Still to this day PVP sucks and remains unbalanced

RazorBladecontra

15 hours ago, Samcuu said:

Not to mention the solo queue would discourage many support class players from queuing knowing they aren't going to get any help. Tanks perform better with heals and vice versa.

This is huge. As a tank main, it can be extremely rough to solo queue sometimes. Since guarding someone redirects damage coming at them to me, guarding someone that does not know how to position or pop defensives well will cause me to die a lot more too. It can be a gamble guarding someone you don't know because of this since you won't know how well they can survive. It really helps to have people to play with where you know exactly how they play, and it makes queuing as tank so much more fun. I don't play healer as much as tank or dps, but it still is so much more fun playing healer with people you know rather than solo since you can actually depend on them to play like they know they have a healer with them rather than running off to pick fights they can't win. If 8s were split into different queues, the number of people who would queue up on tank and healer would likely drop significantly, especially when the group queues wouldn't really pop all that much without coordination between groups. Just look at what happened with group ranked before it got removed. There were only a handful of teams that actually were there to play the game rather than mat farm or win trade. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Nee-Elder said:

However , in their defense ( since i  personally SOLO queue 95% of my playtime for WZ's  and probably more like 50% for Arenas ) , you have to also remember there is a large segment of legit casual$ who understandably have limited schedules + waning interest; and therefore can't  really commit to a weekly planning of  consistant hardcore teams.

A lot of times, when there are two opposing views like this, reality is the truth lies somewhere in the middle. I queue solo a large chunk of the time because as you said RL commitments keep me busy and I can't always be online when friends are there. So I get both sides of the argument and to me a compromise should be made. Reduce group sizes to 4, continue to improve the matchmaking etc. It won't shore up every single problem but I think it's a step in the direction of making the game more palatable for the more inexperienced/casual player. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Samcuu said:

A lot of times, when there are two opposing views like this, reality is the truth lies somewhere in the middle. I queue solo a large chunk of the time because as you said RL commitments keep me busy and I can't always be online when friends are there. So I get both sides of the argument and to me a compromise should be made. Reduce group sizes to 4, continue to improve the matchmaking etc. It won't shore up every single problem but I think it's a step in the direction of making the game more palatable for the more inexperienced/casual player. 

Besides pvp seasons, which is barely an incentive, they should also, as Trixxie has said time and again, make lowbies and midbies worth the effort to queue for them and learn pvp as they go rather than just jump into it at 80s. I think we've all seen our fair share of players queue 80s pvp with no prior experience at all. There's technically nothing wrong with that, I'm certainly not going to gatekeep new people queueing up, we all know pvp could use more population, but max level pvp, and especially now with the premades running around, has a steep learning curve learning the maps and tactics for them when they're spending half the match at spawn after getting globalled each time they step out of it. Lowbies and midbies need actual rewards that are worth it so players can learn as they go, rather than being thrown to the wolves.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1