175k credits to trade what ?????

xilbuster

Basically me and my wife started playing again  and I wanted to trade a few level 10 items to her and it costed 175k ??????????????   Tax the poor heavy  so anti new player and  anti co-op . I do not under stand this.

• Sad 1

It's a controversial policy, but one that tremendously helped reduce inflation in the game. It was at alarming levels and now it's quite reasonable (Just to give you an idea of the difference, a single Hypercrate was being sold for 1 billion, today it's being sold for 32 million.). You can pass items to her by putting them up for auction at very low prices and asking her to "buy" them in sequence. Of course, you can't just leave the items there because someone might buy them before, but it works when synchronized.

23 minutes ago, kinhoandrei said:

a single Hypercrate was being sold for 1 billion

The price for a whole Hypercrate went way higher than that.  On The Leviathan, the price for a single pack (of which a hypercrate contains 30) went higher than 100 million.

On 2/26/2024 at 11:45 AM, xilbuster said:

Basically me and my wife started playing again  and I wanted to trade a few level 10 items to her and it costed 175k ??????????????   Tax the poor heavy  so anti new player and  anti co-op . I do not under stand this.

Others already gave the reason why they did this. As far as getting around it, there's only one option. You can join a guild (or create your own) and wait 30 days. Then if both accounts are subscribers, you can access the guild bank and trade items without paying taxes. There is a guild bank access unlock that free accounts can buy but it's not worth it because of the expense and I think it has a lot of limitations like no access to guild bank credits.

Edited by ThanderSnB

57 minutes ago, ThanderSnB said:

I think it has a lot of limitations like no access to guild bank credits

It has *one* limitation, which is, indeed, no access to guild bank credits.  Or maybe one could consider that to be *two* limitations: can't withdraw guild bank credits, and can't deposit guild bank credits.  Either way, I wouldn't call it "lots".

35 minutes ago, SteveTheCynic said:

It has *one* limitation, which is, indeed, no access to guild bank credits.  Or maybe one could consider that to be *two* limitations: can't withdraw guild bank credits, and can't deposit guild bank credits.  Either way, I wouldn't call it "lots".

Ok, I was thinking it had a limitation on how many items can be deposited and withdrawn as well. That's good if there is no limit on items. Either way it's an expensive unlock that is almost never worth it.

12 hours ago, ThanderSnB said:

Ok, I was thinking it had a limitation on how many items can be deposited and withdrawn as well. That's good if there is no limit on items. Either way it's an expensive unlock that is almost never worth it.

The how-many-items limit comes from the guild-bank permissions-by-rank, and not from the player being a non-sub with the unlock.

And yes, it's mostly not worth it.

• 2 weeks later...