Please stop putting the new textures on outfits.

It's so rare to get a set that dyes well these days, either you have massive parts of it that just won't be affected by dyes, the dyes are assigned poorly (Metal and cloth dying the same color) or the ugly new texture sets wash the dye out so they won't match with any other gear piece. It's really frustrating. Below is an example of the 'washed out' effect that the new textures give when using a dye, you can see it doesn't match up well at all with any other piece of armor that doesn't have the new texture sets. (Frankly I prefer the old ones anyway, at least they don't look ridiculously shiny like they're made of plastic.)

Please go back to the old textures, right now I've just killed any motivation I had to play this season. =/

Anger.png

• Like 1

Speaking only for myself, and I am unanimous in this, the only other MMORPG I play besides this one is DC Universe Online.  And it stands head and shoulders above SWTOR in terms of the capabilities it gives players for customizing their outfits.  Over there, the vast majority of style items are COMPLETELY recolorable using our 4-Color Palettes that we set ourselves, selecting the colors as precisely or generally as the player prefers!  You can even set precise Hexadecimal Color Codes, so the game has, effectively, over 16 million colors available! 😁

Oh, and then we have 3 slots for equipping Materials and Chroma Materials (basically Materials that have their own 3 color channels, giving your items a specific color scheme) that can then be applied to any style item of your choosing, or to your whole outfit.

Your Color Palette and equipped Materials are saved to your Armories for styles you've saved (the game's equivalent of the Saved Styles in our Outfit Creator, but the Armory also saves your equipped Weapon, and the powers set to your Quickbar, so each Armory allows you to do a totally different Loadout, very useful for players that switch roles depending on the group they're in) so that each outfit can have totally different settings in that regard.

Considering that DCUO is the OLDER game (releasing in January of 2011, while SWTOR came out at the end of that year,) Bioware just made bad choices on the style side of things, and never reworked the system(s) into something better. 👎

BOTH games have room for improvement, but on the style side of things, DCUO just has the much better experience.  Even the Style Unlocking for styles you've already collected on at least 1 character is vastly better, as well.

This is the way.  I have spoken. :csw_fett:

Edited by ReKabNad