QUESTION ABOUT LVL 65 CHARACTER TOKEN

Danielelel

So for context: I played the game since 2014 (on and off). At one point I received from BIOWARE a level 60/65 character token (I chose 65). I have no idea why I received it (I didn't buy it). At that time I wasn't even preferred I think just f2p. After creating the character I bought some CC from swtor site and became preferred. Fast forward a few years: in January 2024 I subbed for the first time. I've read that with the token all KOTFE is already done and you cant change the story. The thing is I started the chapters now and whenever I make a choice it says the choices are remembered. And when I click "N" key the info under the companions is updated with my choices (or at least I think they are). Also Senya Tirall is naked and I cant put her outfit on. Bug? I have read that you cant change the outfit when selecting "reclaim gear" (which I did).  Someone said that if you use the companion map on Odessen can fix this (haven't tried, don't want to). So my questions are:

1. Can the KOTFE story be changed in any way?

2. After KOTFE I am free to make my own choices right?

3. Any romance/flirt I have with companions (Lana for me) in KOTFE story doesn't count? Can I romance her after KOTFE or the "damage" is done? I also read that companion dialoge is fixed just like the story (or is it just for OG companions?). My fear is that the dialogue choices are NOT set on the flirting option so you cant romance her anymore I hope I m wrong. 

4. Senya fix? Maybe later in the story I can put the outfit on her? Its really weird to see her naked in fight scenes...

5. Can I obtain Senya without reclaiming other dead companions? In "my" story she is alive so I don't understand why I cant have her (I'm thinking she went away with Arcann and she is unavailable).

Of course after KOTFE many of these questions will be answered but I would love a heads up since I have a lot of story to do until KOTET. Thanks for reading my long message. I appreciate the help!

Suggestion for devs: When clicking on the companion map let us see which companions are going to come back and let us select which one we want back. 

When it was a level 60/65 token, if you picked 65, KotFE was, indeed, marked "done" (but repeatable).  Repeating does not allow the character's story choices to be rewritten (you can choose differently, but the difference will be lost when you finish the chapter).

Naked (no, she wears skivvies!) Senya can be re-equipped starting at the chapter where she joins you as a permanent companion (not sure when this is, but it's Chapter IX at the very latest).  This is a change they made to stop people giving "guest" companions special gear and then resetting the mission and losing the gear.  A guest companion is one who is there for one chapter only, but also a will-be-permanent companion who hasn't passed its "become permanent" point.  The "become permanent" point might be as soon as you first have the companion as a companion (e.g. Kaliyo, Aric Jorgan) or might be some time later (e.g. Talos Drellik who joins you as a guest part-way round Hoth, but doesn't become permanent until you finish the Hoth story segment back on your ship).

The "choices are remembered message" always shows even if you are replaying chapters. It's confusing, but that message isn't a sign that choices are actually being saved. Companion Influence can also be gained while replaying chapters and even though the Influence stays, it's also not a sign that choices are being saved. I don't know about the messages below each companion, haven't tested it myself.

I think this is how it used to be with character tokens (not Master Datacron) and their starting level, but things could have changed since I last boosted a character.

• Level 60 character - Fallen Empire and Eternal Throne haven't been completed, so all choices are saved.
  • Level 65 character - Fallen Empire is auto-completed, so Fallen Empire choices won't save, but Eternal Throne choices will save.
  • Level 70 character - Both Fallen Empire and Eternal Throne are auto-completed, so no choices in the chapters will save.

I know for the Lana romance, it has to be started in Fallen Empire. If Fallen Empire is already finished, you could pick [Flirt] options replaying the chapters, but the relationship won't develop (e.g. no kiss scene).

For Senya's availability, she might not be available to summon depending on the chapter you are on. Some chapters have a specific companion you have to use. As long as the chapter is in your log, you can only summon that one companion and not the others. For Senya specifically, she does leave at a certain point late in the Fallen Empire story, but she can return early in Eternal Throne depending on your choices (Light side she returns, Dark side she doesn't return if I remember right).

Edited by ThanderSnB

• 1 month later...

Update:

1. No! KOTFE is set in stone with lvl 65 character Token.

2. Yes, after KOTFE the player is free to make their own choices!

3. After KOTFE I had the option to flirt with Lana and I chose every single one. I even talked with her when I had to chose with whom to talk to between Lana or Theron. But it didn't stick. So yeah, ThanderSnB is right on this. Although I can romance Nadia (my lvl 65 char is a sage) when she returns.

4.-5. You get Senya later and you will be able to equip her gear on so no more naked Senya!

8 hours ago, Danielelel said:

1. No! KOTFE is set in stone with lvl 65 character Token.

Wrong.  If you use the 65 character token (hint: this is no longer possible!), you are marked as having finished KotFE.

2. Yes, after KOTFE the player is free to make their own choices!

Only if the character has not done something unwise like beginning Jedi Under Siege (the Ossus story).

3. After KOTFE I had the option to flirt with Lana

No.  This happens *during* KotFE.

Wrong.  If you use the 65 character token (hint: this is no longer possible!), you are marked as having finished KotFE.

Exactly what I have said. My question was: "Can the KOTFE story be changed in any way?" and I answered with "No! KOTFE is set in stone with lvl 65 character Token." even if you replay it and make different choices.

No.  This happens *during* KotFE.

Yes! The cantina scene is in KOTFE but after KOTFE I had flirt options with her. They didn't stick. That's my point. Seems with a lvl 65 token you cant romance Lana properly.

Here is a forum where ppl say they had flirt options with Lana after KOTFE (just like me) ----> https://forums.swtor.com/topic/822211-eternal-throne-lana-beniko-romance-question/?do=findComment&comment=8842760

I understand that during KOTFE you start a relationship with Lana. All I am saying is that I had Flirt options with her during KOTET and they did not matter. I don't understand what you are saying.

10 hours ago, Danielelel said:

Seems with a lvl 65 token you cant romance Lana properly

Correct (fussy: you can't romance her at all, just flirt), because once you have jumped to the beginning of KotET or JUS (remember: there is no level 65 token any more!), KotFE is marked as "done the first play", and in that condition, the choices "made" during the "marked-as-done" chapters cannot be rewritten, just like they can't be rewritten if you play through KotFE after starting at level 1 (or, until recently, after starting at level 60 - this is no longer possible either) and then go back to play it a second time on that character.