I accidently destroyed a Cartel Armor Set

SsmoKii

So I bought the Jedi Knight Revan set on the Cartel Market and then instantly equipped it as an outfit (thinking it would go into my collection), and destroyed the items to free up space in my inventory, but forgot to put the gloves on. When I next logged on I saw that I didnt equip the gloves, so I go onto the collection and I see I only have the chest piece because I probably right clicked and equipped it in my gear section, but I cant recall the other items. I then find out that I needed to equip them on my gear section to bind them but I honestly didnt know. I made a post on reddit and someone told me to make a ticket because the same thing happened to him and then he got everything back. Ive made a ticket, then as I found out more I pressed the update button and wrote more information, but I wouldnt see the updated info. Ive restarted my game and still dont see the updated info. I also still havent got a response, and I have proof that I bought the 2400, and 450 cartel coins. Can anyone help me get my items back and put it in my collection as I love this set.  

You made a ticket on a *Sunday*.  SWTOR customer service, unlike, say, GW2 customer service, mostly doesn't work weekends, so please have a little patience(1) and wait until business hours on Monday morning in Austin, Texas.  (US "Central" time, unlike the corner of the same state where the late Mrs Cynic was born, which is on "Mountain" time.)

(1) Above all, you only gave them an *hour* before you complained about it, ffs.  On a Sunday.

• Haha 1

On 3/4/2024 at 2:10 PM, akdonkey said:

Did you go ahead and equip the gloves?

Yeah, definitely try getting that last piece equipped, that might unlock the style on your Legacy.  Once that's done, you can should be able to reclaim it.

This game sinceriously needs a function like DC Universe Online has, where you can mark items as "favorites", i.e. not to be Sold, Traded, or Destroyed.  When you do that, they become Account Bound.  You can stick them in your Shared Bank and trade them to your other characters, but that's it.

Yeah, we need a function to let us do that.  It would prevent situations like this. 

Edited by ReKabNad

On 3/3/2024 at 1:10 PM, SsmoKii said:

So I bought the Jedi Knight Revan set on the Cartel Market and then instantly equipped it as an outfit (thinking it would go into my collection), and destroyed the items to free up space in my inventory, but forgot to put the gloves on. When I next logged on I saw that I didnt equip the gloves, so I go onto the collection and I see I only have the chest piece because I probably right clicked and equipped it in my gear section, but I cant recall the other items. I then find out that I needed to equip them on my gear section to bind them but I honestly didnt know. I made a post on reddit and someone told me to make a ticket because the same thing happened to him and then he got everything back. Ive made a ticket, then as I found out more I pressed the update button and wrote more information, but I wouldnt see the updated info. Ive restarted my game and still dont see the updated info. I also still havent got a response, and I have proof that I bought the 2400, and 450 cartel coins. Can anyone help me get my items back and put it in my collection as I love this set.  

Howdy, I'm not sure if you are aware, but you can reclaim any item from your collection. It is also available account-wide if you purchase it account-wide. Go to your collection and type in some of the letters of what you purchased, and it will appear. 

4 hours ago, Smokeng said:

Howdy, I'm not sure if you are aware, but you can reclaim any item from your collection. It is also available account-wide if you purchase it account-wide. Go to your collection and type in some of the letters of what you purchased, and it will appear. 

That's really unhelpful, for two reasons:

• If you read @SsmoKii's post more carefully, you'll see that he/she knows about Collections.
  • Your post doesn't address the point that for armour sets, Collections requires that the character binds *all* the pieces in some way (most easily be equipping them), while OP didn't equip them all, and threw away the whole set.

8 hours ago, SteveTheCynic said:

That's really unhelpful, for two reasons:

• If you read @SsmoKii's post more carefully, you'll see that he/she knows about Collections.
  • Your post doesn't address the point that for armour sets, Collections requires that the character binds *all* the pieces in some way (most easily be equipping them), while OP didn't equip them all, and threw away the whole set.

Yeah... that sounds like they're either going to have to re-buy it from the Cartel Marketplace, OR hope they can find those pieces on the Galactic Trade Network at a price they can afford. 🤦‍♂️

8 hours ago, ReKabNad said:

Yeah... that sounds like they're either going to have to re-buy it from the Cartel Marketplace, OR hope they can find those pieces on the Galactic Trade Network at a price they can afford. 🤦‍♂️

Or negotiate with Customer Service...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A little late to the party, but did you manage to get this set back? Perhaps with support's help? 

I actually have the very same issue, I was making a new outfits for my jedi knight, I bought exiled master set but I did not use every set piece (legs) so it's not in my collections now. I obviously destroyed the set after making the outfit cause I thought it's in my collections. 

Dunno if it's worth the fuss opening a ticket. 

7 hours ago, Perunwic said:

Dunno if it's worth the fuss opening a ticket

It really isn't much fuss, unless you find it difficult to be polite to people.  (I'm presuming you don't find that difficult, by the way, but some other posters in the past most definitely - and by their own admission - did find it difficult to be polite to SWTOR customer service peeps.)

• Confused 1

Because
1. They are useless idiоts who cannot read your request,
2. And if they read it, they cannot help because they don’t understand anything in the game,
3. Only after the third or fourth request you will see excuses for the previous answers and they will finally begin to explain why they cannot help even with such a simple thing as the restoration of the /seasonal token, which was captured at the limit/letter with money/etc etc.
Either the first twice the bot responds either, if support is so dull and blind that it drives me a crap about the innovations in the patch (when I write about lost token) or about the impossibility of restoring because kurve engine deleting letters posthumously (when i saw my letter with 3 bil (bEFORE inflation it was big money in box for 30 days but could not take him so it expired in end) there is nothing more to say, except for [censored] [censored] [censored]
but keep trolling justify greedy maganers, retаrd support and gastarbaiter sjw devs as you their lawyer on case stuffed with money be my guest

PySy never understand why some people defend such things like american corporations or russian government....

Disgusting.

2 minutes ago, AmorphLex said:

Because
1. They are useless idiоts who cannot read your request,
2. And if they read it, they cannot help because they don’t understand anything in the game,
3. Only after the third or fourth request you will see excuses for the previous answers and they will finally begin to explain why they cannot help even with such a simple thing as the restoration of the /seasonal token, which was captured at the limit/letter with money/etc etc.
Either the first twice the bot responds either, if support is so dull and blind that it drives me a crap about the innovations in the patch (when I write about lost token) or about the impossibility of restoring because kurve engine deleting letters posthumously (when i saw my letter with 3 bil (bEFORE inflation it was big money in box for 30 days but could not take him so it expired in end) there is nothing more to say, except for [censored] [censored] [censored]
but keep trolling justify greedy maganers, retаrd support and gastarbaiter sjw devs as you their lawyer on case stuffed with money be my guest

PySy never understand why some people defend such things like american corporations or russian government....

Disgusting.

with an attitude like that i wouldn't bother to respond to you either honestly.

On 3/3/2024 at 7:10 PM, SsmoKii said:

i'd recommend messaging jackie directly in private messages or maybe make another ticket, its frustrating i know, this happened to me as well with items and im currently waiting for an email for another game thats not working for four days straight so yeah these things take time, more than they should.