Shouldn't Nadia be more involved in this ongoing storyline?

I'll admit that I'm hardly unbiased here, but I feel like I have a logical underlying point. 

- Darth Nul is directly related to the specific enemies that she fought in the class storyline. She has first hand experience with the Children of the Emperor. More so than most Jedi, in fact.

- Sahar is playing a pivotal role in this story in some way, and Nadia would have presumably known Sahar personally from their time at the colony. Does she have anything to say about what Sahar is doing? Does she want to try to bring her back to the Jedi, like Tau does?

- Task Force Nova is still around doing various Jedi stuff, which one would assume she is perhaps involved with in some way.

- She is a character that every Republic character meets in Jedi Under Siege and is always canonically present. And even though Consulars have the option to reject her from the Alliance, she would still be working with Gnost-Dural if that happens.

It makes sense for the Mandalorian characters to show up in the Mandalorian stories, and oftentimes, they do. Even Torian gets included if he is alive, so its not like the potential to be absent guarantees that they have to be absent regardless. So why shouldn't the same apply to Jedi characters in the Jedi related stories? 

I can't deny that I'm a player who is pretty desperate to see more of her because she's one of my romances, but I find it odd that she's the only Jedi character from Jedi Under Siege, that has not reappeared in the storyline since then, especially when so many elements of it seem be directly or indirectly relevant to her character. 

At the very least it would be nice if Sahar referenced her when talking to the Consular. Like maybe whatever Sahar knows about the Consular, she could have learned from Nadia.

Honestly, a lot about the Legacy of the Sith storyline seems like it could be heavily related to the Consular story.

There's no explicit connection between Darth Nul and the holocron that was in Iresso's head, for example, but the circumstantial evidence does make me wonder if there is more to it.

It seems like that could be a cool way to include the Consular companions more in whatever is going on. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, OldVengeance said:

- Darth Nul is directly related to the specific enemies that she fought in the class storyline. She has first hand experience with the Children of the Emperor. More so than most Jedi, in fact.

She did deal with them in the Consular storyline but how much depends in part on how often the player used her as a companion.  It may interest her however.

- Sahar is playing a pivotal role in this story in some way, and Nadia would have presumably known Sahar personally from their time at the colony. Does she have anything to say about what Sahar is doing? Does she want to try to bring her back to the Jedi, like Tau does?

Was Sa'har ever at the colony?  I don't remember that being said.  I know her master was a friend of Tau's but he may have been wandering the galaxy when the colony was active.  Tau mentions that there are Jedi still doing that when you play Ossuss.  Truthfully, considering her master seemed to be trying to make amends and destroy everything to do with the Children, I think he'd be more likely to not have been at the colony.  

- Task Force Nova is still around doing various Jedi stuff, which one would assume she is perhaps involved with in some way.

- She is a character that every Republic character meets in Jedi Under Siege and is always canonically present. And even though Consulars have the option to reject her from the Alliance, she would still be working with Gnost-Dural if that happens.

She would be part of the task force possibly.  If the Consular didn't reject her then she definately is.  However, for the other Pub toons, she isn't available as a comp and she may have been sent elsewhere by the Jedi Order which would keep her from participating.  

13 hours ago, OldVengeance said:

It makes sense for the Mandalorian characters to show up in the Mandalorian stories, and oftentimes, they do. Even Torian gets included if he is alive, so its not like the potential to be absent guarantees that they have to be absent regardless. So why shouldn't the same apply to Jedi characters in the Jedi related stories? 

I can't deny that I'm a player who is pretty desperate to see more of her because she's one of my romances, but I find it odd that she's the only Jedi character from Jedi Under Siege, that has not reappeared in the storyline since then, especially when so many elements of it seem be directly or indirectly relevant to her character. 

At the very least it would be nice if Sahar referenced her when talking to the Consular. Like maybe whatever Sahar knows about the Consular, she could have learned from Nadia.

Honestly, a lot about the Legacy of the Sith storyline seems like it could be heavily related to the Consular story.

There's no explicit connection between Darth Nul and the holocron that was in Iresso's head, for example, but the circumstantial evidence does make me wonder if there is more to it.

It seems like that could be a cool way to include the Consular companions more in whatever is going on. 

I'll say the big difference between Torian and Nadia is that Torian is a comp that every toon has or did have while Nadia isn't.  I know Doc isn't a Jedi but he was there also and he has some knowledge/experience with the children also due to Kira.  I think a good part of the reason they haven't had her show up is just due to the fact she isn't and NPC or a comp everyone can get.  I'd love to see more of her though.

4 hours ago, Darcmoon said:

She did deal with them in the Consular storyline but how much depends in part on how often the player used her as a companion.  It may interest her however.

Well, I feel like exactly how much any companion was used is just sort of a minor technicality. I think it's safe to conclude that all class companions have at least some experience with the subject of the class stories, at least the parts they were potentially there for. And even if she didn't fight them on Corellia for everyone (like she did with me), she still has the experience of having one secretly hidden among the crew of the ship for weeks or months or however long Chapter 2 is supposed to be. She saw first hand the damage they can do. The First Son ordered the death of her father and another nearly assassinated her planet's Royal Family. She also has dealt with the psychological impact of learning someone you or your allies trust was secretly an Imperial infiltrator, without their knowledge. So it seems that is another relevant piece of experience she might be able to share with Tau or Sahar.

Was Sa'har ever at the colony?  I don't remember that being said.  I know her master was a friend of Tau's but he may have been wandering the galaxy when the colony was active.  Tau mentions that there are Jedi still doing that when you play Ossuss.  Truthfully, considering her master seemed to be trying to make amends and destroy everything to do with the Children, I think he'd be more likely to not have been at the colony.  

Yes she was. Tau explicitly says that Master Orr and Sahar were both part of the colony. That's how she knew them. In fact, Orr must have been a pretty important part of it because Gnost-Dural entrusted him with leadership of the Task Force Nova expedition that he sent to Elom in the first place. That's why they were both there. The Codex entries also confirm this.

She would be part of the task force possibly.  If the Consular didn't reject her then she definately is.  However, for the other Pub toons, she isn't available as a comp and she may have been sent elsewhere by the Jedi Order which would keep her from participating.  

I'll say the big difference between Torian and Nadia is that Torian is a comp that every toon has or did have while Nadia isn't.  I know Doc isn't a Jedi but he was there also and he has some knowledge/experience with the children also due to Kira.  I think a good part of the reason they haven't had her show up is just due to the fact she isn't and NPC or a comp everyone can get.  I'd love to see more of her though.

My point was that this seems like something that could easily change. Gnost-Dural presumably does send her to do other stuff for non-Consulars, but he could just as easily ask her to work with the PC as well, at any time. Akaavi was initially only available for Smugglers (and then Hunters) but she ended up being present for every character on Ruhnuk. Nadia even has the advantage of having already been introduced to Republic players.

Doc wouldn't have the same level of experience with the Children of the Emperor as Nadia does, because he wasn't present for the first Chapter of the Jedi Knight storyline, but he would know whatever Kira would have shared with him. He's another character that I think it makes sense to see more of because he's also someone who would probably know Sahar personally.

Edited by OldVengeance

I would say that the main culprit for Nadia's removal from the plot is Kira, who is deeply involved in the case of the emperor's children, is available to everyone and is simply much more popular among players.

• Like 3

I mean, I have a hard time believing that hiring a single voice actor for some of these segments is going to be a big deal for the budget, but even if it was, not every character appears in every update anyway. The budget can't possibly be the reason there's no room for her.

I mean, I have a hard time believing that hiring a single voice actor for some of these segments is going to be a big deal for the budget, but even if it was, not every character appears in every update anyway. The budget can't possibly be the reason there's no room for her.

Remember that there are 3 VA for each NPC.  1 for English, 1 for French and 1 for German.  There is also the possibility that they aren’t able to get one (or more) of her VA(s) currently or back near the start of LotS. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Darcmoon said:

Remember that there are 3 VA for each NPC.  1 for English, 1 for French and 1 for German.  There is also the possibility that they aren’t able to get one (or more) of her VA(s) currently or back near the start of LotS. 

Even so, I find it hard to believe there's no possible way to fit in one more character due to their budget. Especially since they apparently intend to bring back all the love interests for Date Night at some point.

7 minutes ago, OldVengeance said:

Even so, I find it hard to believe there's no possible way to fit in one more character due to their budget. Especially since they apparently intend to bring back all the love interests for Date Night at some point.

I wasn’t talking about their budget.  I probably should have specified that.  I meant maybe they couldn’t get one or more of them back for some other reason.

My first reaction to this post heading was "Nadia who?," so yeah, she's been totally forgotten, swept aside.  Once I jogged my memory, I really like(d) Nadia, but she's gone now.

This is true of so many original comps that it's become a kind of sick joke. Sure, Torian shows up in the (never-ending and now completely annoying) Mando storyline, but only if you didn't kill him off to save Vette. I did kill her off on almost all of my toons (except a couple of SWs, for obvious reasons) because a dedicated and capable Mando is going to be way more useful to the Alliance than a criminal jill-of-all-trades with a sense of humor.

They seemed to want to push us to forget our original (i.e. "real") comps by rolling out new replacements, but it didn't work out very well. People love Lana and Theron (and Arcann, one of my faves), but they are really attached to their original comps . . . for obvious reasons. It was a weird move, and it needs to be fixed by bringing our original comps back into the storylines (and date nights! YAY!).