justice Assault Cannon for example) or Like finally fixing Star Fortress gear so players can get Exarch bracers. 

-Rebalancing Gear and Implants, Like Nerfing Ionic and Second wind. 

-Cartel Market Sets that players actually want instead of this Cheap TV show knockoff content, Can we get Re-forged/Remakes of previous sets? Imagine a Reforged Havoc Squad set or a Reforged Tulak hord, or a Reforged Reaver (Darth Marr Armor) set. Those are literally Money sitting on the table right there, I know a Ton of People who buy the Havoc Squad set alone, its iconic to this game and would be a massive hit. Even than, More sets based on the 8 Class Stories, Enough with these armor sets that don't even look like they should be in the game. 

I find it amusing that people call us who criticize the game "Haters" and especially on the sub-reddit, Downvote us to oblivion. Than they get an underwhelming update like this, and complain that its bad, than the cycle repeats and continues. 

Look at the Steam charts, and in fact look at the games population as a whole, See how long it takes to Q into PVP matches or Q for GSF, or even Qing for something like a MM flashpoint. 

I think the biggest thing the Dev's can do is two things, one Do any of the following I have suggested above or as others players have suggested in other threads. Two, be more active in this forums and engaging with the community. Host a bi monthly Q & A, where us as players can ask questions regarding certain things in the game. It goes a long way in building their rapport with the community rather than this long periods of silence we get. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, SentinalMasterWW said:

he hyped up Date Night, is literally just a 3-5 Minute Cutscene lol. Like I expected a tiny bit more, but no its literally a 3 minute cutscene. Sooo for those of you waiting for Vette or Kira date night, enjoy the 3 minute catch up I guess. 

the voices sounded AI

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, GeneralGyro said:

the voices sounded AI

It honestly sounded extremely off, Lana especially. Maybe its just the VA's getting older, or its been awhile since they do their voices. But it sounded extremely off to me personally. 

Edited by SentinalMasterWW

I can excuse short date night if BS pushes it to all the main companions.

It's 2024, please do something and make all companion playersexual? I don't care if BS just open the romance coding to both male/female toons and let the dialogue funky, I just want to romance companions despite my player character's gender.

They need to completely scrap the 7.0 gearing system because it's an abomination. And an easy way for people who use >340 gears to buy/exchange gear pieces of the part/stat they want (exchange a 344 leg crit piece with a piece of 344 gear of any type for example). I have like five 344 belt/wrist pieces that I don't know what to do with them and yet I can't get a single mainhand weapon drop.